Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 122418 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1060 on: March 09, 2006, 11:53:12 AM »

Jarmo is not about that, Is this a lets take a shot at GNR members section? Not either..it just pissed me off this guy taking a shot at GNR, see how if feels when I take a shot at his stupid band. Now why wasnt his comment deleted and mine was for taking a stand for THE BAND that this board is about?

Because his post was on topic and your wasn't.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #1061 on: March 09, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »

Ill just PM him then... Wink

Live N' Let Die
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1062 on: March 09, 2006, 01:43:16 PM »

If anyone is mental...its fucking us. All of us. Everyone on this board is fucking crazy. I'm not even talking about the perception the outsiders have of GNR fans.

That's so.  And IMO Axl is sane. ok

but I'm pretty sure he addressed the mental issue in his interview in Rolling Stone back in 1992. Although I have not seen him make recent comments on his mental status. He did make some remark about his state of mind during the 2002 tour, but it was more than likely a joke.

Yep, you can tell that from his tone of voice and face.
But in prints

what happened when Axl said "I love the guy, I always wanted ppl to know how great he was "or something? We saw numbers of small "news" sites go and state "Axl doesn't rule out...."

Manic-depressive or not (Psychiatry is a hazy field), he just remarked that he was doubtful of the accuracy of the diagnostic check in that article and that's it.

I think what he is doing now is unnecessary. He should have brought this up during the trial, instead of killing the positive buzz that surrounded him.

How come S n D started the first suit against Axl when they were releasing contraband?
Incidentally it was march and the release was June in 2004.  Huh

There's other ways to rid yourself of old ghosts than issuing a horrible press release that should have only included the mention of the countersuit and not the negative remarks towards Slash.

What about the negative remarks towards Axl in S n D's press releases for the two complaints against Axl?
And the same board people bashed Axl then bashes him now. Why's that?

Who edited it? nervous BW didn't. They dont edit press releases. They would be sued consistently, and also be out of jobs.

"all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq." ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1063 on: March 09, 2006, 02:40:23 PM »

I still wonder why we havent heard anything from Slash.

I think if the part about him going to Axl's was real, he wouldve made some type of statement.

I think someone edited that part into the statement to be honest. cause if that were part of the real press release, media outlets everywhere would use that as the lead in to the story cause that is big fuckin news if slash went to his house, but a few of the releases didnt even mention that part.

U know in this tabloid driven society we live in, EVERYONE wouldve had that part in the release had it been true.

So that still makes me wonder.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: March 09, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »

why not ask Mr Weitzman?

"all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq."

Slash can't comment on that if  Axl has a strong piece of evidence or two, which he most likely does, as a few ppl and myself has repeated in this thread.
shaun
« Reply #1065 on: March 09, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

hihi

Is there any news of a responce from the VR camp?
...if not, then maybe VR think by ignoring it then it will make Axl look like the maker of rumours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:52:23 PM by D0badog » Logged
SADIS
« Reply #1066 on: March 09, 2006, 04:00:47 PM »

I think someone edited that part into the statement to be honest. cause if that were part of the real press release, media outlets everywhere would use that as the lead in to the story cause that is big fuckin news if slash went to his house, but a few of the releases didnt even mention that part.

U know in this tabloid driven society we live in, EVERYONE wouldve had that part in the release had it been true.

So that still makes me wonder.

I kinda understand your point of view. But what I've noticed is that outside the GnR fanbase people don't really care that GnR isn't in its original form anymore. I still meet people who don't even know Slash isn't in the band anymore. Cause they never really have broken up. The mainstream audience really doesn;t have clue regarding GnR.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1067 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »

How come S n D started the first suit against Axl when they were releasing contraband?
Incidentally it was march and the release was June in 2004.

I agree with this. I always thought they used the lawsuit to garner publicity for their efforts. Perhaps Axl took a page from VR.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1068 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:41 PM »

I agree with this. I always thought they used the lawsuit to garner publicity for their efforts. Perhaps Axl took a page from VR.

Good point KillingVector.   yes  You may be onto something here. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bono
« Reply #1069 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »

sO what..? I cant say that U2 sucks when this dumbass is saying fuck off Axl & Slash?

Cry me a river goof. I've been a Guns N' Roses fan for long enough that I can form my own opinion. Did I bash the music? ?No. I bashed their bullshit running "he said this , and he said this" childish commentary which continually makes both sides look like hypocrits and liers. Their stories are so fucked and they're constantly contradicting themselves. ?And go ahead and bash U2. What are you gonna bash? The music? Ha! good one. The conduct of the band? Good luck with that one. ?How about this, you stop taking this personal when it has nothing to do with you, your taste in music or the talent of the band. It does have everything to do with what a bunch of hypocritical back stabbing monkeys the guys involved with Gn'R and VR have become. I think it's a fuckin joke and they can get fucked. Like I said put out the fucking music and stop fucking crying about their million dollar problems. Oh and saying "U2 sucks" as a comeback shows what a flake you are because if you took the time to read you notice that not once did I say Guns N' Roses as musicians or as band suck. In fact their my second favorite band. So like Jarmo said... get a clue.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 06:11:03 PM by Bono » Logged
Eric
« Reply #1070 on: March 09, 2006, 06:11:19 PM »

I'm sure Slash's lawyer is telling him to keep quiet right now-Axl's press release was written by his legal team with quotes included by him. This is a lawsuit with a lot of money at steak.
Slash Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1071 on: March 09, 2006, 06:39:46 PM »

When Axl said Slash came to his house on an october morning and said Duff was spineless,And He hated Scott and Matt, do you believe him?

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: March 09, 2006, 06:40:35 PM »

i believe in using threads that already discuss that matter

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #1073 on: March 09, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »

are you serious? they filed a lawsuit against axl for publicity for their album? no offense but that is really stupid...
Do you have any clue how much press VR did prior to their album release? 99.9999% of the publicity they got was because of those efforts, not some stupid court case that only appeared on celebrity justice.

if they were going to do all that just to help promote their album, why would they sue universal to stop the release of GNR's greatest hits album, which- coincidentally- came out on March 23, 2004. Wouldn't they want it to come out to help their publicity??

Jesus, the theories people come up with sometimes...

now you know me better
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #1074 on: March 09, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »

Edit by jarmo:

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

what a load of rubbish  hihi he bashes Axl in the press for over ten years, mocking and insulting him, files lawsuits against him, and now wants truce? this article is fulla shit.  Roll Eyes

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1075 on: March 09, 2006, 07:28:28 PM »

And you never gave any basis for this...

What made you think it was for publicity?  The fact that they issued a press release?  That they talked about it in the press?  That they werent getting any other press?

Explain it for us.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:41:36 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1076 on: March 09, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »

the pudding is their accusing axl of being a willful theif.? you can find sixteen pages of such pudding in one of their lawsuits.

and it's likely that is just the tip of the pudding... um... er... iceberg

i believe axl's comments at RIR about his former friends should've given the fans a clue regarding goings on behind the scenes... "Regardless of what you have heard or read, people worked very hard, meaning my former friends, to do everything they could so that I could not be here today."? And anyone who didn't get it then or from the gnronline statement - "Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does. Duff's support for the man though understandable in one sense in regard to his circumstances, is inexcusable, and furthers my distance from the two of them. " - should have gotten in when Axl made the following comment at the Pepsi Arena in Albany during the 2002 tour "I mean Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fuckin Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because he's got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'!"

Regarding the press release in which Axl's attorney points out that "Hudson and McKagan have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history." and procaims that "Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates" it is clear that Axl is fighting to be freed of their lies. 

It's not as you're thinking
Or as you've imagined
To live in the shade
Of beliefs that were fashioned
To leave you in slavery
And drain out your soul
But what can i do when
There's so many liars
That crawl through your veins
Like millions of spiders

... *ahem*

you all know the rest Wink

"Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

so the fight continues....

Give 'em hell Axl!

I don't agree, Slash is a big gameplayer, he talks about how he admires Axl and wants to listen to Axl's album .why? because he wants to be portrayed as the good guy, people will think...oh that's so nice of Slash to say something like that...but they forget he is fucking suing Axl ?? wtf ?

I know!? isn't it unbelievable.? Axl pointed this out in his comments at Pepsi Arena as well:

"Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it, and the next person will say "Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. "

why do some fans still have this illusion that slash and duff want to be 'friends' with axl and that axl just doesn't wanna be to be an ass or something?

S&D's lawsuits (not to mention the press release that accompanied their 2nd lawsuit) was/is very malicious in nature.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:59:19 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1077 on: March 09, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »

"Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does..
Give EXAMPLES! Dont post such a bold statement without examples.
Axl's attorney points out that "Hudson and McKagan have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history."
We need examples. You haven't shown any "pudding", all you've shown is a pile of bullshit rants and the opinion of an attorney.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1078 on: March 09, 2006, 08:40:51 PM »

"Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does..
Axl's attorney points out that "Hudson and McKagan have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history."
We need examples. You haven't shown any "pudding", all you've shown is a pile of bullshit rants and the opinion of an attorney.

Those are quotes from Axl and his attorney. Apparently axl knows more than we do.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1079 on: March 09, 2006, 08:49:37 PM »

Those are quotes from Axl and his attorney. Apparently axl knows more than we do.
Yes, KV, I know that. BUT, if Slash is lying to "everyone and anyone", there should be a shitload of examples. I think Axl is barking up the wrong tree on this. The only examples I can think of is when Duff said Axl didnt write anything on AFD. I actually lost respect for Duff over that comment. And another example would be Adler's insults, but no one really takes him seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: