Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How long has Gn'R been off of the Interscope artists list?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long has Gn'R been off of the Interscope artists list?  (Read 2192 times)
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« on: March 27, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »

I went to the website and they weren't there.   Am I late on something or, or crazy or something?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »

They haven't been on their list for a long, long time. I don't really know why.
lastroots
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:53:17 AM »

If I remember right, they have been off since Interscope has cutt paying for the production of CD.

/lastroots
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:31:36 AM »

i thought they were still funding it, guess i was wrong

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »

About the same amount of time that Geffen has been off their label list..

As in: When Geffen started to operate as an independant entity, rather than just being a "name" used by Interscope, again. Smiley

And you'll notice none of the Geffen artists (Rob Zombie, Avant, Mary K. Blige, Weezer, Lifhouse,etc, etc) are listed on Interscope's page, now.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »

As in: When Geffen started to operate as an independant entity, rather than just being a "name" used by Interscope, again. Smiley

And you'll notice none of the Geffen artists (Rob Zombie, Avant, Mary K. Blige, Weezer, Lifhouse,etc, etc) are listed on Interscope's page, now.

Indeed. They are listed on Geffen's site and Universal Music's but not Interscope's.  ok
madagas
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 09:36:23 AM »

Do you guys think the record will be released on Geffen? Is that a certainty? I wonder if they will sign a new deal for these "albums".....any scoop on this?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »

Do you guys think the record will be released on Geffen? Is that a certainty? I wonder if they will sign a new deal for these "albums".....any scoop on this?

I'm pretty sure, given the information out there, the album will be a Geffen release.

They don't need a new deal...they have a current contract for (I think) the release of 3 albums worth of new material, 1 GH album (left over from the last contract and rolled into this one) and 1 Live Album.

The GH and Live albums were released already. 

Together again,
madagas
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 09:59:21 AM »

I just wonder if Axl is still under the original Gnr deal or if he struck a new one when the old band fell apart. It seems this is the question no one has an answer for. If it was a new deal, I think we would have heard about it. Undecided
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »

I just wonder if Axl is still under the original Gnr deal or if he struck a new one when the old band fell apart. It seems this is the question no one has an answer for. If it was a new deal, I think we would have heard about it. Undecided

If I remember correctly, he signed a new deal just prior to the release of GnR Live Era (back in 98 or 99).? ?Anyone remember the same thing?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:09:09 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:10:17 AM »

I don't think we would hear about it if it is a new deal. Isn't it quite a delicate issue?

If I remember right, they have been off since Interscope has cutt paying for the production of CD.

/lastroots

The New York Post article of last February says
the label thrust a note of withdrawal from the album at Mr. Rose on  Feb. 2 , 2004.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »

I don't think we would hear about it if it is a new deal. Isn't it quite a delicate issue?

/lastroots

the label thrust a note of withdrawal from the album at Mr. Rose on? Feb. 2 , 2004.

Correction, that was the New York Times, which is about twenty times more credible than the NY Post.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

that was the New York Times

My bad. I shouldn't be reading the thread about page six when posting something serious. Tongue
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »

/lastroots

the label thrust a note of withdrawal from the album at Mr. Rose on? Feb. 2 , 2004.

Correction, that was the New York Times, which is about twenty times more credible than the NY Post.
Except of course for the days that Jayson Blair is writing.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

So wait Geffen Starts out as own record label, splits into Geffen and DGC (the 'alternative' label), merges with Interscope, and now splits with interscope to becomes its own label again?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »

So wait Geffen Starts out as own record label, splits into Geffen and DGC (the 'alternative' label), merges with Interscope, and now splits with interscope to becomes its own label again?

Mmmmm, yup...that pretty much covers it.

They're still owned by Universal Music (who also owns Interscope) but they operate as an independant entity now, rather than just an Interscope "brand".

Together again,
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 10:47:48 AM »

Mmmmm, yup...that pretty much covers it.

They're still owned by Universal Music (who also owns Interscope) but they operate as an independant entity now, rather than just an Interscope "brand".

thanks ok

good to know im not insane-somewhat more related to the topic, i wonder how an artist feels with all the wacky mergers-i kguess if the deal is iron-clad they get paid no matter what-bu when Universal and a few others start buying up the market so youre really working for one of maybe 4 major conglomerates if you dont feel nervous when it comes time to renegotiate your deals.

not that it matters to axl, im sure---he seems to do whatever he feels like ireegardless of who he's contracted to.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: