Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 82442 times)
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »

It'll most likely be going into rotation on 97 Rock in Davenport, IA.  The music director there is the other biggest GNR fan in town, and I Hear he's got his hands on it now!

He says it'll be kinda cool to get a cease and desist from GNR, so I think that means he's gonna play it.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »

Off topic.. Great user name Godamn.. great name indeed.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »

They are playing it at 6PM also. ?I talked to the DJ and she said until they get officiat notice that they can't play it they are going to keep doing it. ?Also, she said she was working on getting more songs to play. ?She said she had people at work right now doing it. ?
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »

As much as I hate 'AAF, hopefully they'll come around after turning their back on Axl. WBCN is the rock of Boston. ok

Are you serious.? WAAF has played GNR non-stop since day one.? That station rules!!

They have always played lots of GN'R, that's true, but the DJ's rarely have anything nice to say about Axl.
It really makes me sick that these guys let the breakup of the old GN'R get in the way of giving this new band a chance.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »

The caller knew it was new GN'R, but said he wouldn't pay to see the band.
The DJ said its new Axl, not GN'R.

Also, Danny Partrige was on today and said the song sucked (fuck his red ass)

I honestly haven't heard much positive about this, but I have only been listening sparatically.

I'd expect the haters to respond first to whether IRS or silkworms. Wink
Steel_Angel
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 06:17:11 PM »

did the dj just say " heres what axl used to sound like"  while they played mr brownstone???~? dumb bitch hasnt heard "Better"  Angry Angry
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »

Now playing Mr Brownstone, and Carrie promised to play I.R.S at 6. ?They have to have permission to do this, WAAF is an Entertercom station, and they constantly send out warnings about what not to say on the air so that they don't get sued.

RichardNixon
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »

As much as I hate 'AAF, hopefully they'll come around after turning their back on Axl. WBCN is the rock of Boston. ok

Are you serious.? WAAF has played GNR non-stop since day one.? That station rules!!

They have always played lots of GN'R, that's true, but the DJ's rarely have anything nice to say about Axl.
It really makes me sick that these guys let the breakup of the old GN'R get in the way of giving this new band a chance.

That's true. Also, in '02, after the Boston show, they would only let negative callers call the show, although most at the fleetcenter went apeshit and had a good time.

Apart from that, AAF sucks. For the last 8 years or so, it has been nothing but nu-metal sludge and post-grunge pap. They play crap like STAIND, Godsmack, Creed, Limpbizkit, and powerman 500, real forgettable shit.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:58:37 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »

I have WAAF on right now at just a few minutes past 6 and what they are playing fucking blows.

Ok, IRS is on now--Axl to the rescue. ok peace
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:35:08 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »

Are you serious.  WAAF has played GNR non-stop since day one.  That station rules!!

That's true. Also, in '02, after the Boston show, they would only let negative callers call the show, although most at the fleetcenter went apeshit and had a good time.

Apart from that, AAF sucks. For the last 8 years or so, it has been nothing but nu-metal sludge and post-grunge pap. They play crap like STAIND, Godsmack, Creed, Limpbizkit, and powerman 500, real forgettable shit. Mistress Carry is a flake and a poseur

if you dont like staind or godsmack i feel bad for you. aaron lewis is the best voice in the business right now.

poop
RichardNixon
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »

Godsmack=watered down Alice In Chains/Metallica that already sounds dated.
Staind=shit.
nonamethe1st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »

Axl in Boston again.

Yes! 

Steel_Angel
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 06:40:42 PM »

axl's in his mansion beatin a victoria secret model...lol  rofl beer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:43:10 PM by Steel_Angel » Logged
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »

in his mantion beatin a victora secret model...lol

hahahaha i cant believe she just said that hahaha people are gonna be pissed

poop
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »

DJ -

"Axl's probably listening to our free audio stream online and laughing. I have a powerball ticket. On Monday morning after I win, we're going to talk, and you will give me that god damn album!"

rofl
RichardNixon
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

They just played it. Mistress Carrie said (Paraphrasing) "Not sure if this will be on the "Chinese Democracy" album or not, but was leaked on the Internet. I have a conspiracy theory. Axl just shows up out of nowhere at a Korn party and says 'people will hear the new album this year' and then, poof, a new song. I bet Axl is sitting somewhere in his Mansion, beating up a Victoria Secret model and going 'ahhahha, they have played into my hands.'"
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

It's great! ?Just heard it on WAAF. ?I think it's a really catchy song. ?The drumming is a little weird but it's a great song. ?Let's do it Axl. ?If you really wanted to stop it you could. ?It's time to release the beast! ?Let's see it next month. ?
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »

My damn speaker blew...
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »

Misstress Carrie seems to be changing her Axl hating tune.
She now says that she wants to talk to Axl and get a copy of CD.

I remember her complaining about the 02 Boston show, that Axl was turning red hitting the high notes on KOHD.
She said she really wanted to like the show, but couldn't because Slash wasn't there. Now there's a good reason to bash a great sounding live band. rofl rofl

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
RichardNixon
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 06:45:25 PM »

It's great! ?Just heard it on WAAF. ?I think it's a really catchy song. ?The drumming is a little weird but it's a great song. ?Let's do it Axl. ?If you really wanted to stop it you could. ?It's time to release the beast! ?Let's see it next month. ?

And did you hear the song they played before it? no no no My God that was shit. Made IRS look even better.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: