Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Your hopes for the new VR album
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your hopes for the new VR album  (Read 15113 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 10:53:16 AM »

For me lyrics are minimal in why I like a song, I don't need to be swooned off my feet with super memorable lyrics.. I am a dude going out to have a great time enjoying hard rock..  Now don't think I don't love singing along to gnr tunes from yesterday but that doesn't mean I care about deep lyrics..  It's like the first time I heard Smells like Teen Spirit I had no fucking clue what was being said but I enjoyed the sound and the instruments.. It depends on what you like, but for me lyrics are last, give me a hard pounding drum and good guitar work and flowing music and I am happy.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

My hope for the next VR record is that they put out better singles.
Songs like STB and YGNR should have been put out instead of Dirty Lil Mind (great song too).
I think they would have made a greater impact with those songs out, but whatever the fuck, Contraband made a great impact on me, only reaffirming that the music was always a part of what brought us all to Here today Coming Back Tomorrow.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 04:59:06 PM »

Better than Contraband, don't get me wrog, love the album but every band has to improve!

That's a hatrick for Doull
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »

Songs like STB and YGNR should have been put out instead of Dirty Lil Mind (great song too).
I think they would have made a greater impact with those songs out, but whatever the fuck, Contraband made a great impact on me, only reaffirming that the music was always a part of what brought us all to Here today Coming Back Tomorrow.

MNR

dirty little thing, sorry  if you were being sarcastic..

I'd love another slither with a longer solo
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »

That's exacltly why I absolutely love most of the slither live versions some of them have long kick ass slash solo's in it Grin

As far as the new Vr album, I hope it will be a bit more "slash", contraband is really missing those slash signature licks and solo's Undecided
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

That's exacltly why I absolutely love most of the slither live versions some of them have long kick ass slash solo's in it Grin

As far as the new Vr album, I hope it will be a bit more "slash", contraband is really missing those slash signature licks and solo's Undecided

yeah the extended slither is awesome

I always think about longer slash type solos.. I often thinl about is this anband that doesn't want to overshadow the others.. GNR, snakepit 1-2 had tons of long solos, killer riffs so we know it can be done , but gnr was a guitar rock band and slash's snakepit is slash's gig, this is more of a group effort in which longer solos might not be what they wanted..
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

I would not say that "Contraband" was that great of an album. Well worth the $9.99 paid when it was released, but not that original. It sounded so much like STP, which is great if you liked them, but seriously... I'm hoping for this new experimental album...

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 07:41:54 PM »

I'm hoping for more memorable riffs and solos.  I felt on CB that there wasn't enough "quality" solos.  Don't get me wrong, some we're ok, but I know Slash could have done better. 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 07:55:59 PM »

I think if the band weathers this current storm it will make them stronger and want to do better simply because CD is getting attention and I am sure they have read how people were let down by the album.. I hope it fuels them and makes them stronger.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

I talked to Sorum on Myspace.  Its pretty cool how you can talk to guys in your favorite bands.

Check out his page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=55783166

He answered my message.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 08:27:43 PM »

MNR

I agree but in a different way.. Even though FTP was a hit I think that is what ruined it... Slither was a big hit and a kick ass first single... That song is responsible for alot of VR's initial record sales... Then they come out with Fall To pieces.... It was a big hit but it is also a very safe and very 80's sounding power ballad that was pushed down everyones throats and played contstantly.. It made VR look like a bunch of pussies.. People grew sick of it fst and I think it made alot of people think they were cheesy. It was way to early for that crap... I personally think that "Dirty Little Thing"was a great choice. I know ALOT of people that love that song.  They should have released it second and it would have done better.. I actually still hear it on teh radio where I am from quite a bit anyway.... VR are a kick ass rock band and they really dont need to be releasing gay songs like FTP..

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 10:12:06 PM »

I wouldn't mind an instrumental song on the album, just to hear them jam out.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »

yeah the extended slither is awesome

I always think about longer slash type solos.. I often thinl about is this anband that doesn't want to overshadow the others.. GNR, snakepit 1-2 had tons of long solos, killer riffs so we know it can be done , but gnr was a guitar rock band and slash's snakepit is slash's gig, this is more of a group effort in which longer solos might not be what they wanted..

Yeah, just look at the early live versions of both Slither and You Got No Right as prime examples of that. The album versions ended up with a lot less Slash solos on them.
The middle solo part of Slither live at the El Rey reminded me of parts of Coma, I was disappointed that they cut it much shorter on the album.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 01:06:01 AM »

Im excited about the prospect of a concept album, which Im guessing will be kept rather loose.  Im intrigued by the "libertad" theme and hope it will inspire Weiland to do some interesting things.

I would personally like to see a diverse record; they made their no-nonsense rock record, now throw some pianos in, make the title track Spanish-sounding, do a country-flavored song, make an epic.  I doubt well see that, but itd be nice if we did.  I also wouldnt mind Slash returning to the classic Slash vibe for at least a song or two.  Id like to see how they work with a different producer.
RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 02:25:53 AM »

I bet they change the name of the album. Wasn't "Libertad" the title of Scott's would-be concept album? At anyrate, I'm sure it will kick ass.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 09:36:33 AM »

VR'S Libertad is gonna kick ass, I wonder if the song "Come on Come in" will be in the album...   cause its a kick ass song but not that good honestly ... imho...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

VR'S Libertad is gonna kick ass, I wonder if the song "Come on Come in" will be in the album...? ?cause its a kick ass song but not that good honestly ... imho...

I hope not... I like the song I just don't need a song I already have wehn they are making a new album..

your last sentence is kind of funny, kick ass but not that good hihi
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 09:51:27 AM »

hehe, well its a good song, but I think VR need to grow up as a band... something more mature...? peace 
I would like something like a Civil War, Coma, 14 years, dust n bones...  yes
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

I'm hoping the new album will be awesome.  I loved Contraband, but felt that it was just something that was rushed together, without a whole lot of effort.  This one seems to have been in the works for a while, and I love the idea of a concept album.  I hate how everyone is misinterpreting the "dance" statements.  Yes, the album will have songs that we can move to, but it's not going to be like Sandstorm or anything.  I think it'll be good "funky groove" music, kinda like mixing some Ain't Life Grand?-era Snakepit, with classic Primal Scream, and the Black Crowes.  Hell, we were all able to get moving to AFD, all ya gotta do is get Axl's snake dance down pat!  I can't wait for it, it's going to be huge.  My bigger fear is that Axl may be waiting to announce anything about a new GNR album until he knows the release date for VR's new album, then try and overshadow it, causing VR's album to have lower sales.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 10:00:09 AM »

hehe, well its a good song, but I think VR need to grow up as a band... something more mature...? peace?
I would like something like a Civil War, Coma, 14 years, dust n bones...? yes

I think you have more chance of dust n bones then the others
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: