Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228070 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses  (Read 12243 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »

I really think the guitar duet Finck/Fortus is stronger than Buckethead. When I hear the Finck' solos on the demos, I can hear much more feeling in his guitar playing than Buckethead's fast and "without heart and soul" solos. And When I hear Richard's demos (especially the Western ones), I can hear better guitar parts and textures than Buckethead's fast and "without heart and soul" solos. FACT.

You are without a doubt the most thick headed and ignorant person I know here on HTGTH forum. Easily! Buckets solo's in TWAT are better then anything I've ever heard Robin do ... and they arent "fast , without heart and soul" .. what a fucking load of B.S.

shaun
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »

*Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses*

and why would he anyway. Buckethead left Guns n'Roses an age ago  hihi
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 04:14:49 PM »

Buckethead can sure as hell play with feeling... that being said... Robin and Richard seem to have the chops... and they're actually the ones still in the band... so, I will be primarily interested in what they can come up with...

At the end of the day, I just don't think Buckethead was down with becoming a guitarist rock god (like Slash or Eddie Van Halen)... which surely would have followed had he stayed in Guns. I guess he's kind of an Eddie Vedder of lead guitarists... which I respect.smoking

His solo shows and albums are great though.... and I'll always have his outro in Nightrain burned into my brain.ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »

Buckethead can sure as hell play with feeling...

on his albums: Yes
Live: No

i love the guy, but he was boring as hell on stage during the 02' tour. ya, his solos and what not were fantastic, but it just doesnt do it for me when the guy just stands around like a robot (  rofl )

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 05:02:22 PM »

under the Bucket... smoking

Do you think he bugs sometimes?  hihi
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:17:07 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 05:17:03 PM »

i love the guy, but he was boring as hell on stage during the 02' tour. ya, his solos and what not were fantastic, but it just doesnt do it for me when the guy just stands around like a robot (? rofl )

did you actually go to any of the shows?

my feelings on bucket overall are mixed, but from the two shows i went to (albany and MSG), bucket was moving and running around the stage a lot!

now you know me better
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »

Just told me Michael Weinstein, his "Booking Agent".

Here's my mails with him (don't laugh about my english? no)

Mail 1:

Hi, first of all i'm from Argentina so....my english sucks but....Buckethead are going to be with Guns N' Roses on tour? I'll waiting for an answer
Thanks.
Ulises

GOOD! Too weird to be with a rock band like gnr!

Michael Weinstein:
hi.? NO he won't be touring with the band...

Mail 2:
Oww ok, thanks. A lot of speculations in the net about Buckethead touring with Guns N' Roses. What are you of Buckethead? Manager?

Michael Weinstein:
i am his booking agent

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 05:26:40 PM »

*Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses*

and why would he anyway. Buckethead left Guns n'Roses an age ago  hihi

Exactly. But anyway, this news is just fine by me.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 05:27:03 PM »

I saw Buckethead last week in a small club... and he was playing with tremendous feeling... especially when he was playing the more subtle material off of Colma and a few other tracks...

I guess it depends what you mean by "feeling"? If you define it as running up to the front of the stage and striking a classic guitar god pose will ripping out a moving solo (e.g. Slash)- yeah... BH will never do that or play that way... but if you're just talking about the music itself (both live and recorded)... BH definitely has feeling in most of the stuff he does. ?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »

i love the guy, but he was boring as hell on stage during the 02' tour. ya, his solos and what not were fantastic, but it just doesnt do it for me when the guy just stands around like a robot (? rofl )

did you actually go to any of the shows?

my feelings on bucket overall are mixed, but from the two shows i went to (albany and MSG), bucket was moving and running around the stage a lot!

I saw GNR in Boston '02.  The Bucket was great.  He's an amazing talent.  Unfortunately, he's not with the band anymore.  Maybe we'll never know if the Bucket's schtick would have caught on with the mass public.  There was practically zero marketing and no finished product at the time.  I am confident Axl and company won't do us wrong.  Robin and Richard will impress I'm sure. 

P.S. I have to agree with whoever said Bucket barely moved on stage.  Personally, I don't care, but I'd prefer to see some facial expression and energy on stage.  Just my opinion.  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 05:48:38 PM »

I really think the guitar duet Finck/Fortus is stronger than Buckethead. When I hear the Finck' solos on the demos, I can hear much more feeling in his guitar playing than Buckethead's fast and "without heart and soul" solos. And When I hear Richard's demos (especially the Western ones), I can hear better guitar parts and textures than Buckethead's fast and "without heart and soul" solos. FACT.

You are without a doubt the most thick headed and ignorant person I know here on HTGTH forum. Easily! Buckets solo's in TWAT are better then anything I've ever heard Robin do ... and they arent "fast , without heart and soul" .. what a fucking load of B.S.

Buckethead just plays fast chromatic stuff in every solo he has. i'll admit his TWAT was good, and his IRS was good as well, but his Better is way worse than Robin's. Besides, his solos are all the same, and yes, they are heartless and souless.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »

Anyone who thinks that Bucket does not play with feeling is not familiar with the man's catalog.

all of Colma
I Love My Parents
Electric Tears

Unbelievable.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

Maybe so, but he doesn't match his solos with the same style as Axl's songs. Not a good fit for GN'R.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

Maybe so, but he doesn't match his solos with the same style as Axl's songs. Not a good fit for GN'R.

I don't know what you mean.

He played the old songs alot better than Finck/Fortus. His extended solo on TWAT was amazing. Finck will be challenged to handle the 1:20 outro. I liked his noodling IRS  jaunt but it could have been better.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »

It's unfortunate since he owns the recent leaks.

I'm still hoping for John 5, Zack Wylde or Slash
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 12:08:34 AM »

During the 2002 tour I somehow got roped into distributing Buckethead promo merchandise; stuff like promo flyers (which were actually really cool. they were printed on a thin glossy cardboard material and about 5 inches by 8 inches), shirts, posters, promo CDs, and promo photos.

Anyway, I talked to Buckethead's manager the day after the North American opener in Vancouver (we all know how that show turned out) and by the way our conversation went, I could have told you back then that Buckethead was in it for the short term. His manager assumed I was a Buckethead fan first, and just going to the GNR shows to support Buckethead. Other way around. I was a GNR fan first, and going to the show to see the band. The manager just rubbed me the wrong way. I continued to give away the promo stuff at the shows just to meet people, but I never really wanted Buckethead in GNR after that. He is good, but shouldn't be touring and recording with Axl if he doesn't believe in what he is doing.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »

Its sad BH was   just in it for the money   Cry

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 12:27:48 AM »

I find it sad Buckethead won't be touring but certainly not surprising.  He was absolutely phenomenal at the London, ONT show. 
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2006, 12:28:52 AM »

Does everyone agree that somebody has to replace Bucket in this band?  I still don't like the idea of having Robin Finck as your most talented guitarist on your big comeback.  No disrespect to him, but this shit has to be perfect.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 12:30:51 AM »

Does everyone agree that somebody has to replace Bucket in this band?? I still don't like the idea of having Robin Finck as your most talented guitarist on your big comeback.? No disrespect to him, but this shit has to be perfect.

I rumor is Michael Angelo Bato

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: