Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR references on Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR references on Conan O'Brien  (Read 25812 times)
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2005, 10:26:48 AM »

see look how Axl has ruined the gnr name !

And during the 2002 tour Conan called GNR "Fatty Magoo and the guys who arent Slash"  so the GNR name wasnt represented well that nite. And this was during the comeback!

I couldn't help but laugh hardcore when I heard him say that.

Yea that was funny, sorta. I am not a big Conan fan but the rubber dog bit is funny.

During the MSG show Axl came out with a big box of donuts ( a reference to the Fatty Magoo comment) and asked the audience if Conan was in the crowd so he could share his donuts. Then he started passing them out to the front rows. Funny Shit.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »

Its good to see Axl's sense of humor every now and then.  Conan's the man.  The best late night talk show host going right now, and one of the funniest people on the planet.  He wrote for SNL and The Simpsons when those shows were funny.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2005, 01:16:50 PM »

see look how Axl has ruined the gnr name !

And during the 2002 tour Conan called GNR "Fatty Magoo and the guys who arent Slash"? so the GNR name wasnt represented well that nite. And this was during the comeback!

when he had jimmy fallon on he kept talking about the snake dance.. Saying he was now a fat snake.. Jimmy did stick up for axl though
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »

Yeah, I was watching last night.? ?Grin

During the MSG show Axl came out with a big box of donuts ( a reference to the Fatty Magoo comment) and asked the audience if Conan was in the crowd so he could share his donuts. Then he started passing them out to the front rows. Funny Shit.

Funnily enough, Conan was indeed in attendance that night.? I'm not sure whether or not Axl actually knew that, but it sounded like he did.

Conan has also cracked other Axl jokes like during the SAT analogy bit...

Bruce Springsteen is to: four hour concerts while the crowd has a blast
Axl Rose is to: four hour riots while he sits on his ass

And he did another one I think with Eminem:

Eminem is to: swept the grammays
Axl Rose is to: swept Denny's

when he had jimmy fallon on he kept talking about the snake dance.. Saying he was now a fat snake.. Jimmy did stick up for axl though

Yeah, Conan said something like "What's going on with this Guns N Roses thing?  It's just Axl Rose!  He could hire Foreigner and still call the band Guns N Roses!"  and Jimmy said something like "well hey it's better than calling it Axl and four dudes".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 11:21:00 PM by Bridge » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »

Does Conan personally know Axl or was Axl just pissed about the cracks Conan's made about him that led to the thing in 02 in Madison, since Conan always makes reference to GNR and Axl.

I don't think he knows Axl, but I could be wrong.  Axl just was firing back at Conan for the "Fatty Magoo" comment.

Conan is a late night talk show host on TV. very funny little man hihi

he is indeed funny, but he's a very little man at 6 foot 4.   hihi
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2005, 10:26:24 AM »

Conan is gonna be the next additional keyboard player or flute
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2005, 11:19:43 AM »

Its good to see Axl's sense of humor every now and then.  Conan's the man.  The best late night talk show host going right now, and one of the funniest people on the planet.  He wrote for SNL and The Simpsons when those shows were funny.
Really I didn't know he write some Simpsons episode, no wonder why nowadays the program is not that funny  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2005, 12:04:05 PM »

Really I didn't know he write some Simpsons episode, no wonder why nowadays the program is not that funny? Undecided

Conan wasn't the reason the show was funny to start with.  He was a producer for a couple years, but he was only the writer of four shows during the fourth season.  He then left to do his own late night show.  The writing of the Simpsons has declined simply because the show has been around for so long and it's running out of steam.  Hell, the 17th season just started last Sunday.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2005, 03:35:51 PM »

It's weird complex, but many people mock what they like and are big fans of.

Like me and my and my Mets a bit.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2005, 06:02:45 PM »

It's weird complex, but many people mock what they like and are big fans of.

Like me and my and my Mets a bit.

Your sig is fucked up, Vicarious existance is a FUCKING waste of time.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2005, 10:27:47 PM »

Really I didn't know he write some Simpsons episode, no wonder why nowadays the program is not that funny? Undecided

Conan wasn't the reason the show was funny to start with.? He was a producer for a couple years, but he was only the writer of four shows during the fourth season.? He then left to do his own late night show.? The writing of the Simpsons has declined simply because the show has been around for so long and it's running out of steam.? Hell, the 17th season just started last Sunday.

Conan receives writing credits on only a few episodes, but he had a lot of input on many episodes from Season 4 Season 5.  He left about halfway through the 5th season because he got the Late Night job.  He was on the writing team, and he'd receive scripts for shows that had already been written, and then add stuff and make a few finishing touches.  Usually only one guy receives a writing credit, but the input of many people go into the show.  If you've got the DVDs you should watch the episodes Conan does commentary with the commentary on.  You learn a lot of really interesting stuff.  The Simpsons of course were funny before Conan got there and after Conan left, but he did a damn good job when he was with the show.  The 4th and 5th seasons were two of the best in the show's history, and Conan had a lot to do with it.  Its sad to see how far that show has fallen.  IMO it was the funniest show of all time during its prime.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »

Conan receives writing credits on only a few episodes, but he had a lot of input on many episodes from Season 4 Season 5.?

I believe he also produced during season 3.

If you've got the DVDs you should watch the episodes Conan does commentary with the commentary on.? You learn a lot of really interesting stuff.?

I have actually, and I agree, it's interesting.  In fact, the only commentaries I have listened are the ones with Conan.

The Simpsons of course were funny before Conan got there and after Conan left, but he did a damn good job when he was with the show.

No doubt about that.  Conan's one of the funniest people on the planet.
UseYourAppetite
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2005, 08:18:52 AM »

Conie is the man Grin, When did he do the impression? what date (shows are a bit delayed in sweden..) BTW when did conan work on the simpsons and for how long?  Huh
Clarepants
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2005, 08:57:30 AM »

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/celebritysecrets/slash.shtml

Thats Slash doing 'celebrity secrets' on Conan.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2005, 12:33:30 PM »

Those are friggin' hilarious.  Best celebrity secrets ever!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2005, 01:13:13 PM »

Axl should do Used to Love Her acoustic with Izzy & Gilby on Conan(since Slash isn't an optionon Smiley ). man would that be something.? drool

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2005, 01:53:58 AM »

Thought I'd mention this.  Tonight on Conan he introduced a new character.  It was called Oscilating Air Purifier That Looks Like Slash.  It was an air purifier with a top hat and wig on, and a cigarrete stuck in it.  When they cut to it they started playing Sweet Child O' Mine.  Very funny stuff.  Conan is the man.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2005, 02:21:06 AM »

Thought I'd mention this.  Tonight on Conan he introduced a new character.  It was called Oscilating Air Purifier That Looks Like Slash.  It was an air purifier with a top hat and wig on, and a cigarrete stuck in it.  When they cut to it they started playing Sweet Child O' Mine.  Very funny stuff.  Conan is the man.
I saw that too... I love Conan  Grin

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2005, 12:21:38 PM »

axl didn't ruin shit.

Yes he didn't ruin shit, He ruined, Guns n Roses hehe.. just kidding Wink  rofl
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2005, 10:37:51 PM »

Conan introduced a piece by saying they weren't going to waste anybody time by engaging in stupid bits, then turned and said, "right, oscillating air conditioner that looks like Slash?"

And then it cut to an oscillating AC with the hair and top hat, with a cigarette sticking out of it.  And the beginning of "Sweet Child o Mine" played during the shot.

Grin  I've lost count of all the GNR references in Conan's jokes.  the dude's a fan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: