Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Legia Stadium - June 15 (Warsaw, Poland)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legia Stadium - June 15 (Warsaw, Poland)  (Read 39703 times)
rocking_rob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 10:18:17 AM »

Hi, does anyone know if the concert will really start at 3pm?  Is this a normal time in Poland?  I'm from the UK and here doors never open until 7pm and then the band might get on stage around 9pm if your lucky (or 11pm when Axl is involved!). 

BTW I managed to get my ticket without any trouble from www.tickepro.pl - someone said they did not know if tickets could be baught from outside Poland...
umwagew
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 11:33:28 AM »

They open the gates at 3 pm. There will be supporting bands. One of them is Kobranocka if I remember correctly.... I think GN'R will play like usual. Late Grin

I asked my boss for a day off on Friday. I don't believe I'll come back soon enough to make it to the office
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 05:55:50 AM »

Gn'R will play 15 June here.
Supports are: Kobranocka,Oddział Zamknięty<polish rock bands> Sebastian Bach with his band and 650 North (Indiana)  Izzy will play as a guest here.
So it's gonna be great show :)Only two days.
rocking_rob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 08:48:50 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.  Just looked again at http://www.odyssey.pl/koncerty_e.html and they now have some times.  They don't list Seb's band yet but GNR are supposed to be on at 21:15 :-)  Might be tempted to watch the football somewhere first!

Can't wait and really hope Izzy shows up - never seen him live.
hideo
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »

16.00 - North 650
17.00 - Kobranocka
18.30 - Oddzial Zamkniety
20.00 - Sebastian Bach
21.15 - Guns N' Roses

This is the song that is not dedicated to drinking or drug addiction or any of that kind of stuff. This song is basically about a walk in the park. This is something called 'Nightrain'
estranged.1098
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.  Just looked again at http://www.odyssey.pl/koncerty_e.html and they now have some times.  They don't list Seb's band yet but GNR are supposed to be on at 21:15 :-)  Might be tempted to watch the football somewhere first!

Can't wait and really hope Izzy shows up - never seen him live.

They should have cancelled the opening bands to show the match.
Agata
Headliner

Rabbit Run

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »

Well, late review, but still...
The show started earlier than planned, 8.35, so the wait wasn't much of a drag for me as I got there past seven, when Sebastian was still performing. One of his people spoke some pretty good Polish. Anybody know anything about his roots?  Shocked

The early start caught us sort of by surprise, and was the more so thrilling. I was close to the stage, third row, to the right, so I had a good view. It started as usual with Welcome To The Jungle, followed by It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone. Somewhere between those songs Axl called us 'a great, great, great crowd', which made my little self happy 'cause I didn't want him to be disappointed with his very first impression of Poland and our audience. Sadly, we were not included in the Use Your Illusion Tour.

The fifteen years of waiting proved to be so much rewarding! I can't give you the full setlist, but I think that the next one was Better, before which Axl said that maybe we've been very, very bad and got this song off the Internet. As you know, some of us were pretty bad  Cool. We were chanting "Guns N' Roses" pretty much in between every song, which hightened the atmosphere, and the level of energy was amazing. People screamed and sang to every song, which made the "I sing one and you sing one" in Knockin' On Heaven's Door impossible 'cause we were doing Axl's parts as well.  yes

Out of the new songs, besides Better, we heard The Blues, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and IRS. Izzy joined the band for a couple of songs, and Sebastian for My Michelle which sounded great in the duo.

Axl Looked cool in his rock style clothing, and sounded orgasmic  Grin. He was relaxed and in a good mood, and joked with Tommy about standing on stage and basically having fun, watching beautiful sunset. The setlist, including particular members' solos, was pretty similar to the previous shows.

All in all the night was perfect, easily one of the best in my life. If I was to ask for something more, that would probably be Rocket Queen...

I must also say that the show was much better than the Budapest one I attended two weeks ago. First of all, it was longer (two and a half hours), and the attitude of the band members was more laid-back and high-spirited, which made our hearts grow and vocal cords burst... Thank You Lord for Axl Rose!

You walk a mile in my shoes
And then you tell me about singing the Blues
Pneu
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:34 AM »

Few notes from the show:

Robin wore red socks and white pants which made white/red colours of the national flag of Poland? ok

During his piano jam Axl mimicked Ray Charles? hihi

About 5 unconscious girls were dragged out of the crowd by the people and security during the show.? no

During Patience Axl wraps himself in a Polish flag with a new GNR logo and a sign "Welcome To Poland" thrown by a fan.? ok

During Paradise City Axl runs around the stage with another fan made flag saying: "Axl Take Us To The Paradise City!"? peace

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:12:21 AM by Pneu » Logged
hideo
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 09:02:50 AM »

how many tickets are sold for this show? i'm curious about the east european shows...

audience in Poland : 20000

This is the song that is not dedicated to drinking or drug addiction or any of that kind of stuff. This song is basically about a walk in the park. This is something called 'Nightrain'
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

it's not true

before the show we asked guys from odyssey about the tickets and they answered they still had 13,000 tickets available to buy... so if Legia Stadium can get 25,000 there were 12,000 fans
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:38:40 PM by Michael_Stradlin » Logged

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
krelke
Opening Act

NighTrain Station (http://gunsnroses.com.pl)

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 04:40:18 PM »

My project from this fuckin amazing show! I was there...  Cool
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

Here's some of my pictures from the Warsaw concert:

umwagew
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »

Great pix! I can see my left hand twice on them:))) Black casio g-shock, that's me ok
hideo
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 12:25:45 AM »

it's not true

before the show we asked guys from odyssey about the tickets and they answered they still had 13,000 tickets available to buy... so if Legia Stadium can get 25,000 there were 12,000 fans

you're right, but this site : http://gnrfrance.net/tournee-date-guns-n-roses/concerts-varsovie-pologne-8.htm inform about 20 k
my fault.

YAlex
Opening Act

Wake Up, It's Time To Die!

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 11:41:28 PM »

polish tv spoke, that one day before a concert there were not sold about 3000 tickets
YAlex
Opening Act

Wake Up, It's Time To Die!

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »

Poland IS NOT an Eastern European country. Belarus is, Ukraine is. Poland is in central Europe Roll Eyes

Esteem such science as geography. The geographical center of the Europe is in Ukraine
And from the political point of view - Poland always was in the East Europe
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 09:22:03 AM »

Sorry - Poland is in central Europe!

Happy 3rd May fellow Polaks! Today we celebrate the anniversary of our constitution!
The second one written in the world!!!!!!!

peace

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: