Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 03:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 17265 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2006, 12:51:16 PM »

unfortunately i doubt we will be getting CD this Spring ...in fact i doubt we get it this summer too

if Axl doesnt finish it up by the time they hit the road then we wont be getting it until either next fall or spring...and that blows....all this excitement....i really dont knwo why he wants to tour without the album. I wanna see them play some old songs but I dont want another 02 setlist. And I also dont want all the new songs in a live fashion for the 1st time....

why cant he just finish the album, release the single and album before the tour, go tour in europe then tour in the states....what is so hard about that i dont get it....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »

unfortunately i doubt we will be getting CD this Spring ...in fact i doubt we get it this summer too

if Axl doesnt finish it up by the time they hit the road then we wont be getting it until either next fall or spring...and that blows....all this excitement....i really dont knwo why he wants to tour without the album. I wanna see them play some old songs but I dont want another 02 setlist. And I also dont want all the new songs in a live fashion for the 1st time....

why cant he just finish the album, release the single and album before the tour, go tour in europe then tour in the states....what is so hard about that i dont get it....

CD should be out till the live performances. But if the old band plays these dates then it's quite logical not to release CD this spring.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2006, 01:11:46 PM »

what old band

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2006, 01:35:17 PM »

stop and think about this situation guys. it does make sence. personally i hope its not true, but, it does make sence. and do you honetly think the old band will get together  Roll Eyes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »

It don't look good for a release anymore.. Thats for sure. Buzz kill and a half.  Undecided

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2006, 01:38:11 PM »

don't worry, we have a tour to look forward to  ok
and you know axl will play more cd titles at the shows.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2006, 02:02:34 PM »

Don't we already have a GH?  What's the sense in releasing the same material AGAIN to gage fan interest? 

You want fan interest?  Release Chinese Democracy!

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »

If that is the case, then maybe hes just doing this euro tour to get some extra cash, get his ego up a bit (euro fan base LOVES gnr)...then come home at the end of summer, release CD, do some big interviews and start a fall tour in the US.  I mean, he HAS to release it this year....

right??  nervous

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2006, 09:49:04 PM »

I'm surprised you weren't flamed for that post, since it deals with reality. hihi Honestly, I want to believe its coming before the Euro tour.  Could Axl really be dumb enough to repeat the 2002 fiasco? nervous I certainly hope not. If we dont get CD before the tour starts, then we're never getting it. Because 2002 will happen again, but on a much worse scale because it will be the second time at failure. The band's credibility is already hanging by a thread, and another failed tour will send it tumbling into an abyss. If we're reaching another 'no CD and failed tour' phase, bandmembers will leave.

Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2006, 09:55:54 PM »

I'm with ya, brother.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2006, 10:15:15 PM »

There is NO WAY in my opinion that the tour is even a remote possibility without a record to go along with it.
Didn't one of the tour press releases say "Guns n roses present: Chinese Democracy"?
Seriously...with the failure of the 2002 tour (without a record) there HAS to be a CD out. Even if it is GH with a couple new tracks (I hope not!) they can't tour without a new CD. It's pointless.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2006, 10:27:37 PM »

If Axl gives an official interview through a major media outlet ie/ MTV and says Chinese Democracy isn't finished but close, then we'll never see CD regardless of a tour.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

If Axl gives an official interview through a major media outlet ie/ MTV and says Chinese Democracy isn't finished but close, then we'll never see CD regardless of a tour.
He's not going to do that, because any negative comments towards CD will affect ticket sales. He needs you to think 'soon is the word'.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2006, 10:38:51 PM »

This band does not have the fan base to just tour on their name. If he wants to re-establish this band, make them relevant, make newbies see this band as GNR then he doesn't need another nostalgia tour. This band needs a record for a successful tour. Its just pathetic.

Right before the 2002 tour I said (along with others) the tour was doomed if they didn't tour with the album and look what happened Undecided

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2006, 06:23:39 AM »

First, I am DYING to hear CD.

However, I do believe launching GH2 first makes sense:
- It gets the general public interested in GNR again- most record sales are not from people who check the message boards every day
- It convinces promoters, retailers, etc. that GNR can still sell and gives them confidence to support CD
- Assuming like GH1 it has minimal promotion, it provides funding to support CD
- It's probably part of the agreement Axl has to recoup some of the enormous costs of CD

Remember, the majority of the world doesn't think about Axl and GNR every day.  Most people love the "flavour of the month" crap band and song and need to be spoonfed even great music like TWAT/IRS.  Hearing GH2 songs and DJs/MTV/TRL saying "that's the great hit Estranged and I hear there's more great new stuff coming out from Axl in two months, some of which was previewed last night in Dublin- our reporter on the streets loved it"- that's what will fuel the frenzy for the casual fan.

E

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »

old news i think...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »

Soudns like a joke...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2006, 02:16:23 PM »

according to a guy over at mygnr.com, he emailed with one of the guys who spoke to axl in new york, and axl told him geffen was planning to release anothe GH before CD.
this is what he posted:

I sent an email to that cornmo guy. The magician that met Axl at that Victoria Secret party. Here is what he emailed me.

he (axl) said the label was going to put out another greatest hits cd and see
how that
does. and then they'll decide.
i hope he puts it out himself. like prince did. that would be
excellent.
he's really nice.

> Hey saw your Blog...you met Axl. Very cool.
>
> Please tell me you asked him when Chinese Democracy is going to be
released?
>
> I would appreciate any info you have...
>
> Thanks so much

Decide what? I really don't see the point here. GH sold great last year.

If this is true, it's more like the label making a cash grab - fuck em.

If Axl doesn't sign off on a GH, if it's not the tracklisting he did that Slash approved of, then I ain't buying it.

This greedy fucking industry makes being a fan SUCK.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »

I wonder why he said "and then they'll decide"?  If they allow GHII to run its full course, we might not see CD till 07.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »

This greedy fucking industry makes being a fan SUCK.

You don't have to buy it ok That's your power. If people don't buy it companies won't make it peace

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: