Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Gilby, Jason Newsted, and Tommy Lee for new band!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby, Jason Newsted, and Tommy Lee for new band!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 44896 times)
Eric
« on: March 16, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »

They are going to do the rockstar show to look for singer-from blabbermouth. GO Gilby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »

This is going to be a great year for GNR fans-this should be a good band. 2006 GNR, Velvet Revolver, Gilby!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

it's looking like the unemployment line these days.. i think this is all cool but why can't people concentrate on one project,,, This goes for everyone, new gnr, matt with camp freddy with scott, tommy because he has motley crue..
Eric
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »

I know, but how can Gilby turn this down? Lead guitarist in what might be a high profile band?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »

How about Michael kiske for a lead vocal? that would be cool  yes

No man can be my equal
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »

I think this is really cool.  I love all these guys so should be pretty interesting.  I still wish Jason was back with Metallica though.  They just don't seem like Metallica with out him.  Go back Jason!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »

MTV.com is reporting that SUPERNOVA ? the new supergroup featuring M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee, former METALLICA bassist and current VOIVOD member Jason Newsted, and onetime GUNS N' ROSES axeman Gilby Clarke ? could end up running into some legal trouble down the line over their name. Back in the early 1990s, a poppy punk trio called SUPERNOVA emerged from California's Orange County. The band, which released its first album on Atlantic Records in 1995, is perhaps best known for the track "Chewbacca", which appeared on the soundtrack to Kevin Smith's "Clerks".

As previously reported, SUPERNOVA will be utilizing the "Rock Star" TV program to search for a lead singer. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly episode, which will air on CBS-TV, will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

I thought Motley Crue were supposed to be working on a new album..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 01:45:07 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted not or yet - I tried search and didn't find anything:

Members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue become next Rock Star band

Canadian Press
Published: Thursday, March 16, 2006

TORONTO (CP) - Former members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue have banded together for the next season of Rock Star.

Supernova - featuring Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and Gun N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke - will use the popular reality TV show to find a lead singer.

INXS did the same thing last year to enormous success, choosing Nova Scotia-bred J.D. Fortune to front the Australian band.

Rock Star talent scouts are currently auditioning hopefuls around the world. The crew stopped in Toronto earlier this week where about 2,000 tried their luck. The show heads to Vancouver on March 23 for more auditions.

Last season, 15 finalists - which included four Canadians - were selected for the show, hosted by Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke.

The winner of Rock Star will record an album with Supernova.

The CD will be produced by Butch Walker, who's written or produced tracks for Avril Lavigne, Pink and Bowling for Soup.

Since his Motley Crue days, Lee has released three solo albums and most recently starred in the reality TV show Tommy Lee Goes to College. Newsted left Metallica in 2003 to form Echobrain. He also performed with Voivod. Since Guns N' Roses split, Clarke has worked with various artists including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

The new season of Rock Star is expected to air this summer on Global.
? The Canadian Press 2006

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted not or yet - I tried search and didn't find anything:

Members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue become next Rock Star band

Canadian Press
Published: Thursday, March 16, 2006

TORONTO (CP) - Former members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue have banded together for the next season of Rock Star.

Supernova - featuring Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and Gun N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke - will use the popular reality TV show to find a lead singer.

INXS did the same thing last year to enormous success, choosing Nova Scotia-bred J.D. Fortune to front the Australian band.

Rock Star talent scouts are currently auditioning hopefuls around the world. The crew stopped in Toronto earlier this week where about 2,000 tried their luck. The show heads to Vancouver on March 23 for more auditions.

Last season, 15 finalists - which included four Canadians - were selected for the show, hosted by Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke.

The winner of Rock Star will record an album with Supernova.

The CD will be produced by Butch Walker, who's written or produced tracks for Avril Lavigne, Pink and Bowling for Soup.

Since his Motley Crue days, Lee has released three solo albums and most recently starred in the reality TV show Tommy Lee Goes to College. Newsted left Metallica in 2003 to form Echobrain. He also performed with Voivod. Since Guns N' Roses split, Clarke has worked with various artists including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

The new season of Rock Star is expected to air this summer on Global.
? The Canadian Press 2006

hey thanks i was looking for info on this the other day and couldn't find anything ok

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

Pretty wierd group of guys if you ask me....Tommy Lee is the only real BIG name out of the three in terms of your average music fan...but I guess they advertise as former members of Crue, Metallica and GNR to draw in people.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 01:48:16 PM »

man, it must be so embarassing for these former superstars to be on these silly reality tv shows

I thought I read somewhere that Axl has been offered reality TV shows but turned them down (thank god)

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »

Last night I saw on E NEWS that Slash was the one aproached but the show couldnt afford both TOmmy Lee and Slash, but this news is completely different...they never mentioned Jason, or that the show is to find a singer for this super group..they were just looking for judges. WEIRD!

Live N' Let Die
McDuff
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »

man, it must be so embarassing for these former superstars to be on these silly reality tv shows

I thought I read somewhere that Axl has been offered reality TV shows but turned them down (thank god)

Yeah,but you know if Axl was on a reality people would be watching it  ok
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »

The strange thing is is that there already is a band that was signed to Atlantic Records called "Supernova".  I'm afraid this new version will probably have to change their name. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 01:57:41 PM »

Last night I saw on E NEWS that Slash was the one aproached but the show couldnt afford both TOmmy Lee and Slash, but this news is completely different...they never mentioned Jason, or that the show is to find a singer for this super group..they were just looking for judges. WEIRD!

I bet if this show was on before VR became a reality Slash would have gone this route to find a new lead singer.  I could have sworn I heard it was official that Van Halen were doing Rockstar?Huh When did that change?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 01:57:47 PM »

Maybe because you failed to search in the ex-members section?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »

Aha, and I was wondering why Gilby had to stop the European tour on the 13th of May...

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 02:37:39 PM »

I bet if this show was on before VR became a reality Slash would have gone this route to find a new lead singer.? I could have sworn I heard it was official that Van Halen were doing Rockstar?Huh When did that change?

I always said that if Van Halen did Rock Star, David Lee Roth would be the first to audition. rofl

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Origen
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

Looks great, and Slash is going to guest appear  smoking
JAC185
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 03:34:41 PM »

This is the story from www.6767.com, Dave Navarro's site --

"According to Variety.com, M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee, along with bassist Jason Newsted (VOIVOD, ex-METALLICA) and Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES), are forming a new band called SUPERNOVA and will use the "Rock Star" TV program to search for a lead singer. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly episode, which will air on CBS-TV, will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

"Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go," Navarro said.

Lee released his third solo album two years ago and starred in NBC's "Tommy Lee Goes to College" last year.

Newsted left METALLICA in 2003, forming the band ECHOBRAIN and performing for technothrash band VOIVOD. Clarke has worked with various artists since GN'R split, including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Navarro, Lee and Carl Stubner will exec produce the second season of "Rock Star". Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-exec producers."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: