Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 25329 times)
madagas
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2006, 09:04:15 AM »

Personally, I think Gnr and the Mats are about even. From a critical acclaim standpoint, the Replacements are probably more respected. I'll put up Let It Be, Tim, and Pleased to Meet Me against AFD, UYI 1, and UYI 2 anyday of the week. Most of you guys have never listened to a Replacements record so you are talking out your ass. Plus, the Mats had three or four more albums (Hootenanny is great as well) whereas Gnr's catalog is pretty thin. The Mats actually released music. As far as Tommy goes, I think he is a much better overall musician/artist than Duff.....especially his solo stuff with Perfect and Bash and Pop (an album pretty close in quality to an Izzy record)? plus Village Gorilla Head which is well beyond Duff's abilities as a writer. In the end, I like both bands but to slag off the Mats ----NAUPIS-----is to be pretty ignorant of rock history.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:10:44 AM by madagas » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2006, 09:06:33 AM »

Personally, I think Gnr and the Mats are about even. From a critical acclaim standpoint, the Replacements are probably more respected. I'll put up Let It Be, Tim, and Pleased to Meet Me against AFD, UYI 1, AND UYI 2 anyday of the week. Most of you guys have never listened to a Replacements record so you are talking out your ass. Plus, the Mats had three or four more albums whereas Gnr's catalog is pretty thin. They actually released music. As far as Tommy goes, I think he takes a big ol dump all over Duff...especially his solo stuff with Perfect and Bash and Pop (an album pretty close in quality to an Izzy record)? plus Village Gorilla Head which is well beyond Duff's abilities as a writer. In the end, I like both bands but to slag off the Mats ----NAUPIS-----is to be pretty ignorant of rock history.

The people that think Duff is better than Tommy have not even heard Tommys stuff away from the new gnr.

IM gonna stick up for Dave on this , since I have saenn GNR 14 times. since87, and saw Izyy, and Fortus, Fortus rocks ! , and besides that I have seen Fortus on numerous ocassions, playing in more smaller intimate club locales, and he is fuckin phenonminal. I will not take away Izzys written, as for I dontr know what was wrritten or contributed by Fortus, but as far as playing. YES I take FORTUS!!!

Exactally like I said. Izzy is the better song writter but Fortus is the better player. I dont know why people cannot admit this. Izzy was never the best guitar player. Im not saying he isnt good but for ability Fotus is much better.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:08:25 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »

Fortus is a much better player than Izzy-no question about it. He is closer in skills to Slash. However, his writing ability isn't in the same league yet. ok

He is closer in skills to Slash. rofl rofl rofl Are you stoned??? Izzy is not the best guitar player it's true, but Fortus too. He is avarage guitar player.  Nobody knows except GN'R fans who is Richard Fortus.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:18:24 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2006, 09:14:05 AM »

Fortus is a much better player than Izzy-no question about it. He is closer in skills to Slash. However, his writing ability isn't in the same league yet. ok

He is closer in skills to Slash. rofl rofl rofl Are you stoned???

Its true, Fortus is a great lead guitairst.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2006, 09:14:23 AM »

There are thousands of players in the world as good as Slash-technically. That doesn't mean they can write a memorable riff or song. ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:33 AM »

So CD won't be released in April cause some think Tommy is better than Duff?  confused

The never ending CD saga is like the Achilles and the turtle case...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2006, 09:22:42 AM »

I can't really compare Fortus and Izzy since I've never been to a GN'R gig  nervous However, the bootlegs I've seen suggest that Fortus is an amazing guitarist. I hope the tour goes really well for him and that he really gets into the public eye. He deserves it.

Bring on Paris!
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2006, 09:23:50 AM »

can you tell me ?title of the song in which Fortus plays Lead guitar? (Released song)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:28:02 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

UseYourIllusion999
Opening Act

...Use Your Illusion...

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2006, 11:32:52 AM »

I believe the lead guitar part in "Better" is actually Fortus...if not the whole thing definetly the harder rocking end part

What's it with you man, and this garden?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2006, 11:42:38 AM »

I believe the lead guitar part in "Better" is actually Fortus...if not the whole thing definetly the harder rocking end part

Well that's cool. Better is an amazing song.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »

My hope is on THIS YEAR.

Not any particular month.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »

I'm not so sure of that. No one really knows what parts were authored/played by Finck, Fortus. It is possible although doubtful that Bucket played the slow melodic solo at the end of the metallicity.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »

they aren't promoting the tour so why put out an album Undecided
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2006, 12:40:04 PM »

can you tell me  title of the song in which Fortus plays Lead guitar? (Released song)
Any song off the Love Spit Love, Honkey Toast, Pale Divine albums has Richard doing great Lead work. Hes known by alot more people then just guns fans  ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2006, 12:48:04 PM »

can you PM me some of his Lead work with Love Spit Love or other bands he played in? thanks.

On "Better", the last solo (the most melodious one) is played by Robin. It's his tone, and his style. I think Richard may play on Rythm guitar, I think it's him but I'm not sure. Buckethead plays on the first (ultra speed) solo and the Metallish part.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

The people that think Duff is better than Tommy have not even heard Tommys stuff away from the new gnr.

I've heard and love all of Tommy's non-GN'R work. I just don't necessarily think of him as this legendarily fantastic BASSIST though... a GREAT all-around musician.... and quite an impressive guitarist, lyricist and singer to boot.

On the other hand, if nothing else, Duff McKagan is on any short list of all-time great rock BASSISTS. His work as a BASSIST on AFD and UYI is legendary... Duff's playing is part and parcel with Axl's piercing vocals and Slash's killer riffs as the key ingredients of the classic GN'R sound... all part of recipe.

But it's certainly possible that Axl, Robin, Richard and Tommy have a great kick ass recipe of their own... the talent is definitely there...

BTW: I remember reading that a ton of mutual respect exists between Duff and Tommy... which is pretty cool... if I'm not mistaken they've both refererred to the other as "legends" in various interviews as well. peace
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:58:11 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »

I've heard and love all of Tommy's non-GN'R work. I just don't necessarily think of him as this legendarily fantastic BASSIST though... a GREAT all-around musician.... and quite an impressive guitarist, lyricist and singer to boot.

On the other hand, if nothing else, Duff McKagan is on any short list of all-time great rock BASSISTS. His work as a BASSIST on AFD and UYI is legendary... Duff's playing is part and parcel with Axl's piercing vocals and Slash's killer riffs as the key ingredients of the classic GN'R sound... all part of recipe.

But it's certainly possible that Axl, Robin, Richard and Tommy have a great kick ass recipe of their own... the talent is definitely there...

No, I think Tommy's great as well as Duff. I don't think it's better to say one's better than the other although I do prefer Mr. Stinson.
madagas
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2006, 01:14:51 PM »

Speaking of Tommy and the Replacements. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://www.buddyhead.com/gossip/
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2006, 01:26:33 PM »

He did some recording in 2004 with Paul, and now again.  Tommy has put too much into Chinese Democracy, personally, to walk away.  But if you think a bonafide rock star, like Tommy, is happy waiting around for Axl, then you have another thing coming.   This is further proof that a) nothing is set in stone with the new band--as they easily can get fed up and walk away to other projects and b) if this does not happen in 2006, then I would expect at least Tommy to re-join Paul Westerburg for a glorious Replacements reunion tour, that will sell out theatres across the U.S. in seconds.  In fact, I think the Mats to some degree, may finally be getting the love they deserved twenty years ago.   I know Paul's mgr, Darren, and was able to hang out with them for a week's worth of gigs last year on Paul's tour (kick ass live)!  Tommy and Paul have made amends, and will at some point tour again.  Take it to the bank.  ok
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »

He did some recording in 2004 with Paul, and now again.? Tommy has put too much into Chinese Democracy, personally, to walk away.? But if you think a bonafide rock star, like Tommy, is happy waiting around for Axl, then you have another thing coming.? ?This is further proof that a) nothing is set in stone with the new band--as they easily can get fed up and walk away to other projects and b) if this does not happen in 2006, then I would expect at least Tommy to re-join Paul Westerburg for a glorious Replacements reunion tour, that will sell out theatres across the U.S. in seconds.? In fact, I think the Mats to some degree, may finally be getting the love they deserved twenty years ago.? ?I know Paul's mgr, Darren, and was able to hang out with them for a week's worth of gigs last year on Paul's tour (kick ass live)!? Tommy and Paul have made amends, and will at some point tour again.? Take it to the bank.? ok

I hope that Replacements has reunited and Stinson "Yes man"  is out!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: