Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?  (Read 18300 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »

I'm scared at how good "chinese democracy" could be, given the demo's we've heard...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2006, 04:44:33 PM »

well can't really compare them but I guess I prefer the most of the New songs so far to the most of the old ones.

So likely as not CD will be better than AFD and UYI. nervous

As to the Axl's comment, it was slightly different than that. And maybe we should read between lines?
Do you listen to music for the artist? I don't.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »

well can't really compare them but I guess I prefer the most of the New songs so far to the most of the old ones.

I think Axl is counting on fans like you- and people that will become fans after hearing the music.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2006, 05:04:42 PM »

And more, he said "I'd like to take some of the old gnr fans to the 21st century with us" Cheesy
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »

Yup. I became a fan before the old members started leaving, so I'm an old/new appreciator Smiley

I love 'em all!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 05:25:01 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2006, 05:22:13 PM »

Well considering I was 17 when AFD came out and was instantly a gnr fan and have been ever since..I will not even compare this new music to the old music.    I am looking at the new music as a new band completely.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2006, 05:22:50 PM »

how does hearing demos quickly become how this will be better then eevrything gnr ever did in their life time? Why does it always come down to that? Why not just enjoy the tunes and see what happens ?when cd finally hit

The first gnr was a revlotution, this one is a revival... ?Nothing is like the original in how the public reacts, we get plent of retro things that happen in life, bell bottoms, tie dye, daisy duke shorts, etc but the trend is never the same as when it was original..

I hope mucho success in keepingn the gnr name strong but I doubt there will be album sales like afd or the illusions.. Both together have sold 30 million+ at least in the usa alone..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

Sales?
Hey read at least the opening post. Ooops look who's talking. Lips Sealed

Since the leaks have came out, I've been pretty surprised by most people's reactions...
I have seen very little discussion about the music itself.

We're fans.
It struck me as being really strange that everyone is focused on the business of the band rather than the music.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

Sales?
Hey read at least the opening post. Ooops look who's talking. Lips Sealed

Since the leaks have came out, I've been pretty surprised by most people's reactions...
I have seen very little discussion about the music itself.

We're fans.
It struck me as being really strange that everyone is focused on the business of the band rather than the music.

Yes I mentioned sales but I also mentioned why compare.. Kiss
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

i think if axl has a few great rockers like jungle, perfect crime and you could be mine to add to these great songs we've already heard it'l be better than old gn'r. But why does he need to be better anyway? use your illusion wasn't better than appetite, it was different. chinese democracy will be different,for axl to have musical integrity he needs to stay away from recreating things he's done before therfore it makes it hard to compare, would you rather have a releavant axl or a nostalgic axl?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

im gonna say better than the illusions but not better than appetite
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2006, 09:21:10 PM »

how does hearing demos quickly become how this will be better then eevrything gnr ever did in their life time? Why does it always come down to that? Why not just enjoy the tunes and see what happens.
Great point. Its strange how people are just going crazy over this. Fuck, this strange reaction didnt even happen on UYI release day. How can a 80 second clip of Better top AFD? I've seen people people here say TWAT is the greatest song in the history of the world right after it leaked, after listening to it once or twice. Insane. Funny how a couple small leaks makes AFD and UYI irrelevant. hihi I think the main reason peoples opinions are to the extreme is because its the first new music in a million years. Once the excitement has died down a little, people might stop saying little clips are better than AFD, dark side of the moon, rumours, and led zep 4 combined. hihi

plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »

I wont get into those type disscussions will I have heard the final product.. Can't compare.. at least just not yet. "Soon" hopefully.

I agree. Wait till it's out before the comparisons begin.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2006, 09:28:02 PM »

James, you have to remember, alot of us here have been in fucking manic mode for the past 48 hours. ?My wife was wondering why I didn't eat anything all day and slept for 3 hours the last 2 nights. ?I'm too fucking happy to eat or sleep! ?You have to admit that the quality of this stuff has blown away all expectations. ?I'm not here to compare apples to oranges...but I can safely say CD's quality is at least on par with the UYI's if not "Better." ? Wink

beer ? Here's to March!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? ? ? ? beer
pinch me I'm fucking dreaming. ? ok ?

?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Elrothiel
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

Axl4Prez... I know exactly what you mean.

I spent the night before last completely awake, and slept for an hour the next morning, then woke up. Then LAST night, I thought I'd best get an early night, so I went to bed at 4:30 AM... hihi and I woke up quite early today, and I'm still awake!

I'M SO HAPPY!!! beer love love love And I KNOW its not a dream because otherwise I'd be meeting, talking with, and having hot and horny anal sex with Axl! drool love
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2006, 11:12:51 PM »

IMO I just can't say anything would ever top the old stuff.   That's just MY opinion...I am not trying to start a war just saying is all.   Either band VR or GNR's new music.   As good or great as Axl's new stuff is and much as I like it or love it...I can't and wil not compare it to the old or think that the old stuff can be topped. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2006, 11:21:03 PM »

IMO I just can't say anything would ever top the old stuff.? ?That's just MY opinion...I am not trying to start a war just saying is all.? ?Either band VR or GNR's new music.? ?As good or great as Axl's new stuff is and much as I like it or love it...I can't and wil not compare it to the old or think that the old stuff can be topped.?
I agree. I dont think the goal should be trying to top the old material. It cant be done. Thats like trying to say Robert Plant is trying to top his work with Zeppelin. Cant be done, and he knows it. He just enjoys releasing some damn good music and doesn't obsess over 'burying' Physical Grafitti.

You're right. When this album comes out, I'm not gonna compare it, or post in threads where people are comparing it. GNR and new GNR are two seperate entities.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2006, 11:52:26 PM »

Axl4Prez... I know exactly what you mean.

I spent the night before last completely awake, and slept for an hour the next morning, then woke up. Then LAST night, I thought I'd best get an early night, so I went to bed at 4:30 AM... hihi and I woke up quite early today, and I'm still awake!

I'M SO HAPPY!!! beer love love love And I KNOW its not a dream because otherwise I'd be meeting, talking with, and having hot and horny anal sex with Axl! drool love

With the exception of the hot and horny anal sex with Axl Rose, I hear ya!  By the way, what's your phone #?   hihi  I kid, I kid.  What a great 3 days.  I need some sleep.  Let's hope for an announcement on Monday.  Good night for now.  Like I said, announcement of single release, announcement of album release, and pre-order info. set!  Is that too much to ask for?Huh?  Good night.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:56 AM »

From what I have heard, the new  CD will not come  close to either. What a waste  of  time. 8 years for this garbage?
Aside from The Blues and Maddy, I have heard nothing special. And not even remotely close to the older material.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2006, 12:24:06 AM »

who have tried to bash him all these years.

I know this thread don't have much a point. I'm just wasted at my condo having a good time listening to these new tracks. I know some of you out there have to feel the same way though.... how funny is it going to be when Chinese Democracy tops the charts and all these moron critics/reporters look dumb as shit..... rofl rofl rofl

Axl has truly come back to own all these fuckers... hihi rofl hihi rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: