Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  moderation = naziism (+ AxlRoseVen defense)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: moderation = naziism (+ AxlRoseVen defense)  (Read 10417 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« on: February 28, 2006, 03:45:10 PM »

I can understand the frustration the mods must have with all of the recent activity and noobs, but I think that closing AxlRoseVen's thread (which was harmless) and saying "So yeah Ven, go fuck yourself" is completely uncalled for.

AxlRoseVen is a nice guy and a big fan of GNR.  He is from south america and it's difficult for him to write in english.  but he's not out to hurt anyone, he makes good points if you think about his posts, and he's actually kinda entertaining.

I hate to say it but this moderation is approaching naziism!!!

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »

And your accusastions are approaching absurdity.

Psshhhhh.

Facists! Hippocrites! Bastards!

Heard it all before.

Oh, by the way, I have no idea what incidient you're refering to. Maybe I agree with you...

But, still. Naziism; ungrounded and yesterdays news.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »

here is the thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26717.0

some mod comments
Skeba: I'm just fucking lost for words with this one.
Pandora: You don't have to find special words, you know. Just tell him to go fuck himself. So yeah Ven, go fuck yourself.

I think the thread was totally legitimate.  It didn't need to be closed just cause you guys don't like the way ARV writes.....  Cry Cry Cry

peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »

Well, he starts similar threads all the time.

Instead of using the ones we already have, he likes to start new ones.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »

yea. OK, i guess you're right, but still I don't think people need to be so mean to him

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

some mod comments
Pandora: You don't have to find special words, you know. Just tell him to go fuck himself. So yeah Ven, go fuck yourself.

Pandora rules!

And, if you were looking for some kind of answer or validation, you pretty much gave yourself one with the first sentance of your first post.

Maybe if he looks around a bit more, thinks before he speaks, then in the end...Whoops, descended into song lyrics there. What was I saying...Oh yes. Maybe he should see what is already out there before starting a new thread. Throw his couple of cents into the already existing...You get it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

here is the thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26717.0

some mod comments

I think the thread was totally legitimate.? It didn't need to be closed just cause you guys don't like the way ARV writes.....? Cry Cry Cry

peace

I prolly wouldn't go as far as tell someone to go fuck him/herself over just one thread. Nor did I remember to lock the thread as it seems, but I _do_ think that the thread was totally pointless. We've discussed Axl's appearence about a million times (well, I haven't but others have). I don't see why some people think it's so important. It's like people are actually thinking that "yeah the music's good on the record, but now that it's being sung in clothes like that, it's suddenly lame.." It's like some people think that clothes, his hair, his eyebrows or whatever-the-hell-shallow-thing-that-has-no-influence-on-the-song-what-so-ever is fucking cryptonite to the songs and it just makes it all unbearable and impossible to listen.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »

yea. OK, i guess you're right, but still I don't think people need to be so mean to him

I think it's because they're tired of his posts. They're all pretty much the same... They're not easy to read either so I guess some don't even bother trying to understand what he's actually trying to say.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »

yea i guess I didn't see it that way.  I've only been reading the forum since last summer, and just registered in december, so I don't know his history or anything.

well thanks for letting me vent  ok

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 06:33:01 PM »

No offense Nambis, but it shows that you haven't been here long. Ven is a retard and makes absolutely no sense to anyone. He's become the laughing stock of the whole board. Why he hasn't been banned yet is still a mystery to me, but as long as he's here and I'm a mod, I will feel it's my duty to not let him clutter up the board with his nonsense. And If I have to be called a nazi for it (or any other name), then so be it  Smiley

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »

no offense taken.

I used to laugh at Ven, too.  When I first came here I was mean to him, called him a crack head, and asked if he was Steven Adler.  I totally know what his posts are like, and I realize that he's the laughing stock of the whole forum.  but that doesn't make it right.  I've come to like ven and his posts, and I think people are just too hard on him.  I think he's more valuable to this forum than 90% of the people who have been on here lately.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »

I think he's more valuable to this forum than 90% of the people who have been on here lately.

You might have a point, but the present moment is not exactly a reference point in terms of valuable contribution  hihi

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 06:16:12 PM »

Heil Pandora? Tongue

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Z
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »

Ven is a retard and makes absolutely no sense to anyone. He's become the laughing stock of the whole board.

My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night. He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped outside his closed door to listen. "Are you there, God?" he said. "Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed." I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.

Kevin was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult. He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas, and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life? Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, and later to bed. The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.

Kevin does not seem dissatisfied. He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work. He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores. And Saturdays--oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. "That one's goin' to Chi-car-go!" Kevin shouts as he claps his hands. His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips. He doesn't know what it means to be discontent. His life is simple. He will never know the entanglements of wealth or power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be. His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it. He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, nor does he leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

Kevin is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure. He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue. Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God. Not confined by intellectual reasoning, he approaches his faith as a child. Kevin seems to know God--to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an "educated" person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations, I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith. It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions.

It is then I realize that perhaps Kevin is not the one with the handicap--I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances--they all become disabilities when I don't trust them to God's care. Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God. And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I may realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed. Kevin won't be surprised at all!

With much love and very best wishes,
Fred Burks for the Web of Love and Moment of Love

May each of us find ever more ways to love, encourage, and inspire each other and all around us to be the very best we can be every day of our lives.

Fred Burks - Web of Love founder and former presidential interpreter
www.weboflove.org/fredburksresigns
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »

wow, i'm not usually one for sappy inspirational things like that, but that was great, and totally appropriate.

Right on Z ok

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 08:23:19 PM »

My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night. ...

I'm sorry for not seeing the relevance in the conversation... Please enlighten me.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »

My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night. ...

I'm sorry for not seeing the relevance in the conversation... Please enlighten me.

I suspect you are supposed to be enlightened as to the use of the term Retard.  But as someone who has long worked with mentally retarded adults and acted as an advocate for them, I can tell you that they are generally very happy people who couldn't care less if you refer to them or anyone else as retarded.  And yes, I use the term exactly the way you did, just not at work. 
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 06:05:19 AM »

Oh puh-leaze Z, stop your PC bullshit. It doesn't belong here. I'm sure you're clever enough to realize I'm not talking about actually handicapped people. It's called an "expression". See, I have a brother who's gay. What am I supposed to think of all the morons who keep using the word "gay" on this board? Well, that's the point : I don't think anything of it, because I know they don't use it in the same sense (even though it gets on my nerves at times). You should stop taking things so seriously...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »

Oh puh-leaze Z, stop your PC bullshit. It doesn't belong here. I'm sure you're clever enough to realize I'm not talking about actually handicapped people. It's called an "expression". See, I have a brother who's gay. What am I supposed to think of all the morons who keep using the word "gay" on this board? Well, that's the point : I don't think anything of it, because I know they don't use it in the same sense (even though it gets on my nerves at times). You should stop taking things so seriously...

You're so gay...

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 06:50:01 AM »

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps God was under his bed....

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: