Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Reviewing Rules
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Reviewing Rules  (Read 17397 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »

This album could be cows farting for an hour and id STILL say it was the best cd id ever heard.

cows farting are very intruiging

Oddly enough cows farting is a bigger source of air pollution than you may think. Seriously.

lol, your a cow investigator?  Shocked

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Bono
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2006, 06:33:28 PM »

Also I'd like to add this: If people are allowed to prasie the shit out of songs with BS like "Oh my God this is the greatest song of all time" and "Axl is the king becasue this album is the best album in history" than people should be allowed to say that the songs completely suck ass if that's how they feel. If I think a song fucking rules and rocks harder than most anything I've heard in a long time(Better) I should be allowed to say it but if I thik somthing sucks the big one and it's total trash(Oh My God) than I should be allowed to. It's called having an opinion. Not everyone hates or likes things "Just because" or just for the sake of it. peace
Bono
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

If Paul decided to call himself and 3 random musicians 'The Beatles', guess what,...... do I really need to continue on with this.

Thankyou for pointing out what 99% of the GNR community tends to forget when discussing the Guns situation.

People on this board think there is some conspiracy toward Axl that the media hates him. That is simply not the case, he just has continually gotten killed in the press the past few years because of the name issue.

Him calling his band GNR is no different than PM touring as the Beattles with a back-up band. McCartney doesn't face that fire storm because he doesn't call his solo stuff Beattles stuff. Axl wouldn't face a quarter of the scrutiny he does if he wasn't passing this off as GNR stuff.

I don't care he kept the name, but at least people should realize him doing so promotes/encourages the negativity that follows him.

So true. Imagine Bono going off with 3 new musicians and calling it U2.  Even Bono, who is worshiped by his fans, would ripped  to shreads for that. Like others have mentioned; there is no conspiracey against Axl. He's done it to himself with the way he treats fans, the way he conducts himself, with how long this whole thing has taken and also the issue with the Gn'R name. I'm sure he knows that so why alot of the  fans can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »

This album could be cows farting for an hour and id STILL say it was the best cd id ever heard.

cows farting are very intruiging

Oddly enough cows farting is a bigger source of air pollution than you may think. Seriously.

lol, your a cow investigator?? Shocked

What the fuck is up with your avatar?  It makes me laugh everytime I see it! rofl

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2006, 06:56:59 PM »

If Paul decided to call himself and 3 random musicians 'The Beatles', guess what,...... do I really need to continue on with this.

Thankyou for pointing out what 99% of the GNR community tends to forget when discussing the Guns situation.

People on this board think there is some conspiracy toward Axl that the media hates him. That is simply not the case, he just has continually gotten killed in the press the past few years because of the name issue.

Him calling his band GNR is no different than PM touring as the Beattles with a back-up band. McCartney doesn't face that fire storm because he doesn't call his solo stuff Beattles stuff. Axl wouldn't face a quarter of the scrutiny he does if he wasn't passing this off as GNR stuff.

I don't care he kept the name, but at least people should realize him doing so promotes/encourages the negativity that follows him.

So true. Imagine Bono going off with 3 new musicians and calling it U2.? Even Bono, who is worshiped by his fans, would ripped? to shreads for that. Like others have mentioned; there is no conspiracey against Axl. He's done it to himself with the way he treats fans, the way he conducts himself, with how long this whole thing has taken and also the issue with the Gn'R name. I'm sure he knows that so why alot of the? fans can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.

Axl can pull off GNR with him being the lone original meber. His voice is very noteworthy for being Axl. You would never get anyone else confused with him. IMO Axl is the sound behind GNR. McCartney was not the sound of the Beatles. U2 have been around for so long it would not feel right if he got 3 new members, but over time it might be possible to accept. My 2 cents  peace

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

I think whether a band survives after a semi-break up is whether the most important person leaves or not. The doors had a rough time of it because Jim Morrisson was obviously the most important person.  But with AC/DC and Van Halen, the most important people in my opinion were the guitarists. And they stayed, and the remeained successful. Axl was the most important member of gnr, there fore...

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »

You are really that closed minded? Damn. Mental note made to skip over your posts in the upcoming "Post your CD review" thread.

mental note made to not give a shit

poop
estranged.1098
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »

Axl wants the media exposure and brand recognition the Guns name brings with it, so he also has to deal with the comparissons/expectations associated with releasing an album under that brand name.

Do you really think media exposure is what Axl is after? You and I must be living in different worlds.

Axl is using the name Guns N' Roses because he wants to build this band to be Guns N' Roses. Whatever that name means to him.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2006, 01:59:31 AM »

Do you really think media exposure is what Axl is after? You and I must be living in different worlds.

Well, the "Axl Rose Band" doesn't headline Rock in Rio, it doesn't sell out MSG in 15 minutes, it doesn't close the VMA's and it certainly wouldn't open up at #1 on the album charts the way GNR will, so you tell me how he doesn't want the media and general public brand recognition associated with the GNR name.

He absolutely wants to make this band his own band, but he is using the GNR name because it sure gives him a better starting point from an exposure standpoint than calling it anything else.

That's my point, he wants the name because of the tremendous recognition it brings, but in the same sentence he will tell you it's not the same band and don't expect to hear GNR sounding stuff from GNR. You can't always have it both ways.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2006, 03:28:05 AM »

So true. Imagine Bono going off with 3 new musicians and calling it U2.? Even Bono, who is worshiped by his fans, would ripped? to shreads for that. Like others have mentioned; there is no conspiracey against Axl. He's done it to himself with the way he treats fans, the way he conducts himself, with how long this whole thing has taken and also the issue with the Gn'R name. I'm sure he knows that so why alot of the? fans can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.

Axl can pull off GNR with him being the lone original meber. His voice is very noteworthy for being Axl. You would never get anyone else confused with him. IMO Axl is the sound behind GNR. McCartney was not the sound of the Beatles. U2 have been around for so long it would not feel right if he got 3 new members, but over time it might be possible to accept. My 2 cents? peace

Axl has a unique voice, so does Bono. But 1 second is enough to realize that Slash's playin' the guitar. His playing is as much unique as Axl's voice, so calling a band Guns N' Roses without him is like calling it Guns N' Roses without Axl.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
estranged.1098
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2006, 05:40:20 PM »

Well, the "Axl Rose Band" doesn't headline Rock in Rio, it doesn't sell out MSG in 15 minutes, it doesn't close the VMA's and it certainly wouldn't open up at #1 on the album charts the way GNR will, so you tell me how he doesn't want the media and general public brand recognition associated with the GNR name.

That's all your speculation of course, but there's no "Axl Rose Band". Axl built this band from ground up to be Guns N' Roses - he thinks he succeeded (''This wasn't Guns N' Roses, but I feel it is Guns N' Roses now.'') and a lot of people here are happy to agree with him.

As far as Steven Adler is concerned Guns N' Roses was a band he was part of - does that mean 1991 Guns wasn't Guns? And what about Izzy? The fact is, there was Guns N' Roses before Slash and there IS Guns N' Roses after Slash, no matter how great the guy was.

Back on topic, when it comes to reviewing you're expected to compare with the old material but you're also expected to realize this is a new band and new material. "This is not a good album because it's not the old band" is not a worthy review, but "I don't like this album because the music is weak" might be one, as long as it's honest.

I'll add this quote from Liam Gallagher, which is how I think the band as well as the fans should take the forthcoming reviews:

"Do you think I give a toss about what some failed musician says about my record? Some spotty little idiot writing for some stupid magazine didn?t like my record because he didn?t like my attitude? I don?t give a fuck."

http://live4ever.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=Band&action=display&thread=1140958300

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2006, 09:23:35 AM »

So when did they stop being Guns N' Roses?
After Steven Adler was gone?
After Izzy Stradlin was gone?
After Slash was gone?
After Duff was gone?
Huh

Indeed. I look at the UYI/TSI lineup as a totally different band than the one that recorded AFD - And it was. The vibe and dynamic was very different and not as cohesive. I hate how just because Slash and Duff were still around, no one cares that two members of the band had been replaced.

For that very reason, I think that the "Chinese Democracy" version of the band deserves the GNR name just as much as the band that recorded UYI and TSI. But this time, for the better - As I think that the CD project is already a far more interesting and musically dynamic thing than the UYI's were.

For the recording of the Illusion albums, the only original member that had left at that point was Steven.....Izzy was still in the band....and they brought on Dizzy
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2006, 09:29:14 AM »

That's all your speculation of course, but there's no "Axl Rose Band". Axl built this band from ground up to be Guns N' Roses - he thinks he succeeded (''This wasn't Guns N' Roses, but I feel it is Guns N' Roses now.'') and a lot of people here are happy to agree with him.

As far as Steven Adler is concerned Guns N' Roses was a band he was part of - does that mean 1991 Guns wasn't Guns? And what about Izzy? The fact is, there was Guns N' Roses before Slash and there IS Guns N' Roses after Slash, no matter how great the guy was.

Back on topic, when it comes to reviewing you're expected to compare with the old material but you're also expected to realize this is a new band and new material. "This is not a good album because it's not the old band" is not a worthy review, but "I don't like this album because the music is weak" might be one, as long as it's honest.

I'll add this quote from Liam Gallagher, which is how I think the band as well as the fans should take the forthcoming reviews:

"Do you think I give a toss about what some failed musician says about my record? Some spotty little idiot writing for some stupid magazine didn?t like my record because he didn?t like my attitude? I don?t give a fuck."

http://live4ever.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=Band&action=display&thread=1140958300

GnR may have been around before Izzy and Slash was on the scene, just nobody outside of LosA ngeles had ever heard of them.  With him and Izzy in the band, they became the biggest band on the fucking planet.

So technically yeah that's true.  Reality wise, doesn't hold up.
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2006, 10:44:09 AM »

lol funny. freedom of speech. sorry. ill say what i want about what i want. ban me if u dont like it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: