Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 62508 times)
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2005, 09:28:13 AM »

btw here's the photo of CD single Oh My God

Oh My God Single

End Of Days

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2005, 10:14:53 AM »

btw here's the photo of CD single Oh My God

Oh My God Single

That's the promotional CD. Oh my god was never released as a single.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2005, 02:25:49 PM »

oh my god is definitely one of my favourite gnr tracks. i`d love to hear the scrapped songs of that period one day. maybe axl wants to release them in a few years on b-sides ...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2005, 02:53:50 PM »

"Oh My God" was going to be on Chinese Democracy in 1999, but after hearing the album was redone from scratch several times, it's safe to say the song is no longer on there.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2005, 03:14:41 PM »

I really like oh my god. It has this "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" sounding riff. Awesome.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2005, 03:24:55 PM »

i liked the song, since the first day i heard it (the famous mp3).

about the production...i'm afraid it's not the best thing about it, sorry mister sean beavan.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Evolution
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2005, 03:53:49 PM »

I love the tune but i agree about the production, it sounds a bit like a 3rd rate recording on a cassette or something  Tongue
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 04:36:02 PM »

Oh My God is cool. But it isn't IRS cool.

...but that is just stating the obvious right?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 06:03:54 PM »

Oh My God is cool. But it isn't IRS cool.

...but that is just stating the obvious right?

don't tell me, Oh my god is the second best song of the last 15 years right?  Tongue

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »

Hahaaaa  hihi

But naw dude. Anyway, the challenge remains, as no one has mentioned a rock song in the last 15 that is of the tripped out hard rocker caliber of IRS. Its king dude. Top of the food chain. Deal, or get out of its way.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2005, 07:35:07 PM »

Hahaaaa? hihi

But naw dude. Anyway, the challenge remains, as no one has mentioned a rock song in the last 15 that is of the tripped out hard rocker caliber of IRS. Its king dude. Top of the food chain. Deal, or get out of its way.

oh but I did offer you but one

and I could offer several more you see?

your opinion thats fine, Im happy you dig on IRS to that extreme
if you would like me to offer more examples, I will (i'll even throw Dave a bone and offer some post 2000 songs)
But I suspect it wont change your mind
As this is a subjective matter

what Id love to hear, is a detailed explanation from someone, as to why IRS is so great and furthermore , innovative

I like the song and think it shows potential for sure, but Im unsure as to why some are claiming it's the second coming

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2005, 07:50:26 PM »

I like the song and think it shows potential for sure, but Im unsure as to why some are claiming it's the second coming

IRS is definately a nice little tune.  Good potential, makes me want to hear more for sure. 

That said, it will not make anything that is cool uncool, it won't change the landscape of radio or change the face of music.

Not a chance in hell.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2005, 08:05:46 PM »

If CD doesnt change the face of music or isnt deemed ahead of its time, will it you guys consider it a failure?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2005, 08:14:21 PM »

If CD doesnt change the face of music or isnt deemed ahead of its time, will it you guys consider it a failure?

Ill consider it a failure if it is never released.

I dont see the album, no matter how much hype its generated, ever changing the face of music, if its "ahead of it's time" however Ill stick to what Ive said all along: Axl is a true artist and the time he has taken to perfect this tumultuous project has defied all expectations.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2005, 08:29:41 PM »

For some it will, for me personally, of course not.  It'll sell great and more than likely have a few damn good songs on it. 

Does anyone really expect it to change the face of music or be deemed ahead of it's time?

History shows us that's done by young bands, not by a guy in his mid 40's with a tendency of wearing his influences on his musical sleeve. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2005, 08:35:26 PM »

not at all.
all im hoping for is that it is quality

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »

Ain't this the best industrial\ nu-metal song you've ever heard?
 IMO, rock sucked big time after the grunge era and there has not been many good bands since.

I like brides of destruction and VR and that type of rock, but axl kinda proved with oh my god that the new shit has it's potential too...
don't you agree?

Of all the new type of rock... oh my god is the best ok

Defintley have to agree the song grew me after a while its lyrically brillant!!
To me Oh My God was not very pleasing when it came out. Now I think it was ahead of its time when it came out, because I love the song at the moment. It's full of those so called "interesting noices".
I really like the song nowadays and I 2 think it shows a lot of potential for the GN'R's future songs.

Have a good weekend!

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(

EEEERRRR Little boy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2005, 07:09:33 PM »

oh but I did offer you but one

and I could offer several more you see?

IRS is definately a nice little tune.? Good potential, makes me want to hear more for sure.?

That said, it will not make anything that is cool uncool, it won't change the landscape of radio or change the face of music.

Not a chance in hell.

Wait, you were serious about that list Jimmy? I thought that was your attempt at sarcasm, or something to be funny like a clown, trying to amuse us or something. That's a trip.

The song is badass because it is doing something completely different then the paint by numbers that have been given to us for the last well...15 years. Yea its a generalization, but as a music fan, I have grown tired of the same old shit.

Look, I am a big NIN fan. I dig the new album WT. Its a more together Reznor with something to say instead of listening to the inner thoughts of a raving maniac. I dig that shit too, and in that the new album is refreshing for a NIN album. But its not doing anything particularly better then what he has done musically in the past. In fact, I just picked up the dual disc for Downward Spiral, and the 5.1 is far deeper and enveloping then the one done for WT.

IRS is an Axl, and GN'R I thought was long fucking gone. It has a raw purpose with real intent to do something that goes beyond what the newbies of rock seem to be capable of. Its a rocker, and its hook and chorus is undeniably deep yet catchy. Its got something to say, yet isn't afraid to fuck with you. When you think its coming down, Axl steps back in to kick your face in. The solos are more inspired then any I have heard in...way too fucking long. First is some tripped out trancendant shit, which Axl takes and counters with his balls to wall raging Axl voice I have so missed. Then later the solos turn more into something familiar, but so right the fuck into the pockets.

It is the epitamy of guns n' roses. They can get you good and calm, before beating the shit out of you. Its something special, and to turns a blinds I to that...well, I feel sorry for you.

Will it change the way things are? Who the fuck knows. But if it doesn't, then the shit is hopeless. If MTV takes off some of the gay shit, to play this shit, GN'R has already made the world a little cooler. Same goes for radio. This shit is so fucking real.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2005, 07:30:17 PM »

your attempt at sarcasm, or something to be funny like a clown, trying to amuse us or something.

Funny how? Im here to fuckin amuse you? Funny how? Like a clown?? hihi (see Scorsese's Goodfellas)

But seriously, I think you knew my list was serious - it took me all of 30 seconds to compile some albums  including songs, when compared to a shitty quality version of a demo, that are stronger than IRS.

Dont get me wrong, I like what I hear, and a studio version could kick some ass. But based on what we've got, Im sure most agree that it is a ludicrous claim that its the best rock song in 15 years.

btw, I like your description of the song? beer

just for the hell of it, even as we both know that taste is totally subjective (er.. you do know that aye?), im gonna throw in a couple more examples for you.

Three days - Janes Addiction
Jesus of Surburbia - Green Day
Like Suicide - Soundgarden
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
Coma - GNR

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:32:35 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2005, 11:00:27 PM »

You might as well throw Goldigger onto that list. Its deep shit. Its about goldiggers who won't mess with broke niggas.

Anyway, I knew you'd get the goodfellas reference and yea, I know tastes are subjective. I have good taste, and most people don't.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: