Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bob Dylan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob Dylan  (Read 29315 times)
speed_stone
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:18:18 AM »

the times they are a-changin'!
who here's a dylan fan?!
i was so excited when i found out the man is coming out with a whole new album this summer, it's supposedly slated for an august release! dylan's a musical genius, there is no denying that, his songs are hauntingly good and the whole aura surrounding this legend is amazing. if you have a chance to experience dylan live, which shouldn't be too hard a task seeing as he is constantly out on his "never ending tour", grab the chance, you don't wanna miss the chance to see a legend! i'm going to see dylan for the second time in my life this summer at roskilde, on the same ticket as guns n' roses (!), it's a dream come true! any ideas as to what you think his next album will sound like? dylan, like axl, is impossible to predict, but i know i was really impressed with his two latest efforts, both classic albums already in their own rights! i liked the bluegrass influence on the last one too, but i'm sure dylan has us in for another surprise this summer!
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:15:49 AM »

I'm certainly excited about that!

<Huge-ass Dylan fan over here!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:15:30 AM »

Big Dylan fan here!!  Grin

That's a hatrick for Doull
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »

I love his son, but not him.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
speed_stone
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

I love his son, but not him.
wtf?? Huh nervous confused
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:57:30 PM »

An obvious Wallflowers fan.? ?The lead singer is Dylan's son.? ?ok

GNRevolution... the missing link.
speed_stone
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »

An obvious Wallflowers fan.? ?The lead singer is Dylan's son.? ?ok

really? cool! i can't believe i didn't know that Smiley
i love the dylan song wallflower btw
but how can anyone like his son but not dylan?
seems that sounds completely crazy to me
but to each his own i guess ok
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 02:36:24 AM »

Man thats good news!!!

I love Dylan, well i f he tours the states, i'll be there!!   yes

This is a great year for music, i cant believe it!  beer

If the world would end today... Wink
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »

great news! go Dylan! Cheesy

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gordi
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 05:17:26 AM »

I'm a really really really really bigfan of Dylan. Good on him for this album.  ok Can't wait to hear it.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:26:55 PM »

Dylan is amazing, one of my all time fav's

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »

finally the time is here, ladies and gentleman! the release of a new dylan album is an event everytime, the man is a musical genius and his last 2 efforts have proven he is still at large! this new album will no doubt live up to the legacy and my expectations are sky high! people who have heard clips from it say it sounds like a dream, like a cross between "time out of mind" and "love and theft", and record company excecutives say there are at least 3 masterpieces on there, and that they are approaching this album as a major release worldwide. go get it, you won't be disappointed! unless chinese democracy is released, this will undoubtedly be the best release this year! smoking beer drool
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »

hahaha, i can't believe i forgot to mention that!
AUGUST 29TH, 28TH IN EUROPE! Grin
the last piece in the wonderful triology that also includes "time out of mind" and "love and theft", "modern times" is set to be another grammy winning dylan classic for sure! Cheesy

edit: the press release

Bob Dylan to Release First New Album in Five Years
Monday June 12, 7:02 pm ET 
Modern Times Arrives in Stores and Online August 29

NEW YORK, June 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Bob Dylan's first new album in five years, Modern Times, will arrive in stores and online August 29. The artist's 44th album features 10 new Bob Dylan songs recorded this winter with Dylan on keyboards, guitars, harmonica and vocals, accompanied by his touring band.

Song titles on Modern Times include "Thunder On The Mountain," "Spirit On The Water," "Workingman's Blues," and "When The Deal Goes Down."

Columbia Records Chairman Steve Barnett stated, "A new Bob Dylan record is an event. Bob is that rare artist whose music defies all trends and resonates throughout all levels of our culture, and he continues to be as contemporary and relevant as any artist in music. We're approaching Modern Times as the third release in an outstanding trilogy of recorded works -- along with Time Out Of Mind and 'Love and Theft.' This is a staggering record by any standards, and is a major priority for our company, worldwide."

Bob Dylan is one of the world's most popular and acclaimed songwriters, musicians and performers, having sold nearly 100 million albums and performed literally thousands of shows around the world in a career spanning five decades.

His most recent studio albums, Time Out Of Mind and "Love & Theft" have been among his most commercially successful and critically lauded, each having sold more than a million copies in the U.S. and earning Grammy nominations for Album Of The Year (Time Out Of Mind won that award in 1998).

He wrote and recorded "Things Have Changed" for the 2000 film Wonder Boys, for which he received both the Academy Award and Golden Globe. The first volume of his memoirs, Chronicles, was one of the most acclaimed and best-selling non-fiction works of 2004, and last year's No Direction Home film, directed by Martin Scorsese, captivated audiences worldwide as it documented Dylan's early career and rise to fame. The film won a Peabody Award in 2006.

Bob Dylan's weekly XM Satellite Radio show, Theme Time Radio Hour, debuted in May and has quickly become one of that network's most popular programs.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:19:52 PM by CD2006 » Logged
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »

I got my Dylan tickets for State College today!  Can't wait to see him again.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 01:38:23 PM »

awesome! Smiley
i saw him last month, and in 2001, we are so lucky to still have him around! beer
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 01:47:45 PM »

awesome! Smiley
i saw him last month, and in 2001, we are so lucky to still have him around! beer

Sweet, how was the show.  The way I see it going to see Dylan is like gambling.  You're gonna enjoy it, but you always hope he plays at least one of your favorite songs.  I think with the new album coming out, the setlist may favor it a bit, but I at least hope to hear one of my core four being
Just Like A Woman, Tangled Up In Blue, The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll or Tonight, I'll be Staying Here With You.  As long as I get one of those I'll be super happy.  But yeah it's great to see Bob still out there ripping it up touring constantly. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »

awesome! Smiley

Sweet, how was the show.? The way I see it going to see Dylan is like gambling.? You're gonna enjoy it, but you always hope he plays at least one of your favorite songs.? I think with the new album coming out, the setlist may favor it a bit, but I at least hope to hear one of my core four being
Just Like A Woman, Tangled Up In Blue, The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll or Tonight, I'll be Staying Here With You.? As long as I get one of those I'll be super happy.? But yeah it's great to see Bob still out there ripping it up touring constantly.?

the show was awesome, dylan's still got it! beer yeah he varies his setlist alot, no wonder when he's touring constantly, but i'm sure you'll enjoy it alot! bob dylan's songs are timeless, so just seeing them played live by the man himself is an experience. when he played "like a rolling stone" i got chills down my spine, thinking that this is the same guy who played that song and changed the world with his music in 1965! a living legend indeed! beer when did you see him last?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »

Went to see him in the summer of '04 in Altoona, PA with Willie Nelson.
Yeah with a catalog like his with like hundreds upon hundreds of songs, each show really gets to be personal.

CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »

have you heard his two latest albums? awesome stuff, i expect the new one to be even better! bob's a genius! beer
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »

have you heard his two latest albums? awesome stuff, i expect the new one to be even better! bob's a genius! beer

Yeah my ex-gf bought me the 15 album hybrid SACD box set with the majority of albums in it two years ago. It has "Love and Theft" which I think is a really great album.  Shit all the Dylan albums are pretty great except Under the Red Sky and a few from the early 80s.  It'd be hard to rank my top five, but i'd probably go.
1. Blonde on Blonde
2. Blood on the Tracks
3. New Morning
4. Highway 61 Revisited
5. Nashville Morning

I also like the Bootleg series releases.......the Rolling Thunder Revue 1975 is my favorite.  Some great versions of oldies on that one especially the version of KOHD with the kickass different lyrics.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: