Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?  (Read 18284 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »

Glad you're having fun - now please stop posting.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2006, 12:35:22 AM »

who have tried to bash him all these years.

I know this thread don't have much a point. I'm just wasted at my condo having a good time listening to these new tracks. I know some of you out there have to feel the same way though.... how funny is it going to be when Chinese Democracy tops the charts and all these moron critics/reporters look dumb as shit..... rofl rofl rofl

Axl has truly come back to own all these fuckers... hihi rofl hihi rofl

For one week, until people actually hear the music and say, what is this shit?
Elrothiel
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2006, 12:38:25 AM »

With the exception of the hot and horny anal sex with Axl Rose, I hear ya! By the way, what's your phone #? hihi I kid, I kid. What a great 3 days. I need some sleep. Let's hope for an announcement on Monday. Good night for now. Like I said, announcement of single release, announcement of album release, and pre-order info. set! Is that too much to ask for?Huh? Good night. beer

hihi What's my phone number? You cheeky monkey! Anyway it wouldn't do you any good, I live in England! Lol! Yea, what a great 3 days it has been! Right now its 5 AM and I'm still up and listening to T.W.A.T. ... until my computer starts dying on me and freezing the music on one note every 3 seconds... damn all the dust particles lying dormant in my computer... crying
Anyway, sleep well dude! Happy Gn'R dreams! Try to remember them, then the old Gn'R Dreams thread can come back to life! Grin

Krispy Kreme: ARE YOU MAD/DEAF!!!? Shocked Shocked Shocked *keels over in a dead faint*
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2006, 12:43:51 AM »

But people aren't saying that.. it's been the most requested track here in detroit the last couple days. hihi
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2006, 12:46:23 AM »

IMO, the new songs would  end up as outtakes/unreleased demos on ebay during the UYI era. I mean, really, they are nothing special, or have standards  sunk that low? I am simply amazed that anyone could think they are any good at  all. Everyone has his/her opinion and taste, but really, ask yourself if these songs are likely to be remembered in 10 years time, or are any likely to be "defining" songs of GNR. The answer is a resounding "No." And I reserve  the right to keep Maddy and The Blues as exceptions, because they are good. But the rest? A waste of time, musically (but I stipulate the lyrics  are good, but lyrics alone do not make a song).
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:19 AM »

But people aren't saying that.. it's been the most requested track here in detroit the last couple days. hihi

Only because people are curious. Just wait. Even a highly anticipated movie opens strongly, and if it sucks it drops  like  a rock. So patience  is needed to make an accurate judgment.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2006, 01:08:33 AM »

I'm just wasted at my condo having a good time listening to these new tracks.
That sounds pretty damn good right about now for anyone who is stuck at work.

Now just imagine the listening parties we could all have if CD gets released!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Elrothiel
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2006, 01:08:44 AM »

*le sigh*

.... each to their own I guess.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2006, 01:12:03 AM »

Ohh man, when C.D is released it will be played in its entirety every night I have a party at my place. My place is pretty big too so I have about 20-30 people over every weekend ranging from ages 19-27....

Thats why I'll be buying 10 copys of C.D.. so I can give out some to people who show interest in the new gnr!!!
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2006, 01:14:12 AM »

Vocals sell songs though.  And as far as vocals, Axl knows a thing or two about how to do them. 

And I think the music is creative, it may not be the best as far as guitar skill go, but it is not the worst.

I don't think the albums should be compared.

I wouldn't compare AFD to Illusions, b/c they are musically different. 

You can't always write the same music for twenty years straight. 

If you compare GNR and Metallica from then and now, GNR is def. the better of the two now.  Can you imagine an origional gnr that put something as bad out as st. anger wat to metallica.

So I welcome the new band, but I honor what was. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 01:16:10 AM by jimb0 » Logged
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2006, 01:16:37 AM »

i'd like to go to one of your parties.  Kiss

to get the album for free  hihi rofl hihi rofl  hihi

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2006, 03:05:12 AM »

Ohh man, when C.D is released it will be played in its entirety every night I have a party at my place. My place is pretty big too so I have about 20-30 people over every weekend ranging from ages 19-27....

Thats why I'll be buying 10 copys of C.D.. so I can give out some to people who show interest in the new gnr!!!

i beleive this  confused
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2006, 03:07:03 AM »

I'm a very well paid mortgage broker my friend. So well paid in fact I alread bought 10 tickets to Ministry(my other favorite band who is touring this summer) for all my friends.

I have no problem shelling out $150.00 for 10 copys of C.D and spreading the wealth to others... I want Mr. Rose to keep making music and I will play my part helping him sell records. ok
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2006, 03:26:15 AM »

Let's keep all the "wohoo, axl roxx and so forth" posts in on thread.

Edited to say
And what do you know... I managed to merge this into a wrong thread... Look what you people made me do...  Sad  Wink
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:19:20 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2006, 04:05:28 AM »

I think axl is going to need to have a few anthoms in this cd  that appeal to the non hard rock listening public  for him to be successful in his comeback.   If Axl is depending on the rock community alone  for his success  than he is doomed.  the new songs are really good  but not even close to what is needed for him to survive this comeback(maybe madagascar could be one). I would say that around  85-90% of the rock listening public  hate axl with a passion.  i have been visiting non gnr rock message boards  and they all for the most part are saying that these new songs suck  because of how they feel about axl .  I think if axl wrote another "stairway to heaven"  they would still say it sucks.  i would like to know  exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll. Was it in the early 90's when kurt kobain announced how much he hated axl?? i think Curt has a lot to do with this shit.  People love slash but hate axl    i don't get it .   I guess  we will find out when Chinese Democracy is released , it is just too bad  that axl  has to begin his journey  at a negative instead  of zero.   

P.S   axl's songwriting is brilliant  but the guitars need alot of work in these new songs     

hopefully they will be  on the final cut.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2006, 04:19:01 AM »

I would say that around? 85-90% of the rock listening public? hate axl

I think if axl wrote another "stairway to heaven"? they would still say it sucks

exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll
?
Was Curt has a lot to do with this shit.? ?

People love slash but hate axl ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? .
Cmon dude! This is just the media conspiracy propaganda. Been there done that. It never existed. If you really believe this stuff, could you tell us who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was? confused
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:31:12 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

scawl18
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2006, 04:21:59 AM »

Never understood people that need to have what they want be 'successful'.  If you love the music....then what the hell do you care if other people like it or not?

Some of my favorite bands NO ONE likes.  But who cares...on a sunny day when i am driving down the road with my windows open BLASTING "BETTER" what do i give a shit if anyone else likes it or not?

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2006, 04:24:58 AM »

1) Axl never told anyone that he's going to release something perfect - this is just hype & media created bluff
2) yeah guitars aren't that good but remember we still haven't heard anything from studio (except for Boston 2002 promo which rocks IMO), including Oh My God which was in fact also a demo. so don't worry about guitars Wink

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2006, 04:27:33 AM »

I think axl is going to need to have a few anthoms in this cd  that appeal to the non hard rock listening public  for him to be successful in his comeback.   If Axl is depending on the rock community alone  for his success  than he is doomed.  the new songs are really good  but not even close to what is needed for him to survive this comeback(maybe madagascar could be one). I would say that around  85-90% of the rock listening public  hate axl with a passion.  i have been visiting non gnr rock message boards  and they all for the most part are saying that these new songs suck  because of how they feel about axl .  I think if axl wrote another "stairway to heaven"  they would still say it sucks.  i would like to know  exactly when it was that axl became to most hated artist in Rock in Roll. Was it in the early 90's when kurt kobain announced how much he hated axl?? i think Curt has a lot to do with this shit.  People love slash but hate axl    i don't get it .   I guess  we will find out when Chinese Democracy is released , it is just too bad  that axl  has to begin his journey  at a negative instead  of zero.   

P.S   axl's songwriting is brilliant  but the guitars need alot of work in these new songs     

hopefully they will be  on the final cut.

do you work for MTV  Roll Eyes

go knock door to door over the world n' ask if they like or hate Axl, dont judge on fuckin' msg boards, besides, who gives a shit!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2006, 04:30:16 AM »

If you really believe this stuff, could you tell us who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was? confused

Dick Cheney

Axl just needs to put out a quality product and a market will develop. The band lost fans when UYI 1&2 came out but they also tapped into a new fan base. The same will happen here.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »