Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 25332 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »

Some of the new songs are better than some of the songs on AFD, so Like I said I am right.

Hell, some of the VR songs are better than some of the songs on Appetite, so I guess that debunks that being a litmus test.

When Axl produces a singular album that is generally regarded as possibly the greatest guitar driven rock album ever written, has another trio of SCOM, Jungle and PC that are still played on all rock formats daily and sporting events everywhere 20 years later, not to mention still moving almost 5,000 copies a week WITHOUT Slash, Duff and Izzy.............THEN you will be right. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2006, 10:18:10 PM »

If the label saw more $$ in OG band than new ,you can bet they would let it happen alright

No they would not. You are insane if you think the label would not sue axl if he trashed all those songs and went with ones he did with slash and duff in 1996. Those songs are not even finished, and they would not let axl go back into the studio to work on them.?

The label wants CD out ASAP, the would never just ok axl pissing away 30m they gave him to reunite with the old band.

Face CD will be out by the summer and axl will be touring? with the? band that made CD minus BH

I am not putting the forth the idea as realistic as I realise it is a longshot.

However, your rationale although not without some merit, doesnt really add up.

Think how profitable an OG album and tour would be? Regardless of whether you think CD would be better or not, OG band = big bucks. More than enough for Geffen or whoever to recoup and or/write off CD as something they can release at a later date, in a different format. New band is still untested and much more of a risk.. both financially and in terms of whether or not they can tour US. OG GNR could tour US and sell out stadiums new album or not.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:22 PM »

Tommys solo stuff and playing is better than Duffs

Fortus can play better than izzy, and until I hear fortus writing, izzy was the better writer.
As for drumming brain blows away matt.
Did you forget to take your meds today Dave? hihi Its clearly obvious that Tommy is NOT better than Duff. I dont understand this 'Fortus is God' bullshit we see from time to time. More than likely, these demos are from before he arrived so you might want to take the name Fortus out and put in Huge, but I would still strongly disagree with your statement. As far as Brain goes, you should wait to hear a little more than 4 year old bootlegs to compare to someone that worked on 3 GNR albums.

I love the new material just as much as anyone here, but to start saying certain members(specifically Fortus) are better than original members is just pure nonsense. Wait until this version of GNR has real albums to compare before reaching such a drastic conclusion.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »

Some of the new songs are better than some of the songs on AFD, so Like I said I am right.

Hell, some of the VR songs are better than some of the songs on Appetite, so I guess that debunks that being a litmus test.

When Axl produces a singular album that is generally regarded as possibly the greatest guitar driven rock album ever written, has another trio of SCOM, Jungle and PC that are still played on all rock formats daily and sporting events everywhere 20 years later, not to mention still moving almost 5,000 copies a week WITHOUT Slash, Duff and Izzy.............THEN you will be right. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

No there not, there is no VR song that is better than any AFD song. Nice try tho

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2006, 10:33:53 PM »

No there not, there is no VR song that is better than any AFD song.

In your opinion perhaps.

I'd take Slither over a song like Anything Goes.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2006, 10:34:24 PM »

Fortus can play better than izzy, and until I hear fortus writing, izzy was the better writer.
Did you forget to take your meds today Dave? hihi Its clearly obvious that Tommy is NOT better than Duff. I dont understand this 'Fortus is God' bullshit we see from time to time. More than likely, these demos are from before he arrived so you might want to take the name Fortus out and put in Huge, but I would still strongly disagree with your statement. As far as Brain goes, you should wait to hear a little more than 4 year old bootlegs to compare to someone that worked on 3 GNR albums.

I love the new material just as much as anyone here, but to start saying certain members(specifically Fortus) are better than original members is just pure nonsense. Wait until this version of GNR has real albums to compare before reaching such a drastic conclusion.

Tommy is much better than duff and its not even close. You need to take off your duff beer goggles. ?Tommys solo work blows away duffs I am sorry. And tommys worth in the mats is great. As for Brain why do you just go by the 2002 tour? I have seen him with primus and BH A LOT plus with guns n roses. ?

As for Fortus playing you have heard his work on tommys album or on his site right?

I find it funny you need to hear them in a gnr setting to see who is better. Jimmy Pagee never played in gnr but I know he is better than slash. Using your logic he needs to play in guns n roses to say that he is better than slash? rofl

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:52:07 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2006, 10:40:15 PM »

Tommy is much better than duff and its not even close. You need to take off your duff beer goggles.  Tommys solo work blows away duffs I am sorry. And tommys worth in the mats is great. As for Brain why do you just go by the 2002 tour? I have seen him with primus and BH A LOT plus with guns n roses. 

Tommy can't hold Duff's jock in terms of what he has accomplished as a musician. I realize you refuse to acknowledge people's work in the context of a band, but comparing Tommy and Duff's resume is laughable.

And as to your earlier quote, Slither could easily fit in on Appetite in place of a few of the weaker songs. I mean it only one a grammy for rock song of the year, but I guess because you say CB sucks it is gospel.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2006, 10:42:46 PM »

I find it funny you need to hear them in a gnr setting to see who is better. Robert Plant never played in gnr but I know he is better than slash. Using your logic he needs to play in guns n roses to say that he is better than slash? rofl

Robert Plant better than Slash?

Are we talking singing abilities or guitar playing abilities? confused

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »

Tommy and Duff are a wash. They're both great... Tommy is perhaps a slightly better all-around musician... Duff is a better bassist.
Slash blows Robin off the stage.
Fortus is a better player... Izzy is a LEGENDARY writer.
Matt v. Brain... like 'em both as drummers... Matt is far more accomplished though (The Cult, GN'R, Neurotic Outsiders, VR)...

And forget the "talent" analysis for a second.... what about the other point... charisma? Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt all had their own personalities and are rock stars in their own right... Robin, Tommy, Brain and Richard could be four guys playing in your neighbor's garage... they're great musicians though... and if CD has some true "big guns" on it... they ?could become mega stars in their own right... but that's by no means certain...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:37 PM »

I find it funny you need to hear them in a gnr setting to see who is better. Robert Plant never played in gnr but I know he is better than slash. Using your logic he needs to play in guns n roses to say that he is better than slash

Jimmy Page is a better guitarist than Slash because his resume is more impressive than Slash's and he was in a band that has an even greater legacy than GNR does.

Tommy has never played on a piece of music that has accomplished half of what Duff has as a musician.

Again, your arguments get back to the difference between you and about 99% of the board. You look at musicians solo work as a litmus test for their musical accomplishments, where most of the board is willing to look at their work within the larger context of a band as evidence to their true musical abilities.

Maybe Tommy's solo stuff was better than Duff's, but last I checked Duff's bass is all over the GNR catalog, and Tommy has nothing in his musical history that can compete with that type of quality.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »

I find it funny you need to hear them in a gnr setting to see who is better. Robert Plant never played in gnr but I know he is better than slash. Using your logic he needs to play in guns n roses to say that he is better than slash? rofl

Robert Plant better than Slash?

Are we talking singing abilities or guitar playing abilities? confused

my bad i meant page. That is what I get for watching 24 while posting on the board.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2006, 10:54:18 PM »

I find it funny you need to hear them in a gnr setting to see who is better. Robert Plant never played in gnr but I know he is better than slash. Using your logic he needs to play in guns n roses to say that he is better than slash

Jimmy Page is a better guitarist than Slash because his resume is more impressive than Slash's and he was in a band that has an even greater legacy than GNR does.

Tommy has never played on a piece of music that has accomplished half of what Duff has as a musician.

Again, your arguments get back to the difference between you and about 99% of the board. You look at musicians solo work as a litmus test for their musical accomplishments, where most of the board is willing to look at their work within the larger context of a band as evidence to their true musical abilities.

Maybe Tommy's solo stuff was better than Duff's, but last I checked Duff's bass is all over the GNR catalog, and Tommy has nothing in his musical history that can compete with that type of quality.

You might want to ask the mats fans about that. You dont think the mats were a great band? Duff is a decent bass player, he isnt as good as tommy by a long shot.

And why is going by a solo album bad? It shows what duff could do with out axl and we get? believe in me, it was garbage

I dont see why people think Axl woud go back with duff and slash when his new version of gnr have finally finished CD. Give me a break
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:03:18 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »

As would I but in that same regard, Id take IRS, Catcher, TWAT, or Better over anything on Contraband....

As well as Out Ta Get Me, Think About You, You're Crazy.....Lies version is far better Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »

You might want to ask the mats fans about that. You dont think the mats were a great band?

For their genre they were great. GNR were playing in a different league though in terms of impact, legacy and just about every measurable possible.

The argument about talent versus intangibles is best seen when looking at Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning. Manning would objectively be considered more talented, but Brady is regarded as the better quarterback because he has 3 rings, and Manning none.

So it just depends on whether you value pure individual talent in a player, or an intagible ability to blend your skills with the strengths of others to produce the best possible group result.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »

You might want to ask the mats fans about that. You dont think the mats were a great band?

For their genre they were great. GNR were playing in a different league though in terms of impact, legacy and just about every measurable possible.

The argument about talent versus intangibles is best seen when looking at Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning. Manning would objectively be considered more talented, but Brady is regarded as the better quarterback because he has 3 rings, and Manning none.

So it just depends on whether you value pure individual talent in a player, or an intagible ability to blend your skills with the strengths of others to produce the best possible group result.

Wrong Brady is more talented than Manning also. Manning like Duff always had more talent around him thus people think he is better.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2006, 11:21:41 PM »

As would I but in that same regard, Id take IRS, Catcher, TWAT, or Better over anything on Contraband....

As well as Out Ta Get Me, Think About You, You're Crazy.....Lies version is far better Wink

I agree 100% AxlsMainMan, but please put Axl on the vocals.  ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2006, 12:39:44 AM »

Thats what it is.. Everyone needs to listen to them words.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:49 AM »

IM gonna stick up for Dave on this , since I have saenn GNR 14 times. since87, and saw Izyy, and Fortus, Fortus rocks ! , and besides that I have seen Fortus on numerous ocassions, playing in more smaller intimate club locales, and he is fuckin phenonminal. I will not take away Izzys written, as for I dontr know what was wrritten or contributed by Fortus, but as far as playing. YES I take FORTUS!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2006, 08:39:41 AM »

And you know what?

My dad could beat up your dad.......

Roll Eyes

Why does whether Tommy or Duff is better matter one iota?  Tommy is in GnR.  Duff is in VR.  It's not like they're competing for a job.....

All I know is they're both better bassists than I am, both have played on music I enjoy, and both have a shitload of talent.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »

You might want to ask the mats fans about that. You dont think the mats were a great band? Duff is a decent bass player, he isnt as good as tommy by a long shot.

And why is going by a solo album bad? It shows what duff could do with out axl and we get? believe in me, it was garbage

I dont see why people think Axl woud go back with duff and slash when his new version of gnr have finally finished CD. Give me a break

"Belive in Me" it's really great record. Stinson rercord sounds like a shit. I hope he is out. Fucking "yes man".

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: