Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?  (Read 18290 times)
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2006, 05:13:40 AM »

I know some (if not most) GNR fans hold the UYI albums highly, but I don't number myself among them. In fact, I pretty much despise all of UYI I as a whole - It's a sloppy, boring, and overlong record.

I love II though, even though it has it's patchy moments (GITR, Shotgun Blues, So Fine).

For me, personally, I already like the Chinese Democracy material more than either UYI record - It's more ambitious, but it's also more focused and exciting. There's so much energy and creativity in these songs, but they don't feel overcooked like the UYI material.

As for it being better than AFD... well, that's a huge challenge. It's possible, but I'm not expecting it to top AFD.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006, 09:09:58 AM »

just heard twat, if it's all as good as this it'l be better than anything they've done before.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »

I'm a very well paid mortgage broker my friend. So well paid in fact I alread bought 10 tickets to Ministry(my other favorite band who is touring this summer) for all my friends.

I have no problem shelling out $150.00 for 10 copys of C.D and spreading the wealth to others... I want Mr. Rose to keep making music and I will play my part helping him sell records. ok

woo hoo why do people do this? i mean like act like there not intentionally trying to brag about there money idk  I guess i hate it cuz my cuzzin always like does it and i just want to tell her ppl wont like you cause you have money
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

Whats with this Guitars need a lot of work stuff??

On these new songs the guitars kick ass! The guitar work on TWAT in particular is some of the best I have heard in years! Makes the hairs stand up on my neck!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Elrothiel
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2006, 09:53:03 PM »

Well if its true that 80-90% of the rock community hates Axl, and because of Kurt Cobain, then they all deserve a huge big kick in the nuts. And I hate to say this, because I always say you should respect the dead, but Kurt Cobain was a fucking asshole who HATED Axl even though he didn't even know him.
Everyone LOVES Kurt because he was clever enough to shoot himself in the head, and BECAUSE they LOVE Kurt, they hate Axl.

AND THAT IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT RIGHT THERE!!! rant

People should like who THEY like, and hate who THEY hate!
EG: Kurt fans should quit hating on Axl simply because Kurt hated him. It proves they are ALL fucked up people with sheeplike tendencies. This goes the other way too. Axl fans should quit hating on Kurt because Axl hated Kurt. That ain't even true!! Axl didn't hate Kurt! He didn't even know Kurt hated him!

I have had this debate many a time. KURT STARTED THAT RIVALRY!! NOT AXL!!! rant
Those emo fuckers who worship Kurt because he was "emotional" need to wake up, take their heads outta their asses, and SMELL THE GODDAMN COFFEE!! If the UYIs and Lies (and even AFD to a certain extent) aren't emotional, I don't know what is! People only thought Kurt was emotional because he dressed like a hobo, was a heroin addict, had a hard childhood, and wrote incredibly cryptic lyrics! And those same people thought Axl WASN'T emotional because he dressed WELL, they didn't even bother reading about his childhood, and was notoriously controversial. Oh, and wrote lyrics that weren't a bunch of weird sounding words put together.

Roll Eyes

I think before anyone hates on anyone, they need to do some fuckin' research first, to find out if its worth it... because really, if you hate on someone and say things about them that aren't true... you're gunna look fuckin' stupid and you deserve a kick in the nuts!

Yes I do pity Kurt. He had serious problems, which weren't exactly helped by that stupid bitch Courtney Love, nor his bloody stupid addiction to heroin. The silly cunt shoulda stayed in rehab!! Then perhaps he wouldn'ta blown his head off. AND THEN he wouldn'ta been so fucking overrated! Yes Nirvana were good, but they weren't anything to be written about as extensively and as overrated as they are!

Umm... *reads above stuff in post*

Okie I'll shut up now before I end up repeating and contradicting myself! rofl
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »

A lot of people haven't been waiting for this album, so it really doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be successful. All he needs is some good music that can get interest on the radio and with songs like Better I don't doubt he can do it...

*rubs skynardgirls shoulders* calm down... You're scaring the children, grasshoppa...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 10:14:00 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Mr. Oral Sex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2006, 10:06:13 PM »

I agree with what the majority of the people have said in this thread:

Why the fuck do you care who doesnt like Axl (Who really knows Axl? Less than 20 people REALLY know Axl I'd bet)? I love Axl. I love his music, his songwriting, his passion and his amazing freshness to the whole rock world that he provides. I enjoy it, and if the next Joe Schmoe doesnt, fuck him, I dont need his opinion around me.
Elrothiel
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »

A lot of people haven't been waiting for this album, so it really doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be successful. All he needs is some good music that can get interest on the radio and with songs like Better I don't doudt he can do it...

*rubs skynardgirls shoulders* calm down... You're scaring the children, grasshoppa...

I don't doubt he can do it either... ChiDem will rock the whole world! I know it! peace
And thanks... hihi Sorry... I think I just got a bit overexcited there! Grin I do that sometimes... I have a tendency to try and get ALL my points across all at once... and I usually end up repeating myself. hihi
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »

i would like to know  exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll. Was it in the early 90's when kurt kobain announced how much he hated axl?? i think Curt has a lot to do with this shit.  People love slash but hate axl    i don't get it .                       

It has alot to do with Axl showing up hours late to shows or not showing up at all.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2006, 10:28:55 PM »

If you really believe this stuff, could you tell us who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was? confused

Dick Cheney

Nomination for funniest thing ever posted in these parts yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »

I think axl is going to need to have a few anthoms in this cd? that appeal to the non hard rock listening public? for him to be successful in his comeback.? ?If Axl is depending on the rock community alone? for his success? than he is doomed.? the new songs are really good? but not even close to what is needed for him to survive this comeback(maybe madagascar could be one). I would say that around? 85-90% of the rock listening public? hate axl with a passion.? i have been visiting non gnr rock message boards? and they all for the most part are saying that these new songs suck? because of how they feel about axl .? I think if axl wrote another "stairway to heaven"? they would still say it sucks.? i would like to know? exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll. Was it in the early 90's when kurt kobain announced how much he hated axl?? i think Curt has a lot to do with this shit.? People love slash but hate axl? ? i don't get it .? ?I guess? we will find out when Chinese Democracy is released , it is just too bad? that axl? has to begin his journey? at a negative instead? of zero.? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? P.S? ?axl's songwriting is brilliant? but the guitars need alot of work in these new songs? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? hopefully they will be? on the final cut.

Roll Eyes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »

I think axl is going to need to have a few anthoms in this cd? that appeal to the non hard rock listening public? for him to be successful in his comeback.? ?If Axl is depending on the rock community alone? for his success? than he is doomed.? the new songs are really good? but not even close to what is needed for him to survive this comeback(maybe madagascar could be one). I would say that around? 85-90% of the rock listening public? hate axl with a passion.? i have been visiting non gnr rock message boards? and they all for the most part are saying that these new songs suck? because of how they feel about axl .? I think if axl wrote another "stairway to heaven"? they would still say it sucks.? i would like to know? exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll. Was it in the early 90's when kurt kobain announced how much he hated axl?? i think Curt has a lot to do with this shit.? People love slash but hate axl? ? i don't get it .? ?I guess? we will find out when Chinese Democracy is released , it is just too bad? that axl? has to begin his journey? at a negative instead? of zero.? ?

i'm sure uncle axl's got it covered ok
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? P.S? ?axl's songwriting is brilliant? but the guitars need alot of work in these new songs? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? hopefully they will be? on the final cut.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

Cmon dude! This is just the media conspiracy propaganda. Been there done that. It never existed. If you really believe this stuff, could you tell us who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was? confused

Funny James and agreed...It's impossible to even guestimate percentages are going to be when CD comes and how many people he will win over or not, or even how many dislike him and the new band.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2006, 12:31:24 AM »

Axl doesn't have to do anything. He's rich.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2006, 12:31:44 AM »

Cmon dude! This is just the media conspiracy propaganda. Been there done that. It never existed. If you really believe this stuff, could you tell us who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was? confused

Funny James and agreed...It's impossible to even guestimate percentages are going to be when CD comes and how many people he will win over or not, or even how many dislike him and the new band.

I think there is some truth to the original post....I wouldn't go so far as to put percentages on it, but I feel there is definitely some anti-Axl sentiment out there:  I think hes blamed for breaking up the original line up, he has the cancelled shows and/or late starts to shows, waiting forever to hear new music etc....
personally, I love all that stuff (but glad I never had to deal with any of it hehe) and to me thats what makes Axl, Axl.  Thats rock n roll.
I've said it a few times before...the success of CD in terms of album sales and what not will be determined by the critics. And if they don't like it, the fans will have to make this record number 1 by calling radio stations/mtv etc....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2006, 12:43:13 AM »

I think there is some truth to the original post....I wouldn't go so far as to put percentages on it, but I feel there is definitely some anti-Axl sentiment out there:? I think hes blamed for breaking up the original line up, he has the cancelled shows and/or late starts to shows, waiting forever to hear new music etc....
personally, I love all that stuff (but glad I never had to deal with any of it hehe) and to me thats what makes Axl, Axl.? Thats rock n roll.
I've said it a few times before...the success of CD in terms of album sales and what not will be determined by the critics. And if they don't like it, the fans will have to make this record number 1 by calling radio stations/mtv etc....

There are definitely Axl haters out there, alot of them, I just think that this can't be predicted.  The success of CD will go 3 ways...GREAT, BAD or Medioca.   I guess we shall see.

Oh BTW...I agree that in the 80's and 90's Axl being tumultuous definitely made him, him and was intriguing.... to me anyway, even now all this time waiting...sorta wouldn't be him..I remember in an old interview he did with kurt loder right at the kickoff of the UYI tour...he referred to himself as a brat...that he is.. yes

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Elrothiel
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2006, 11:03:59 AM »

...he referred to himself as a brat...that he is.. yes

hihi And that's one of the many reasons why we love the man! yes love
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »

Personally, I don't think you can compare the demo's that were leaked to the finished products of AFD or UYI.

If i did compare them, I will say I like the classic songs better than the new material.

I had friends listen to the new material that are not die-hard fans and it was very unanimous that the classic GnR was 1000 times better than the new material and they went on to say  that VR's music was better as well. 

The feedback was Axl's voice was annoying and the music sucked.

I myself thought there was some potential to the new stuff.  I just don't think this album will be as big as many other people who post on this and other related boards think it will.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »

Appetite is, in my mind, the best rock album ever made. I doubt Democracy can come too close to that, but it has a shot at UYI. Still, think of what UYI had (ex. Don't Cry, November Rain, Civil War, YCBM)...it's gonna be a really awesome record if it's as good as UYI, but I think it will come up just a little shy of that.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »

I don't think it will be as good as either from what I've heard Sad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: