Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  who feels a void after buckethead?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: who feels a void after buckethead?  (Read 22356 times)
speed_stone
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:26:55 AM »

i really miss him, maybe it was for the better for the band that he left but my god that guy could play, he was the one guy who really could fills slash' shoes, image and everthing, he was so fascinating and a great guitar player and front figure alongside axl. seeing him was an experience. finck and fortus are cool but don't stand out the same way buckethead did. a great loss. i still look forward to CD with great interest but did anyone lose a little interest for the band right after buckethead left? him coming back to the group would be the ultimate dream, matter of fact i even dreamed once that he did, lol. i'd rather have buckethead back than slash. maybe it was for the better for the band that he left but i know i speak for alot of fans when i say that he will be missed.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:32:46 AM »

I've said it before, he was the element that pushed the new band to the stratosphere...tough to replace
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

I am so glad he is gone. I don't get people's love for him.

1) His image was awful he turned gnr into a circus act. I listened the the MSG show last night and his extended solo of star war themes and chicken picking has no place in a gnr show. his bucket and mask are lame

2) I hate his playing. He sounds like a robot jerking off. I don't find any soul in his playing at all, to me he sounds like he being paid to play. While he can shred undoubtly... that is a decade and half to late.

I love finck and fortus as they have soul and I honestly think they understand the emotional aspect of where axl is coming from.

I've listened to bucket's solo stuff and it is great. but i just don't like him in gnr, and i'm glad he is gone. I hope they saved alternate solos and parts and have replaced his contributions on the album.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 01:39:49 AM »

i was a big buckethead fan before he was in guns, & i'm still a big buckethead fan after. i will miss him alot!!!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:40:46 AM »

Crashdiet, you said it. I just dont like that guy. And when he plays, he just stands in the same place and looks so fucking stupid with his mask, KFC-bucket and jacket. And I dont like his sound either.. too modern or something, but not good. I hope he wont be on CD.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:41:44 AM »

You've listened to his solo stuff, yet found no soul in his playing?  Buy Electric Tears, Colma or Population Override...It's a matter of subjective opinion, sure, but at the very least, the Image point is moot...I don't need him to look like Izzy or the Strokes for him to be in GNR....Fortus and Finck are great in their own way, and add their own ingredient, but I'm sorry, I just don't see them pulling it off alone.
speed_stone
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:43:45 AM »

i think buckethead's solos, the guy plays with emotion few players today can match, should be on CD but of course axl knows better than i do if it should.
i wonder what axl meant when he said they remained open to "discussion".
doubt he will be back though. Undecided
but who knows what the future will bring?
guess we will see glimpses of that at rio. Cool
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:45:51 AM »

I like his solo stuff. I think he sounds soulful for sure.... but from what i've heard in the gnr material I just don't buy his contribution. I don't feel him. I just don't like the shredding.... ?I mean he does have a couple cool ideas like the lick before the second verse in better... thats really cool. But as a whole I just dont' like what i've heard thus far.... I could definately be eatting my words once the album is released and we actually know who plays which solo's and riffs... but as it stands I hate his image... he makes gnr look bad... this is suppose to be rock n roll not pee wee's play house.

while he is an outstanding player... I just dont' think gnr is the band for him

Its me and my songs

May 12, 14, 15, 17
speed_stone
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:48:19 AM »

his image was fresh and cool and his shredding brought something new to the songs.
it remains to be seen how axl will fill this void.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:54:57 AM »

You've listened to his solo stuff, yet found no soul in his playing?? Buy Electric Tears, Colma or Population Override...It's a matter of subjective opinion, sure, but at the very least, the Image point is moot...I don't need him to look like Izzy or the Strokes for him to be in GNR....Fortus and Finck are great in their own way, and add their own ingredient, but I'm sorry, I just don't see them pulling it off alone.

I just listened to Colma, and I didn't find it any interesting. And I care about how band looks on stage.. I like the energy of the other members, but Bucket was just a boring person. He had some cool solos/riffs during the tour, but naaaww.. dont like it. And I personally think that any member's solo stuff has nothing to do with Gn'R, so if someone has some cool stuff on his solo album, it doesn't mean that his stuff is cool in Gn'R. You know what I mean? Solo albums ar solo albums.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 01:57:29 AM »

i'm sorry but shredding died in 1989... the general public gets annoyed by that these days.

I'm give you that his image was fresh... but it was far from cool or rock n roll which is what gnr has always and should always be... not werid and freaky. i'm sorry star wars theme songs, chicken picking, and action figures shouldn't be part of a GNR show EVER.

Just because he can shred night train doesn't mean its soulful.... but then again many people think fink sounds out of tune while I think he is the perfect compliment to where slash left off. To each his own i guess beer

Its me and my songs

May 12, 14, 15, 17
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:06:24 AM »

He tore up the solos on the old songs, you can't honestly tell me he plays without soul or feeling when on his November Rain and KOHD solos on the tour amongst others

Yes, he shreds, he can play fast, and likes to do so, but it's not the only thing he does, the only thing he's capable of doing, or the only thing he's about, just listen to TWAT from about 4:20 to the end   smoking
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:10:01 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »

Don't miss the guy I'm happy he's gone. I have his solo stuff altough I like that, he just doesn't fit with guns imo
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 07:40:30 AM »

I don't feel a void since he never did anything I remember.. It's like missing someone that was never there.. ig new gnr released albums did long tours videos and everything else then I would feel this way
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 10:32:41 AM »

1) His image was awful he turned gnr into a circus act. I listened the the MSG show last night and his extended solo of star war themes and chicken picking has no place in a gnr show. his bucket and mask are lame

Being a rockfan and spending great amounts of your time discussing how things should look by your own assbackwards standards is the pinnacle of lame. Slash receiving credit for an awful sloppy version of some of the most beautiful movie music ever recorded (written by mr. Rota), is not only lame but pretentious as well.

2) I hate his playing. He sounds like a robot jerking off. I don't find any soul in his playing at all, to me he sounds like he being paid to play. While he can shred undoubtly... that is a decade and half to late.

Focus on shredding in a BH related discussion and immediately lose your credibility. You can say whatever you want about you having heard his solo-albums.

And even if some shredding is there, all this nonsense about how shredding was cool mainstream-wise in the 80?s. Who cares what the mainstream likes? Shredding today (by people like Holdsworth or Buckethead or Thal) is just as relevant as then. We?re discussing music not fashion. It isn?t about being successful according to what is trendy. Who cares that the general public has different preferences or what is in and out? When properly reinvented (like BH does) no musical concept should be dated.

-PEACE-

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »

It's not that I love him. I just think his solos are great.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »

I love BH, I think he's a creative genius and I love his solo work. But as stated before, I just don't think he was right for GnR. I believe he's even admited that himself, ( if I'm asked for a source I'll look tomorrow or whenever else I have time) but I do remember reading him saying that at some stage, and i do agree with him, GnR just ain't his thing.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 11:22:46 PM »

yeah, I wonder who will fill his side of the stage! nervous

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »

yeah. i feel the void is shaped like a bucket mask and raincoat. thats it. he was not a contributor, finck has a 10x better more powerful solo than bucket, he just plays fast

Added: and i don't like that finck freak so much ither, he also looks like a circus sideshow but the man can play solos somewhat slashlike with that sustain and feel and his sound is wierd but its alright
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 02:44:34 PM by AXL 20 » Logged

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »

I definitely miss the guy... he had a "presence" about him live that was a nice counter-weight to Axl's larger than life persona on stage... similar to Slash in that regard... and now that's missing and I really fear that the band is going to come across as "soft" or completely over-shadowed by their famous frontman live... Plus,  say what you will, but the dude had the chops to be in GN'R- new stuff/old stuff it didn't fucking matter... Robin only seems to really shine through on the new stuff IMHO... and that's a problem when people go to a GN'R show and expect to hear WTTJ, SCOM, PC, Patience, YCBM, KOHD, NR, etc. played flawlessly...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: