Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  who feels a void after buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: who feels a void after buckethead?  (Read 22353 times)
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »

Ron is the only worthy replacement for Buckethead. If this band is going on without Bucket (which they do), then this incarnation with Ron is the only right thing to do...

Ron is absolutely amazing...

-PEACE-

ben9785
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 08:41:54 AM »

Ron is the only worthy replacement for Buckethead. If this band is going on without Bucket (which they do), then this incarnation with Ron is the only right thing to do...

-PEACE-

I trust all the judgement I hear.

Like I said I have nothing against Ron. I look forward to discovering his musicianship further and enjoying his contribution to GNR. It's just sad to see Buckethead go that's all.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 09:20:16 AM »

-PEACE-

I trust all the judgement I hear.

Like I said I have nothing against Ron. I look forward to discovering his musicianship further and enjoying his contribution to GNR. It's just sad to see Buckethead go that's all.

There aren't many people on this forum who miss Buckethead more then I do, I really know what you're saying. I spend the last four years here aupporting him like he's my brother...

-PEACE-

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 02:53:30 PM »

I do
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 12:42:12 AM »

I'm glad bucket is gone.  He never really seemed into the band.  I think bubble will be great!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 08:59:53 AM »

Go bumble! YEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH  beer
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »

I don't feel a void since he never did anything I remember.. It's like missing someone that was never there..
Same feeling if Fortus, Finck or Stinson left, actually...

I'll download it !
ssiscool
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 02:07:28 PM »

not really this ron thal dude seems cool. i felt a void when slash left though  Sad
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 12:16:19 AM »

not really this ron thal dude seems cool. i felt a void when slash left though? Sad

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I don't feel a void after Buckethead!  What was a Buckethead?!?  I definitely the void prior to that! 
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006, 07:16:33 AM »

pretty soon it will be a recognised condition -'Post GNR Lead Guitarist Departure Emptyness'  hihi

seriously, I feel a bit of a void, although it's miniscule compared to the void that Slash (and the rest of them) has left

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »

haha, weird, right when i started reading this thread "Move On" by Jet started playing on my playlist.

anyway, i loved buckethead, he was a great guitar player, probably the best i've ever hear. and for those who say he has no "emotion" in his playing go pick up "Colma". i was sad to see him go. but honestly gn'r seem more of Rock band more than ever now.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »

Void? How can you feel a void for a person who isnt dead? I mean its not like you cant listen to the person's next album. You feel this "void" then get that persons latest album. How can anyone feel a void when Slash left GnR? Its not like they have come out with anything substantial for 13+ years. Wait til CD comes out than you can say..gee...I miss slash and so and so on this album. Guess I will wait for the new VR to come out. Now if you say you felt a void when Dimebag got shot in the face that is another story. That I can understand.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

dimebag got shot in the face ? wow. what a degrading way to go.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
prolog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »

everyday there is this void in me that thinks and imagine what if...

what and where G&R will be if Buckethead stayed... oh well. i guess there will be time to move on.

one thing that i think of is why we didn't hear from Brain regarding Buckethead leaving?? like what happened or any explanation...like a behind the scenes stuff.  they have a long history of collaboration and playing shows. and IIRC it was Bucket who recommended Brain to G&R when Freese left. i could imagine that he could've said something in light of the fact that Tommy "badmouthed" BH.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »

definatly. i love buckethead and while i dont like his image in the band you cant talk shit about his abilities. he is amazing. if you are going to talk shit about him, listen to the songs with the new band from 2002 and compare bucketheads solos with bumblefoots solos. there were a bunch of bumblefoot solos during like KOHD and others that just sounded bad. im not judging him yet because he is new but i definatly missed buckethead the last two nights. 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2006, 02:04:19 AM »

listen to nottingham lace is you think he lacks emotion!
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2006, 03:13:30 AM »

there were a bunch of bumblefoot solos during like KOHD and others that just sounded bad. im not judging him yet because he is new but i definatly missed buckethead the last two nights.?

Bumblefoot has been rehearsing the songs for a mere week now, given the circumstances (first time for a huge crowd etc), he did an excellent job ... really. I'm one of the biggest Buckehead-fans, but I know for a fact that Ron is perfectly able to create equal magic. They both are in a league of their own.

-PEACE-

ben9785
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »

I know it might be ridiculous to say there is a void after Buckethead left even though Buckethead wasn't a groundbreaking member of the band whatever, but i dunno, for the time he was in the band, he really was a big part of it and helped evolve guns n roses to the next level and add a new dimension and feeling to their sound

And I'm sure any other generally respectful Buckethead fan out there like myself (and pretty much every other Buckethead fan who has replied to this) is very sad to see Buckethead go, but at the same time, very accepting and willing to support this Bumblefoot guy..

Once again that is my feelings..

It's still sad to see Buckethead go...But I will appreciate Bumblefoot's contribution to the future of GNR..

It's not just because I'm a huge fan of his...he just..I dunno...like everyone else, well I wasn't exactly upset after Slash left - personally I thought this would be an interesting challenge to see how Axl could progress GNR - but I felt it was going to be a very different band....Buckethead made up for that completely and even more, and I hope - actually I have faith - that bumblefoot will be able to fill Buckethead's void

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2006, 08:41:30 AM »

from what i've heard, he was good on some tracks, and others i didn't care for; from what i've seen from the pics recently they look like a rock band now rather than a circus side show like they did in 2002
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 12:55:19 AM »

i dont...robin is all i need
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: