Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead Stealing Axl's Thunder...?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead Stealing Axl's Thunder...?  (Read 10945 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« on: February 25, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

Buckethead is pretty much ruling these new leaked tunes. TWAT is a one-man show as far as I'm concerned, and that man is Buckethead. He also owns IRS. I know it's a tiny clip, but it sounds like he could own CITR too...

My question is:

..."is Buckethead stealing Axl's thunder"...

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?  confused
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

Have you heard the album yet? Is buckethead even on the final cut, disagree that buckethead is all over the demo's though clearly he features.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 12:22:15 PM »

Buckethead is pretty much ruling these new leaked tunes. TWAT is a one-man show as far as I'm concerned, and that man is Buckethead. He also owns IRS. I know it's a tiny clip, but it sounds like he could own CITR too...

My question is:

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?? confused

keep in mind we don't know if axl kept most of bucket's part or not. Remember that bucket's solo albums are nothing worth buying. In my opinion.... Some nice licks and tunes but it gets bored very quikly. You need someone to get the best out of you. Axl is the man who pushes the best out of musicans... Slash''s solo records aren't really that great.........yet he is a great player .....but you need someone who guides you, pushes you that one extra step further. That one was Axl......

We can still conclude that Axl is calling the shots in this musical directing....monstrosity.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »

My question is:

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?? confused

I disagree I think Fincks solos are better than BHs espcially on TWAT

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

My question is:

hmm I'm not sure who playes what on TWAT......yeah the ending is mostly Bucket........but we aren't 100% sure on who plays what.....unless we'd ask......

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
ARC
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »

My question is:

hmm I'm not sure who playes what on TWAT......yeah the ending is mostly Bucket........but we aren't 100% sure on who plays what.....unless we'd ask......

Buckethead rules the amazing last two minutes of TWAT...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:29:34 PM »

My question is:

Totally agree.  I could do without shredding on a gnr album.  The work on Better is not good.  If you took the lyrics and melody in Better and gave it to Slash to write around, you'd have a masterpiece on the level of Jungle IMO.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 12:33:31 PM »

Slash gnagna.. Shred gnagnagna  confused
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »

My question is:

How will Axl feel when "Chinese Democracy" is released and most people are talking about the guitar playing of someone who isn't even in the band anymore...?  confused

Buckethead rules the amazing last two minutes of TWAT...

absolutely. Buckethead rules TWAT and IRS. I like Fincks solo in Better more than Buckets though.
but that spacey stuff in Better kinda weighs up for it, I assume that's Bucket too.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »

My question is:

Totally agree. I could do without shredding on a gnr album. The work on Better is not good. If you took the lyrics and melody in Better and gave it to Slash to write around, you'd have a masterpiece on the level of Jungle IMO.

oh I definately agree on this!
I think he would have made TWAT and the first solo in IRS better too.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:51:54 PM »

My question is:

Remember that bucket's solo albums are nothing worth buying.

You lost any and all credibility right there.  I've been a buckethead fan since '96, way before Axl Rose even had a clue who he was...and his solo albums, are incredible.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

This is all Axl dudes.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 12:56:12 PM »

My question is:

Totally agree. I could do without shredding on a gnr album. The work on Better is not good. If you took the lyrics and melody in Better and gave it to Slash to write around, you'd have a masterpiece on the level of Jungle IMO.

oh I definately agree on this!
I think he would have made TWAT and the first solo in IRS better too.

Yeah, but that's because when we think of a gnr album, we imagine Slash's style. Would Slash improve these demos, for sure, but there are times when shredding works for new gnr.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 12:57:23 PM »

Robin has the first solo in the longer version of TWAT. That solo is amazing. I dont like BHs solo on Better but Robins work is awesome

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 01:03:22 PM »

If you took the lyrics and melody in Better and gave it to Slash to write around, you'd have a masterpiece on the level of Jungle IMO.

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard for a while.  Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »

Nah. He's not stealing Axl's thunder.
And Finck's solos are also great.

But I still think there's an unfilled space in the band since Buckethead left.
shaun
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 01:20:02 PM »

what i liked most about Buckethead was what he added to the old songs. Between Bucket and Robin they brought new life to old classic's. Some of the old Gn'R songs (as great as they are) do sound dated. Two of my highlights was Buckethead doing some amazing stuff on Nightrain (my personnal favourite GnR song of GnR songs) and what Buckethead does to Novermber Rain (he plays the finnal solo right at the end like some sort of anthem - check out the live at Leeds version, there's video's floating around of this).
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 01:50:06 PM »

I think Axl will be the main focus on the album without question.  I agree that Robin's work so far was pretty good; better than I probably expected.  While I think Bucket is a tremendous talent, I'm not a big fan of shredding.  It's impressive he can play that fast, but I"m just not a big fan of that sound.  Most of the great solos you hear aren't based on speed, IMO. I've got a few of Bucket's solo albums, so I know he's capable of more than just shredding.  But, he obviously is a big fan of it as it seems he's always insistent on showing pure speed in his solos.  I'm just not sure that's Guns N' Roses style.  But then again, this is a new GN'R....

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »

My question is:

Are you sure thats Buckethead on TWAT? Sounds more like Robin Finck to me...
ARC
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 02:01:10 PM »

My question is:

Are you sure thats Buckethead on TWAT? Sounds more like Robin Finck to me...

The final amazing solo, that starts at about 4:23, is DEFINATELY Buckethead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: