Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message to the nay sayers:
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message to the nay sayers:  (Read 3783 times)
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 06, 2006, 12:20:31 PM »

It seems like everday, some VR or Old GNR groupie comes in here and bring up the same arguement only disguising it as something else. That arguement being basically, "He did the same only better with the original line-up,"? well if thats how you feel go to the yesterdays board cause most fans of GNR today are tired of it. I think these demos have proved to everyone who the person behind GNR really was. This is not a stab at the original line up, but lets be honest. You bashers say this is a Axl solo album right? Well how does it compare to Duff's, Slah, and Izzy's albums? How does it compare to the album Matt. Slash, and Duff put out collectively?

I have news for most of you people stuck in 1992; most people thought the UYI's weren't that great, myself included. Not that my opinion or anybody else's should matter when deciding what you like. But I find it funny how a lot of the bashers post things like, "The demos haven't recieved that much praise" and yet you guys say "fuck off" when those same people tell you UYI's sucked or weren't that good. It works both ways. Most people other than the handful who are still listening to VR, thought Contraband sucked too. Does it matter? No. If you like it so much go post your love on the VR board. They had a new album coming out, got talk about that.

In closing, I honestly don't now why you waste your time on this board. If you're a fan of the old GNR, go to the VR section. I heard they have a couple a guys who used to play badass rock. But I know you guys won't. Why? Because as much as you hate to admit it, you people know GNR is a much, much better band than VR. And you guys would kill to replace Scott with Axl. Meanwhile, GNR fans of today are happy with the line up they have for the most part, and have no reason to look back, and that kills you.? peace
lastroots
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 12:23:17 PM »

ok

/lastroots
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:25:19 PM »

These threads get better every time we see them!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »

ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »

Lets see where Slash.Duff and Matt are in a year or so after Weiland relapses on heroine and overdoses and drops dead..Once a junkie, always a junkie, just ask that idiot Steven Adler.....They will be banging on Axl's door....
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »

Lets see where Slash.Duff and Matt are in a year or so after Weiland relapses on heroine and overdoses and drops dead..Once a junkie, always a junkie, just ask that idiot Steven Adler.....They will be banging on Axl's door....

so are slash and duff still junkies?
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »

confused

drool
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »

And you guys would kill to replace Scott with Axl.

no, id replace him with sebastian bach.

html sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:53:58 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more there but I can see this thread being moved to the deadhorse in a minute.

it's 21st century Cheesy
Axl, Brain Chris Dizzy, Robin, Richard Tommy (+bh ? ) = Guns N' Roses !!!!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

Blah blah blah GNR blah blah blah blah Velvet Revolver. ?If blah blah blah Axl then blah blah blah Weiland. ?Blah blah blah blah blah on CD compared to the blah blah blah on Contraband.

Who the fuck cares? ?It's music, not something we should be argueing about and forming street gangs over. ?Some like GNR more, some VR, some hate both and some like both.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

It seems like everday, some VR or Old GNR groupie comes in here and bring up the same arguement only disguising it as something else. That arguement being basically, "He did the same only better with the original line-up,"  well if thats how you feel go to the yesterdays board cause most fans of GNR today are tired of it. I think these demos have proved to everyone who the person behind GNR really was. This is not a stab at the original line up, but lets be honest. You bashers say this is a Axl solo album right? Well how does it compare to Duff's, Slah, and Izzy's albums? How does it compare to the album Matt. Slash, and Duff put out collectively?

I have news for most of you people stuck in 1992; most people thought the UYI's weren't that great, myself included. Not that my opinion or anybody else's should matter when deciding what you like. But I find it funny how a lot of the bashers post things like, "The demos haven't recieved that much praise" and yet you guys say "fuck off" when those same people tell you UYI's sucked or weren't that good. It works both ways. Most people other than the handful who are still listening to VR, thought Contraband sucked too. Does it matter? No. If you like it so much go post your love on the VR board. They had a new album coming out, got talk about that.

In closing, I honestly don't now why you waste your time on this board. If you're a fan of the old GNR, go to the VR section. I heard they have a couple a guys who used to play badass rock. But I know you guys won't. Why? Because as much as you hate to admit it, you people know GNR is a much, much better band than VR. And you guys would kill to replace Scott with Axl. Meanwhile, GNR fans of today are happy with the line up they have for the most part, and have no reason to look back, and that kills you.  peace

wow, I have NEVER read a post like this before.  Thank you for bringing your wisdom and insight.  I now see things in a different light because of this. 
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »

Smart asss Kiss
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »

Uhhhh.....dumbass!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:42 PM »

How old are you?  This has to be one of the most close-minded post that I have ever read. Roll Eyes     

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »

I agree that people who really don't like the new line-up should stick to talking about old stuff instead of whining constantly, but I also think that we've had enough of those "who was the real driving force in GN'R?" type threads. So this one gets a lock.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: