Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Album to be released next month?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album to be released next month?  (Read 9278 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 08:18:51 AM »

Certainly a better source than most, lets hope they are right.

Just my opinion but I don't think we are going to see a single until at least the shows have started, the reason I think this is because the band will obviously have a video to suppport the single and whilst I know this is a new band GNR singles generally showed the band performing live in some part of the video. I also think this would be a great way to introduce the band to the world, a kickass song with a video of them performing at least some of it live. I don't think they will use old 02 footage, so my guess is that after a couple of shows the footage of band playing what will be the first single is compiled and turned into at least some of the singles video. Just my thoughts on why we might not see anything until after the shows begin.

Even if that's the case if we have a first single in June or July and a CD release date I don't mind the April rumour not being true. I can wait an extra 2 months  peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:21:15 AM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2006, 09:15:40 AM »

I was always under the impression that CD is going to be marketed different than any album before it.  So, from a piracy and shock standpoint, it would be in GNRs best interest to release an album with little warning.  I'm still holding out for a single in April, and an album in May. ok

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 09:45:43 AM »

the bigger this tour gets the more i believe that CD will be out before Rock In Rio.id go with a mid may release now.

as for piracy,its gonna be close to the release date before anybody can get hold of this album but im sure it will spread way faster than any album has ever done.as for me,ill be buying mine on release day and DEFINETLY NOT DOWNLOADIN IT. ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 09:49:51 AM »

the bigger this tour gets the more i believe that CD will be out before Rock In Rio.id go with a mid may release now.

as for piracy,its gonna be close to the release date before anybody can get hold of this album but im sure it will spread way faster than any album has ever done.as for me,ill be buying mine on release day and DEFINETLY NOT DOWNLOADIN IT. ok

In all honesty, if it is scheduled for release and it leaks the week before, I will wait.

If it leaks with no sign of release, I will definately download it.

If there is a special iTunes version, which there will be, I will buy that.

If there is a collectors edition, which there will be, I will buy that too.

I will buy every single with a b-side.

I will download because I am impatient, I will buy it cause I am a fan.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »

In all honesty, if it is scheduled for release and it leaks the week before, I will wait.

If it leaks with no sign of release, I will definately download it.

If there is a special iTunes version, which there will be, I will buy that.

If there is a collectors edition, which there will be, I will buy that too.

I will buy every single with a b-side.

I will download because I am impatient, I will buy it cause I am a fan.

yeah,i agree with you.but i just dont want to hear it for the first time by downloadin some mixed up low quality torrent or somethin like that.

as for buying the album,ill also buy the singles,videos,t shirts,mugs,socks,caps,table cloths,mouse mat,clock,garden furniture,dining table,tree,car,shops,houses,fields or anything else that comes with an authentic official chinese democracy logo  hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
shaun
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2006, 10:04:30 AM »

I will download the album first before i buy it. Just in case it's no good. I download every album these days for this reason. The lastest album from Garbage [bleed like me] sucked so much. Placebo's latest album [meds] is really something, its more of the same, which isn't a bad direction to take, so when my downloaded [inferior mp3] version stops playing, i will go out and buy the proper compact disc [better then mp3] version. I think this way i can justify my download antics without feeling like i am ripping off artists or record companies. Before the dawn of downloading, there were many a times when id go out and pick up a new record only to find 1 good track on the whole god dam thing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:06:08 AM by D0badog » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »

i really hope they go all out with the packaging/booklet etc etc for the album.  ok

and hopefully also release it on VINYL.  beer

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:29 AM »

after the european tour peace
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »

i download ALL my music. ?But there are only two bands I will buy from: obviosly I will be buying Chinese Democracy, and I will be buying Pearl Jam's new cd in May. ?But unless those two bands put out more material, its back to downloading for me.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »

I have not bought any CD since 1997 when we had access to download them online and the quality almost the same as the original. But if C.Democracy is released, I will buy them even for $100.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

I agree with oh my choking soul 100%.

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »