Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob Dylan  (Read 29314 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 05:15:10 AM »

im really looking forward to this. his last 2 albums have been beauts and if its as strong as either of those 2, dylan fans are in for a treat

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »

"I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past 20 years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ? static? Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it."

So, since Appetite for Destruction and both Use Your Illusions came out within that time period, this must mean Bob Dylan finds them to be "atrocious." Oh, and Prince? He sucks too. So do Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Elton John, Nine Inch Nails, and all those other horrible artists.  Roll Eyes

Oh, and Bob? You made eight albums in the past twenty years.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:46:39 PM by RussianRoulette » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 06:42:27 PM »

funny, especially that last line, but hey... that title is a bit mis-leading dont ya think Huh
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »

funny, especially that last line, but hey... that title is a bit mis-leading dont ya think Huh

The title is a bit misleading since he doesn't specifically mention GN'R, but if he hates all albums within the past 20 years, he hates them too!  ok

Seriously, is Bob off his rocker? Has it all gone to his head or what? He sounds like a major prick here, especially considering the fact that he's bashing technology that has already dated itself (CDs) due to MP3 distribution - PLUS he has his own satellite radio show! Tell me Bob - would you be able to broadcast your show if people didn't use modern technology to listen to music? Um, no.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »

Bob Dylan sounds like a hater whose time has passed him by.

Prince OWNS Bob Dylan

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 06:45:55 PM »

The title is misleading.

Also.. I think hes talking about the sound quality on CD's. That he prefers the warmer sounds of vinyl.

I think you should chill RussianR... lol, you probably read into it too much.

gnrevolution.com
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »

I changed the title.  ok

Maybe you're right - but it's still a stupid thing for him to say.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:15 PM »

If the music is sufficiently interesting, then poor sound recording doesn't matter at all. Many of the greatest death metal songs ever recorded were on 80's demo tapes.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

I changed the title.  ok

Maybe you're right - but it's still a stupid thing for him to say.

I don't know if its stupid either.. some people just prefer older audio formats. They DO sound different to the trained ear anyways. CD and Mp3 have a harsher sound.

Anyways.. I still think the title is misleading.. he only hates any audio format from the last 20 years. He even goes on to say that his own songs probably sounded 7 times better in the studio when they were recording it than on the record.

It's not like he hates the music.. he just doesn't like the way it came out.

Im not even a Dylan fan, im just a fan of misinterpreting.

PS. Walk.. 80's demo tapes could technically be exempt from Dylans "I hate the past 20 years of albums"... tapes are pre CD

gnrevolution.com
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »

I think Bob Dylan has earned the right to say that.  No one has touched anything he's done musically since he started and to the person that said he doesn't like Johnny Cash, Elton John, Bowie and such.......perhaps you should do a little research because those artists have been around more than 20 years.  Dylan and Cash were huge friends and recorded a whole album of songs together that was bootlegged.  Just so ballswingers can relax a sec, Dylan had said a long long time ago that Gnr's version of KOHD was kinda cool. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 08:13:57 PM »

Anyone who thinks he is saying that bands suck are an idiot (ie, everyone on Metal Sludge).

The article is about the audio fidelity of CDs as oppose to vinyl. He is saying that as a result of digital formats album production has sounded poor since compact discs were introduced. He said it when CDs first came out and he is saying it now. Nothing exciting.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:15:41 PM by Tomorrows » Logged
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »

Anyone who thinks he is saying that bands suck are an idiot (ie, everyone on Metal Sludge).

The article is about the audio fidelity of CDs as oppose to vinyl. He is saying that as a result of digital formats album production has sounded poor since compact discs were introduced. He said it when CDs first came out and he is saying it now. Nothing exciting.

listen to AFD on cd then listen to it on tape..

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 09:51:23 PM »

I prefer the sound of vinyl over anything else. Otherwise, it's an inconvenience.
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 11:34:18 PM »

I think Bob Dylan has earned the right to say that.? No one has touched anything he's done musically since he started and to the person that said he doesn't like Johnny Cash, Elton John, Bowie and such.......perhaps you should do a little research because those artists have been around more than 20 years.? Dylan and Cash were huge friends and recorded a whole album of songs together that was bootlegged.? Just so ballswingers can relax a sec, Dylan had said a long long time ago that Gnr's version of KOHD was kinda cool.?
Yea bob has def paid his dues. He is a rock legend he can say what he wants
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 01:46:10 AM »

Prince OWNS Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan is the homeless person's Prince, right?  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »

Prince OWNS Bob Dylan

they are both genius's. He is referring to recording techniques and digital technology as opposed to the talent of artists over the last 20 yrs

he's old school, but there are plenty who agree that analog has a nicer,warmer tone

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »

He's right - Vinyl sounds much better.

As for dissing modern bands, I bet every single poster here has said something similar at one point in there lives.  "Waaaaa, all modern music sucks, etc.."  He Obviously hasn't listened to Muse.  I never thought Dylan was that great anyway.  Pretty decent but not as good as Neil Young.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »

the guy is like 100 why would he like rock music, 'specially since he's so far from that genre himself

I just couldn't see Bob DYlan rocking out to Rage rofl that's like against the law or something hihi

Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »

I always like his writing, his voice is another story.  beer

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »

listen to AFD on cd then listen to it on tape..

I like cassette better, sorry  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: