Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when a U.S.A tour ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: when a U.S.A tour ?  (Read 10076 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 09:23:04 AM »

Why could it not be a test?

A test? Why _would_ it be a test? Why wouldn't the European dates be just as much the real thing as the any other dates?? They're just practicing for the US leg? Right.. From the looks of things about 90% of the dates will be sold out so I don't think they'll come here to 'test'. They'll come here to play rock. Or at least that's what it looks like from my pov.

I don't mean test as in warm up for the "more important" American gigs. I mean test as in judge reactions to new songs, casual response to the new band etc. I just gave what I felt was an answer to Horsey's question as to why GNR haven't announced US dates yet.

As for the arrogance comment, I'm European myself. I'm not some American spouting off about how they are practising for "the important people".

let`s put it this way: did anyone think the north american tour in 2002 was a test for an upcoming tour in europe, since the european tour was cancelled twice in 2001 and no promoter would book gnr there again?

Dumb it down a bit more for me, you've lost me  hihi

some people seem to believe that the european tour is a test for a tour in america, since gnr cancelled their last tour there and now have to convince the american promoters of their ability to make an entire tour without any problems....

going by this logic, the north america tour in 2002 was planned to prove to the european promoters that gnr and especially axl is able to accomplish a full blown tour again....

i guess you know that gnr cancelled two entire european tours in 2001....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »

of course either of that is complete bullshit, but some people seem to think that a tour in the US is the real deal......

it`s right that american promoters are very sceptical about gnr at the moment, but axl owes europe a tour since 2001.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Evolution
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »

Yeah I knew that, closest gig to me was on my birthday that year.

But the logic doesn't take into consideration the situation, nor the point which I tried to make( and I think you missing a little) and people took a totally wrong way. Perhaps my own fault for not expanding on it.

I simply mean this tour is a test in terms of crowd reaction etc. It's a little less intimidating for the band to play their work in front of enthusiastic, sellout crowds than in their home country where the last shows sold a little poorly and the media has a tendency to rip people to shreds.

That's why I think Europe is first on the list, plus it makes up for 2001's disappointment.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »

Europe = Test Audiences

Test audiences for a US tour that will probably start - and end - in disaster.

I'm glad I'm seeing them in Europe (again) for they seem to be more reliable over here, when they do show up.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »

Yeah I knew that, closest gig to me was on my birthday that year.

But the logic doesn't take into consideration the situation, nor the point which I tried to make( and I think you missing a little) and people took a totally wrong way. Perhaps my own fault for not expanding on it.

I simply mean this tour is a test in terms of crowd reaction etc. It's a little less intimidating for the band to play their work in front of enthusiastic, sellout crowds than in their home country where the last shows sold a little poorly and the media has a tendency to rip people to shreds.

That's why I think Europe is first on the list, plus it makes up for 2001's disappointment.

i wasn`t referring to your point, but there were lots of people who said that it was a proof to the US promoters....

Evolution
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »

Cool, nevermind then.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:52 AM »

I had a dream last night that they were gonna play 3 warmup shows in the US.  Somewhere in CA, I'm guessing LA, Chicago, and either NY or Boston.  It was quite a dream.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2006, 12:24:21 PM »

id just be happy with them hitting philly again.and accually doing the gig.it would be great i think.till then i will wait for the tour i guess. crying

the one an only horsey !
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »

If i had to guess about a concert it would probs be in upper United states and in about mid august beggining of september.... it might just be anoth leg to the european tour!  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

one can only hope'

the one an only horsey !
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2006, 12:31:51 PM »

Hopefully not too soon. I'm poor.  Undecided
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2006, 12:37:05 PM »

Europe = Test Audiences

Test audiences for a US tour that will probably start - and end - in disaster.

I'm glad I'm seeing them in Europe (again) for they seem to be more reliable over here, when they do show up.

When they do show up is the key word there...

I think it's more likely that the US promoters are waiting for an album to come out before they let GNR tour again.  GNR got alot of flack touring without hope of an album coming out mid tour.  Even Axl said during 2002 that they just wanted to stretch their legs and not to expect an album.  This hurt concert sales and the US promoters must also figure that Axl's going to try alot harder if he's supporting the album.  This might also explain CC's interest in the release date of CD.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2006, 01:04:29 PM »

i wasn`t referring to your point, but there were lots of people who said that it was a proof to the US promoters....

i wouldnt say the euro tour is intended as a 'test' to prove to US promoters the band can sell tickets, but that's obviously a side effect of the tour-because they wont get gigs anywhere if they cant make it thru this batch of them.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
DCGNR2006
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

I would say November or December. I think they'll regroup after the European tour, and then play only arenas like Madison Square Garden, where they are guaranteed to sell out every time. I think they'll pass on playing to half empty venues in Idaho this time around. I drove an hour and a half through a miserable snow storm to make the MSG show in 02' and it was the best concert I ever saw.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2006, 01:35:27 PM »

I would say November or December. I think they'll regroup after the European tour, and then play only arenas like Madison Square Garden, where they are guaranteed to sell out every time. I think they'll pass on playing to half empty venues in Idaho this time around. I drove an hour and a half through a miserable snow storm to make the MSG show in 02' and it was the best concert I ever saw.

half full venues!!

the negativity really lost it`s marks on this community hihi

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »

of course either of that is complete bullshit, but some people seem to think that a tour in the US is the real deal......

it`s right that american promoters are very sceptical about gnr at the moment, but axl owes europe a tour since 2001.....

You know, he did play some shows there in 2002. Pukkelpop, Leeds, Docklands...
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2006, 02:28:23 PM »

What was the last show of the 2002 tour? does anyone know? ......... I think if they do play in the states they should do as many shows as over in europe or more because this is their home country  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

the philly no show was the last one.but  NY  was the last concert.

the one an only horsey !
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »

so if they are using the old band as promo in some countries would you say this is misleading the fans who might not know and part of their buying tickets is in hope of seeing slash duff izzy or whoever was their fav old gunner?? The old bait n switch hihi

I know i say this all the time, only if the band was not called gnr there would be no getting anything confused, and axl would have to do some leg work on new promo..

But after this tour everyone will know that's for sure, and we better all be owning CD Cheesy

of course it`s misleading, but there isn`t even official promotion stuff out there at the moment.... i could be wrong though, since i`m only aware of the situation here in germany and rock am ring has it`s own promotion......
and they did promote the 2002 tour with the new band.....(boston promo etc...)

the promotional aspect in general seems to be highly disregarded with this band, but as i said before, this could change in a few weeks....

by the way, i agree with you that axl should`ve changed the name.... it would shut everyone up, who criticizes this band and compares it with the old one.....

but in some way i think that axl was always the most important part of gnr. at least to me....

sounds all good before the last sentence, but as you said to you..

It would be funny if in germany they think gnr is reuniting rofl

actually it wouldn`t be fun to those people who come to the concerts to see slash and duff....

but i think germany is a special case, since there is no headlining show, but just rock am ring.... most people who plan to attend rock am ring aren`t just there because of gnr. the casual german doesn`t even know that gnr is about to tour europe this summer and parts of the? german fanbase tend to avoid the rar show and attend concerts in foreign countries..? (conny is a good example for this...)

fortunately you created a thread about this, since it`s really interesting to get to know what the? promotion/media presence in countries with gnr headlining shows is like.....

You are 100000 percent right in that it wouldn't be funny, I was just being sarcastic being some of the regulars here say eevryone knows they are out of the band.. I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt for feeling ripped off or have axl have a hissy fit and fuck it up..
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 05:15:40 PM »

LOL i would be SOOOO Pissed if i flew to europe to see GNR and well they didnt play ... Omy god i would bee soo angry but i cant afford that right now im waiting for the states or canadian Tour

- Stewie Griffin-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: