Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227939 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Downer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downer  (Read 14925 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2006, 03:27:13 PM »

ya ur right w/e i was talking about GNR fans srry Wink

Some of you might like this leak review "better":

http://www.rocknworld.com/features/06/GNRleaks.shtml

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2006, 03:28:17 PM »

Thats better  peace

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »

All those who say critics suck: Critics are paid to give a perspective believed to be similar to the general public's in order to preview for them before they buy. The average music buyer will not like GN'R (the average music buyer right now DOES like crap, so critics must too), and when critics say the album isn't up to par, it is only meant to help the music buyer find what he's looking for.

When the public agrees that it likes rap and pop music, the critics must also like this to be effective in serving their readers.

Think some before you post with your, "CRITICS SUCK" shit.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »

I guess everyone has their own opinions... everyone is a critic  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
estranged.1098
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »

All those who say critics suck: Critics are paid to give a perspective believed to be similar to the general public's in order to preview for them before they buy.

I'd like to live in that world...

Music critics are paid to do whatever is in the best interest of those paying them.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »

There underground yes

- Stewie Griffin-
Elrothiel
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Critics are pointless. People have minds of their own and should be allowed to do what they want without the idea that its not as good as they think it is being put in their heads before they listen/watch/eat/stay for themselves.

A world without critics would be a blessed world. A world which I long for.

Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2006, 04:11:04 PM »

hmmm same atitude as last night eh?

- Stewie Griffin-
Elrothiel
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2006, 04:15:41 PM »

Yeaaa.... I don't change my mind from day to day! rofl
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

well thats easy to tell haha .... the thing is i dont listen to crtics if they sumthing is bad hen i see it anyway to piss em off lol jk (but i do see it if it looks good same goes for music)  ok

- Stewie Griffin-
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2006, 04:18:59 PM »

The songs were great, I bet that article didnt even hear them. Like I said before most reviews are already written for CD. They will go like this. We waited Ten years and got this? Where are teh slash like solos? This is not guns n roses without slash. etc etc

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2006, 04:20:37 PM »

But thats stupid slash wasnt the ne who made up gnr axl did  ok

- Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2006, 04:34:32 PM »

But thats stupid slash wasnt the ne who made up gnr axl did? ok

if he made it, than he broke it up
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »

But thats stupid slash wasnt the ne who made up gnr axl did? ok

if he made it, than he broke it up

This remind me of the line:

"I made you and I can destroy you."
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2006, 05:17:55 PM »

maybe the critics only give the song one listen and they didn't have the it takes seceral listens for it to grow on you, and were they wearing headphones

I doubt Kerrang were wearing headphones either.

I love the headphone reference!  rofl

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2006, 05:28:24 PM »

Critics are pointless. People have minds of their own and should be allowed to do what they want without the idea that its not as good as they think it is being put in their heads before they listen/watch/eat/stay for themselves.

not everyone can afford to buy every album that comes out to see if they like it. critics wouldn't exist if people didn't want them too.

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »

All those who say critics suck: Critics are paid to give a perspective believed to be similar to the general public's in order to preview for them before they buy. The average music buyer will not like GN'R (the average music buyer right now DOES like crap, so critics must too), and when critics say the album isn't up to par, it is only meant to help the music buyer find what he's looking for.

When the public agrees that it likes rap and pop music, the critics must also like this to be effective in serving their readers.

Think some before you post with your, "CRITICS SUCK" shit.

Naw man.. your wrong on this one, normally i agree with you, but in truth, when you see a movie come out and it gets rated 2 out of 5, and then when you go see it your amazed in how badly it was rated, yet it was such a good movie? The hills have eyes, which was recently released, got a review of 2 out of 5... i was surprised with the review after seeing the movie.. all i am saying is, it is through the eye of the beholder in terms of being a critic... so in your case, your critque on critics poses an impression of them adjusting to the public, meanwhile, mine stands as critics basing their judgement out of their own perspective... and to tell the truth, i dont agree with anyone that much anyways... so.. i dont care what critics say.. but its nice to hear when they make nice comments.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2006, 05:32:30 PM »

You can't agree with everyone all the time, but critics are generally close. Most people can find a certain few critics they almost always agree with and then they can check things out for them.

Elrothiel
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2006, 06:23:41 PM »

not everyone can afford to buy every album that comes out to see if they like it. critics wouldn't exist if people didn't want them too.

I didn't say they had to. I never go by what the critics say. I don't even READ "professional critiques". I just go by what I hear randomly, what I already know, what I research, and sometimes by the artwork on the album cover.

Going by what someone else says is not the right thing to do, and it is certainly NOT my way of doing things. ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2006, 06:58:55 PM »

I didn't say they had to. I never go by what the critics say. I don't even READ "professional critiques". I just go by what I hear randomly, what I already know, what I research, and sometimes by the artwork on the album cover.

Going by what someone else says is not the right thing to do, and it is certainly NOT my way of doing things. ok

Wait, didn't you just contradict yourself? What you HEAR, RESEARCH isn't that going by what others say?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: