Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Queen on American Idol - What if GNR?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen on American Idol - What if GNR?  (Read 5750 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

You know why Freddie died again? Because Paula Abdul stated that Innuendo hasn't been performed live by Queen because nobody can sing it and Simon Cowell said it's not a very good song.

For someone who's doing a lot of whining about how embarassing this is for Queen... you sure seem to know a lot about what goes on in American Idol.  Roll Eyes
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »

You know why Freddie died again? Because Paula Abdul stated that Innuendo hasn't been performed live by Queen because nobody can sing it and Simon Cowell said it's not a very good song.

For someone who's doing a lot of whining about how embarassing this is for Queen... you sure seem to know a lot about what goes on in American Idol.? Roll Eyes

Got me there... I can blame it on my wife for insisting on watching but the truth is its like a car wreck I can't avoid looking at.  I'm not a huge Queen fan, so I can deal with it.  My ultimate point is that if it ever came to this with GNR, I would throw up in my mouth.
speed_stone
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 03:22:12 PM »

First sign of the apocalypse:? Queen's songs were featured on American Idol last night and Brian May was involved in coaching the contestants.? My friend is a huge Queen fan and he is now on 24/7 suicide watch.? And Freddie Mercury just died again.

What if it were GNR?? Can you imagine these little idiots trying to sing Mr. Brownstone with Adler preparing them?? I would light myself on fire.

I beg you, please don't say that since Brian May played on CITR that means GNR was technically on the show.

lol hihi
don't worry, axl would never even consider doing such a thing...
(i think nervous)
just kidding, we all know how unpredictable axl rose is hihi
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »

Isn't Prince going to be on the show next week?? I think I heard that somewhere.

And even though it's weird to see a band like Queen on there, and I can understand where most of you are coming from, if you look at it from a business standpoint, their appearance on AI was very, very smart. I'm sure they've had a boost in sales today because of their appearance last nite. And with so many young people watching AI, many of them had probably never heard of Queen, but probably knew songs like "We Will Rock You" and "Bohemian Rhapsody;" so, by seeing them on the show and now knowing their name, they'll probably go out and buy a Queen record. It was a good way to introduce themselves to a younger generation.

Here Today . . .
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »

Isn't Prince going to be on the show next week?? I think I heard that somewhere.

And even though it's weird to see a band like Queen on there, and I can understand where most of you are coming from, if you look at it from a business standpoint, their appearance on AI was very, very smart. I'm sure they've had a boost in sales today because of their appearance last nite. And with so many young people watching AI, many of them had probably never heard of Queen, but probably knew songs like "We Will Rock You" and "Bohemian Rhapsody;" so, by seeing them on the show and now knowing their name, they'll probably go out and buy a Queen record. It was a good way to introduce themselves to a younger generation.

Yes, if you look at it from a business standpoint.  I was looking at it from the "guy who spends way too much time on a GNR message board" standpoint.

Prince?  Another GNR connection!  Duff helped Adler become a better drummer with the help of Prince's music.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »

Got me there... I can blame it on my wife for insisting on watching but the truth is its like a car wreck I can't avoid looking at.  I'm not a huge Queen fan, so I can deal with it.  My ultimate point is that if it ever came to this with GNR, I would throw up in my mouth.

if GNR was ever featured on american idol--i'd know i had died- because  that would be the apocalypse.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 06:16:39 PM »

Man i saw Mcphee performance and i wasnt pleased at all, she was too happy and the song was supposed to be very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWhj2k6JJ0&search=queen%20american%20idol

No man can be my equal
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »

Thanks, chief.

I guess I just take this thing personally because it destroys the legacies of bands that meant so much to us at a time in our lives. ?Another example is The Who. ?They sold the song Bargain for a Nissan commercial. ?That song was about giving up all material possessions in exchange for inner spiritual peace. ?So they sell the song for a commercial? ?Very disillusioning.

Makes Axl's lawsuit with Slash and Duff all the more important. ?Seems like Slash and Duff are ready to license the old songs for anything.

But Axl selling WTTJ to a video game named "Grand Theft Auto" is a good thing ok

It's a very good thing. If I hadn't heard WTTJ on the GTA: SA commercial, I wouldn't be here right now. I wasn't born when WTTJ and AFD were releasd, and when I heard WTTJ during the GTA commercial, I was blown away. That song got me into GN'R and eventually hard rock and metal entirely. I never bought the game, but the commercial alone drastically changed my life. I don't know how I lived before GN'R.  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
tugboat28330
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 02:35:37 AM »

It's all about MONEY  hihi
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 04:23:50 AM »

I think you meant ITS All about Money! Wink

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »

Yeah I caught that the other night and a friend asked that same question.  I hate the idea that GNR could be involved in that ridiculous show but I'd probably do my best to validate it.  It is a ratings blockbuster (somehow).  So it'd be good exposure.  That's what I would tell myself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: