Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:54:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR references on Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR references on Conan O'Brien  (Read 25805 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2004, 03:33:30 PM »

MEMO TO ALL "CONAN IS BITTER TOWARDS AXL" IDIOTS ON THIS THREAD:

A. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize that Conan doesn't even write those bits.
B. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize that those bits make fun of everybody in show business, not just Axl Rose.
C. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize Conan rarely ever mentions Axl.? During the 1500 or so shows Conan has put on over the past 11 years, I've heard him crack a joke about Axl Rose maybe five or six times.

And just to beat Jarmo to the punch, his response to my post will be...

You're obviously not smart enough to read the rules and not insult anyone else.

Oh well, the ignorance and idiocy pervading this thread had to be refuted somehow.? It just cracks me up that some lamebrains here truly believe that Conan sits around all day and thinks up ways to insult Axl Rose.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 03:49:08 PM by Dizzy » Logged
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

Metallicasslickers are a bunch od OLD ARROGANT ASSHOLES who need to just quit the show. The only people who listen to them are kids aka teenagers. and so in saying... it's a phase. They'll get over it, I'm sure. Just like I did... after Black.  rant

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Dizzy
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2004, 03:51:13 PM »

Conan has the best late night show.He did an analogy of him before too.

Eminem is to: Sweeping the Grammies as Axl Rose is to : Sweeping Denny's. rofl

And let's not forget....

Bruce Springsteen is to: Four hour concerts while the crowd has a blast;
Axl Rose is to: Four hour riots while he sits on his ass.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2004, 04:12:42 PM »

Bruce Springsteen is to: Four hour concerts while the crowd has a blast;
Axl Rose is to: Four hour riots while he sits on his ass.

YES!  rofl

Come on, we take ourselves way too seriously around here.  Well, some of us, anyway.  We need a good joke every now and then.  Rock 'n' roll is supposed to be fun, right?  Conan throws a bit of humour the way of GN'R fans, I think we might as well just appreciate it for what it is: a good joke.

The thing about Conan is, somehow, the best part of his show is just his own charm.  Look at his monologues.  While Jay Leno has like two dozen jokes in a monologue, Conan has four and fills it in with stuff like, "Yep, good show tonight, am I right? ....Okay, nobody cheered, I guess we suck."  You're either a Conan person or not.

Personally, I appreciate ANY reference to Axl Rose in popular culture.  I'm just that much of a GN'R nut.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2004, 12:40:14 PM »

Axl is not a God people! If Conan want's to rip on Axl that's his right. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 12:47:16 PM »

CONAN rocks!!

God damn Slash The Man
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 03:06:23 PM »

MEMO TO ALL "CONAN IS BITTER TOWARDS AXL" IDIOTS ON THIS THREAD:

A. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize that Conan doesn't even write those bits.
B. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize that those bits make fun of everybody in show business, not just Axl Rose.
C. You're all obviously not smart enough to realize Conan rarely ever mentions Axl.? During the 1500 or so shows Conan has put on over the past 11 years, I've heard him crack a joke about Axl Rose maybe five or six times.

And just to beat Jarmo to the punch, his response to my post will be...

You're obviously not smart enough to read the rules and not insult anyone else.

Oh well, the ignorance and idiocy pervading this thread had to be refuted somehow.? It just cracks me up that some lamebrains here truly believe that Conan sits around all day and thinks up ways to insult Axl Rose.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. Conan does write some of the jokes along with his team of writers. Wether or not he wrote the Axl jokes would be hard to tell, maybe there is one of his team of writers who just likes to rip on Axl.

Before having his own tv show in 1993, Conan wrote for the Simpsons and then SNL, so you can't sit there and say he doesnt write his skits.

On a side note the fact the audience laughed and they can put a joke out about Axl every now and then and get a good laugh, shows that the general audiene of America still does atleast know who he is, after not doing much for the last decade.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 03:18:51 PM »

On Tuesday night i think it was, the Late Night with Conan O'Brien was doing analogies.  One was:

Metallica's New Documentary: Some Kind of Monster :: Axl Rose's New Documentary: Some Kind of Bus Boy.  I actually thought that was one of the funniest thing on Conan.  But then he did an impersonation of Axl in a high pitched voice saying "Conan, thats not funny man!" and then sang the first couple lyrics of Sweet Child O' Mine.  I was laughing hystarically.  No offense to Axl but it was really funny.

Any ways Conan's analogies usually have some truth to them so does any one know of a documentary on Axl that is going to be aired any time soon? 

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2004, 03:54:07 PM »

On Tuesday night i think it was, the Late Night with Conan O'Brien was doing analogies.? One was:

Metallica's New Documentary: Some Kind of Monster :: Axl Rose's New Documentary: Some Kind of Bus Boy.? I actually thought that was one of the funniest thing on Conan.? But then he did an impersonation of Axl in a high pitched voice saying "Conan, thats not funny man!" and then sang the first couple lyrics of Sweet Child O' Mine.? I was laughing hystarically.? No offense to Axl but it was really funny.

Any ways Conan's analogies usually have some truth to them so does any one know of a documentary on Axl that is going to be aired any time soon??

Slashisthebest

I highly, highly doubt that we'll be seeing the Axl Rose documentary Some Kind of Bus Boy in theatres anytime soon.  But if you want a GN'R doc, try and catch the recent Behind the Music episode on the band.
Dizzy
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

maybe there is one of his team of writers who just likes to rip on Axl.

See, this is the nonsense I'm talking about.? Are you really naive enough to believe this?? Are you really?? Christ, Conan cracks billions of jokes on Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, N'Sync, Jennifer Lopez, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Snoop Dogg, the list goes on and on.? And after 11 years, he's cracked a whopping five or six Axl Rose jokes, and you think that after the zillions of jokes that he and his writers obtrude upon every celebrity known to man, that they have a personal vendetta against Axl Rose?

If you really believe that, I've got some kickass beachfront property in the heart of the Sahara that I'd like to sell you.? I hear the surfing is killer!

Before having his own tv show in 1993, Conan wrote for the Simpsons and then SNL

Oh christ, you're giving the biggest Conan O'Brien fan in the galaxy a history lesson on his career?? Do you also give ministers lectures on the bible?

so you can't sit there and say he doesn't write his skits

Let me rephrase that.? Conan along with about 12 other writers write skits.? Do you really think he sits around and thinks about Axl Rose all day long?? Do you think that he is conspiring against Axl day and night, thinking of the perfect witticisms with which to drive him into the ground?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 11:16:45 PM by Dizzy » Logged
wilson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »

I'm new to this board and don't really want to offend anyone because I am a big fan of Guns 'n Roses but also a huge fan of Metallica. I have been reading this board for two weeks and i am getting sick of everyone here thinking guns n roses can't do anything wrong, I understand it is a gunner board but Metallica arn't pussy's. There music is amazing and so is guns'n roses. Both bands have magor problems it's just Guns'N roses exposed it for everyone to see where Metallica didn't in some way, but I won't go on because I like Guns N roses heaps but both bands are cool and i'm sick of everyone abusing them.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2004, 09:52:31 PM »

I'm new to this board and don't really want to offend anyone because I am a big fan of Guns 'n Roses but also a huge fan of Metallica. I have been reading this board for two weeks and i am getting sick of everyone here thinking guns n roses can't do anything wrong, I understand it is a gunner board but Metallica arn't pussy's. There music is amazing and so is guns'n roses. Both bands have magor problems it's just Guns'N roses exposed it for everyone to see where Metallica didn't in some way, but I won't go on because I like Guns N roses heaps but both bands are cool and i'm sick of everyone abusing them.

Right, and metallica have what to do with this?
Nothing.

It's just a very bad joke, and I'm not saying that because I'm an Axl fan, I'm saying it because it's a bad joke.  I worry about TV.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2004, 12:21:13 AM »

maybe there is one of his team of writers who just likes to rip on Axl.

See, this is the nonsense I'm talking about.? Are you really naive enough to believe this?? Are you really?? Christ, Conan cracks billions of jokes on Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, N'Sync, Jennifer Lopez, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Snoop Dogg, the list goes on and on.? And after 11 years, he's cracked a whopping five or six Axl Rose jokes, and you think that after the zillions of jokes that he and his writers obtrude upon every celebrity known to man, that they have a personal vendetta against Axl Rose?

If you really believe that, I've got some kickass beachfront property in the heart of the Sahara that I'd like to sell you.? I hear the surfing is killer!

No I am not saying one writer sits down and thinks of nothing to do but rip on Axl, I am saying maybe he is a Gunner Fan and likes to pop one out every now and then I never said that he had a write who just writes about him. That would be absurb. But if Axl said something at the MSG show about Conan, thats enough fuel for them to crack out a joke every now and them. They have a good sick, sense of humor and they love to get to people.

Before having his own tv show in 1993, Conan wrote for the Simpsons and then SNL

Oh christ, you're giving the biggest Conan O'Brien fan in the galaxy a history lesson on his career?? Do you also give ministers lectures on the bible?

That isnt enough a good comparison. A minister lives to serve god, unless you live everyday to go out and preach Conan to people thats not a good comparison, With a Minister you know who you are talking to, someone online saying He loves conan is something totally different.

so you can't sit there and say he doesn't write his skits

Let me rephrase that.? Conan along with about 12 other writers write skits.? Do you really think he sits around and thinks about Axl Rose all day long?? Do you think that he is conspiring against Axl day and night, thinking of the perfect witticisms with which to drive him into the ground?
Where do you get this from I never said he has someone who sits there and just rips on Axl all day. All I said was maybe there is one of his writers who likes to throw in a Axl joke. Just like one of his writers loves to do the Frankensten wastes a minute skit, when Most of the time the audience isnt into it at all or laughing, and they have alot of skits the audience doesnt get into (that I think are funny) Like the fed ex pope, I am sure there a writer who likes to do those skits ripping on the fed ex pope even though the audience doesnt really get into this.

You got to stop looking so far into the meaning of what someone is writing. I do not believe there is any one writer who writes about one subject. But each writer has his inside jokes or things he loves to rip on. Never would I believe and I hope others wouldnt believe there is one guy who writes JUST about axl.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2004, 02:00:11 AM »

Wathcing Conan tonight. He was reading some sort of jokes. One set was "I hate it when people catch me....."

"Axl Rose wrote, 'taking my clothes out of the dryer at the laundromat'".   Roll Eyes

Hahaha.  Roll Eyes

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2004, 02:00:58 AM »

They just did another joke about mr rose, this one was called celebrity surveys.

the survey question was. I hate it when fans____

Neil Young Wrote: Ask for my autograph when i'm at? a restaurant

Bruce Springsteen wrote: Sing my songs back to me

Axl Rose wrote: Catch me taking clothes out of their dryer hihi

Anybody else think that one of the writers either hates axl or is pissed off at him? Usually when they do the jokes, they have someone that has recently been in the news. Like last time they went after axl was during the riots. Now, a year and a half later, they suddenly throw two jabs in three shows.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:44:01 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2004, 02:02:23 AM »

Tonights Conan O'Brien featured a segment where he showed celebrities and said he asked them to fill out surveys. Anyways.. for each little thing they showed 3 celebrities, 2 were serious, and 1 was funny for each one.

Axl was in one that said:

I hate it when fans

Neil Simon said "ask for my autograph when im busy"
Bruce Springsteen said "sing my songs back"
and
Axl Rose said "catch me taking clothes out of their laudromat dryers"

Conan sure is a funny guy though Cheesy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2004, 02:02:33 AM »

See I think one of his writers just like to throw in the casual Axl rip. Maybe of of the writers is just waiting for CD and is lil upset.  Not saying that it is just one writer's job to rip on Axl, but I think someone likes to throw in the casual remark, just like the casual remark on How fat Rueban Studdard is, or the casual remark on How Courtney Love is drugged out of her mind. Its all in good humor.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2004, 02:02:49 AM »

Another Axl joke tonight. HILARIOUS one at that. It was a Celebrity Survey bit ("Complete the statement.")

Statement: "I hate it when my fans..."

"Axl's" Answer: "...catch me stealing clothes from their laundromat dryer."

Ok, let the Conan bashing re-commence, asses!

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2004, 02:03:44 AM »

I posted it in the other thread. I'm pretty amazed, that's his second Axl joke this week - and this one was drop dead hilarious. Great stuff.

Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2004, 02:04:06 AM »

AHH You posted this 2 mins before i did! Can someone please merge my topic with theirs. But yeah it really was funny Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: