Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Why did Bucket get kicked?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Bucket get kicked?  (Read 6464 times)
Siliconmessiah
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »

A couple of months ago, there was a forum discussion.
I don?t remember if it was on this forum, or "the other one".

Did Buckethead get kicked out from GnR because he refrained from kick his image out of the picture, talking with hand-dolls and so on?

Can anyone clarify exactly what happened? I have been away from the GnR-scene for a while.

Thanks for any clarifying.

/
sil
Jonathan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »

He quit the band, why?

All I can say is, a lot of issues in the band.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 12:34:22 PM »

He quit the band, why?

Well, I can only think of watching the Rio 2001 with my friends for the first time.
I defended Buckethead. He was ONE HELL of a guitarplayer. Prolly one of the worlds most talented out there.
But something lacked. He wasn?t cool, he wasn?t too much rock n roll, just weird.

And then I saw this interview on MTV, and he was talking to Kurt Loder with a doll.
Then I just sighed, and hoped that he would kick that image.

Later, someone, somewhere planted the rumor that he wouldn?t change "for the sake of guns n roses".

But as I said. I just was curious to know.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »

I think it was because of stability issues.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

or that he was too much into his solo stuff rather than gnr, but noone knows. hopefully axl will tell us some more details

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
shaun
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 12:44:50 PM »

Re: "Why did Bucket get kicked?"

He didn't get kicked, Buckethead left GnR out of choice, and was not given the boot Smiley

The two main possible reasons:

_He thought being in GnR was causing him over exposure. Exposure is good, but not over Exposure.

_During the failed GnR tour Axl was the reason behind one of the gig's not happening. All i can imagine is, the rest of the band were ready to hit the stage. It must be a horrible feeling to be all psyched up and in the mood to kick ass when the lead singer calls in and calls it all off. I think the excuse given was a jet failure. Others think Axl simply wasn't up for it. Bucket probably thought to himself, fuck this, this shit is new to me, how many more times is it going to happen?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »

Yeah... I don't think so much it was about his "image" or "routine", in fact, it was probably to his and Axl's advantage that his schtick was so different from Slash's. More about his unpredictability (e.g. one second he was definitely in GN'R and psyched about the album, etc. and the next he was definitely out of the band and wanted to go hang out with Les Claypool or whatever..). Plus, didn't he and Robin not really get along!?

I'd love to have Buckethead back... but I think Axl is enough of an "X factor" for any band. Plus, the band seems pretty unified in thinking that his departure was a good thing (Axl's fax re: RIR '04, various interviews with Tommy and Dizzy).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
godiva
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »

I think there were more issues. Remember that Tommy said some negative things about Bucket after he quitt. I guess they had their quarrels. There was probably more going on behind the scenes.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 01:25:55 PM »

I heard he has some major issues with Robin Finck...true?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 01:37:31 PM »

I heard that too...
It seems he also had issues with Tommy and Axl. Anyway, he was ridiculous onstage.
(Tommy) "The Buckethead aspect was a nightmare" + " he left and it's the best thing that could ever happen!"

Most of the fans din't like him. The non GN'R fans though he was a joke. The band was mocked because of him.

No Buckethead = a better band.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »

I heard that too...
It seems he also had issues with Tommy and Axl. Anyway, he was ridiculous onstage.
(Tommy) "The Buckethead aspect was a nightmare" + " he left and it's the best thing that could ever happen!"

Most of the fans din't like him. The non GN'R fans though he was a joke. The band was mocked because of him.

BH have worked with more people than all GNR members combined and nobody have ever said anything bad from him.... if he is a pain in the ass for work, why make more discs with other people than most of the artist nowadays....

No Nesquick= a better board

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
shaun
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »

I heard that too...

Take Buckethead for what he is, a very good guitar player that has released a number of albums, some of which are very good. If it were not for him joining GnR i may never have picked up his albums and see him play live (with GnR).

People who point and laugh at Buckethead for his image, remember this, it was Axl that went from *rapper trucker leather clad type*  to walking on stage wearing swimming shorts of sorts, and people were like, i'm cool with that  Grin
Jonathan
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »

I heard that too...

Why do you even bother looking in this thread? We already know what you think.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 01:52:18 PM »

I heard that too...

BH have worked with more people than all GNR members combined and nobody have ever said anything bad from him.... if he is a pain in the ass for work, why make more discs with other people than most of the artist nowadays....

Well I agree that Buckethead is an Amazing guitarist he was definitely weird - and not in a good way. Whenever I tried to introduce anyone to the new GN'R as soon as they saw a picture of him they were no longer interested and thought that the band had become a sad joke.
It's sad but unfortunately image counts for something in the music business. How else could Britney, NSync, BB... sell so many albums with little or no musical talent?

?Video killed the radio star?

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »

Groundless. I 'd say it's gossipsmonger's petty imagination.

BH's side said he quited because of  the inactivity of the band, ie no album release.

About Tommy's/Axl's comments, I think there's nothing surprising about people being bitter about someone who just dumped them.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »

Re: "Why did Bucket get kicked?"

He didn't get kicked, Buckethead left GnR out of choice, and was not given the boot Smiley

The two main possible reasons:

_He thought being in GnR was causing him over exposure. Exposure is good, but not over Exposure.

_During the failed GnR tour Axl was the reason behind one of the gig's not happening. All i can imagine is, the rest of the band were ready to hit the stage. It must be a horrible feeling to be all psyched up and in the mood to kick ass when the lead singer calls in and calls it all off. I think the excuse given was a jet failure. Others think Axl simply wasn't up for it. Bucket probably thought to himself, fuck this, this shit is new to me, how many more times is it going to happen?

I think the bandmembers were aware of the game that Axl and Clear Channel were playing at the time. There apparently was a HUGE disagreement between the parties and CC decided to ruin Axl's reputation and touring viability by not canceling the show.  I'm sure the band showed up just in case Axl did.

Bucket is a gentle human being, but he has privacy issues. I think when Chris Rock walks into your dressing and demands you take off the mask for his entertainment, it is time to reconsider your involvement.  I don't think Bucket wants to turn into a Wes Borland/Slipknot side show; he is a performance artist with a very creative talent. I will always enjoy seeing Bucket in Gnr but I will not miss the reaction of die hard rock fans to his on-the-fringe mix of reality, pop culture, imagination, and Michael Myers.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »

hihi hihi

Buckethead is the new guy who much impressed my friends when they saw VMA02 ("cool, Jason in GNR!"), and they like a lot the solos on the demo (Buckethead is the only new member they remember since 2002).
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:43:57 PM »

due to mental issues... In fact, I think his mask told him to get out of the band, or maybe some chicken told him Axl used to eat fried chicken and like colonel Sanders original recipe.
 hihi
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 05:48:34 PM by jk75 » Logged

//JK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: