Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  so is John 5 the replacement
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: so is John 5 the replacement  (Read 27360 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2006, 01:16:12 PM »

Maybe if J5 is in the band he could play November Rain without completely butchering it.
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2006, 01:20:55 PM »

I just saw John 5 play with Rob Zombie at the Myth in St. Paul.  It was a great show.  J5 would be a great choice!  As a joke near the end of the show the band kicked into "Sweet Dreams", then stopped, switched to Poison's "Nothing But A Good Time" then stopped again, before starting a Zombie song.  I think J5 playing "Paradise City" a few weeks back was just more of this band having fun, not really a secret hint of things to come.  It'd sure be cool though...

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
SADIS
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

Why is this thread still going? It's based on nothing but a rumour.......there's just as big a chance that Slash will play than John 5
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2006, 01:24:36 PM »

Gigger didnt write this blog right?

John 5 in Guns N Roses?
I think he would be the perfect addition to the new GnR. I have seen him play live with Halford (Two), Manson and Zombie. He also played with David Lee for an album. Amazing player, great stage presences. Check out his "Vertigo" album. His band, Loser, was supposed to be touring in May BUT I am told by bookers they are canceling the tour. Most clubs have removed them from their website. This could free him up for a few weeks of rehearsal with GnR before they hit Europe in late May. Speaking of Guns n Roses... The leaked demo tracks sound amazing. There is a song called, "Better" that is one of the best rock tracks I have heard in years. IRS is ALSO Killer. People sometime forget what a great songwriter Axl Rose is. He has written some of the true rock classics of the past 19 years... and it sounds like more of them are on the way. For more on John 5 and GnR listen to the recent Talking Metal podcasts.

BUT AGAIN - I know nothing official on John 5 or GnR... no one does. Dizzy Reed said recently on WMMR that he doesn't even know what is going except GnR are playing this summer. It is all guess work my friends.

BUT I was told by someone on the Rob Zombie tour that GnR management had contacted John 5.... I was not told why they were contacting but you would think it might be about playing guitar for one of their artists.

If not then that could  be here he got his info from.

No, Mark Strigl from Talking Metal wrote that blog.

It was Strigl's speculation AND his statement that he knew GN'R management had contacted John 5 that started the curiosity about this situation, at least for me.

There's nothing fraudulent about discussing the possibility of someone joining the band, especially when it's been reported that he was contacted by GN'R management.

Ali
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »

I don't think the RIR official website would call it "a surprise" if it were John 5... I mean come on... he is not really famous. You call something or someone "a? surprise" when he has an aura, when he is famous, when it's something big. This is not the case of John 5 (to tell you the truth, I still don't have a dawn clue of who he is, or barely in picture). I think if it were John 5, Nobody would care and nobody would call it "a surprise".
Anyway, I think it could be Izzy on 1 or 2 songs...who knows...wait and see ? Tongue
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:14:44 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:42 PM »

Could also be Izzy on 1 or 2 songs...who knows. Wait and see.

That's about all we can do is wait and see....and you're right nesquick...could be anybody

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:09 PM »

I don't think the RIR official website would call it "a surprise" if it were John 5... I mean come on... he is not really famous. You call something or someone "a? surprise" when he has an aura, when he is famous, when it's something big. This is not the case of John 5 (to tell you the truth, I still don't have a dawn clue of who he is, or barely in picture). I think if it were John 5, Nobody would care and nobody would call it "a surprise".
Anyway, I think it could be Izzy on 1 or 2 songs...who knows...wait and see ? Tongue
keep dreaming dude!
and J5 is famous.. at least more relevant and famous in today's music bussines than izzy

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »

yeah...I mean imagine the thing: "Ladies and Gentlemen, he is the surprise!"....and then you see John 5 walking onstage...2 claps in the public...people looking at each other..."john who?"...and then....silence...riot. hihi
nah, I don't believe it. I think it will be someone famous ok
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:58:53 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »

The surprise will be Axl performing again hihi

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »

Suprise, Beta is the new guitarist!  Cheesy

Here today...ready to rock
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05:19 AM »

Rob Zombie dates now extended beyond May 5th.
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2006, 10:09:02 AM »

The first show is in NYC (and I cant wait to be there!!!!) so....the third guitarist will be.....

BUMBLEFOOT!!! (BEST RUMOR LAST YEAR).

Hey, why not?!?!?

Grin
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2006, 10:18:44 AM »

The first show is in NYC (and I cant wait to be there!!!!) so....the third guitarist will be.....

Hey, why not?!?!?

Grin

If thats the case he needs to leave that ugly-ass bumblebee guitar at home.

yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2006, 10:20:08 AM »

who is bumblefoot? Sounds like he should be playing at kids parties, not with guns n roses
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2006, 10:21:52 AM »

Hey, why not?!?!?

Grin

If thats the case he needs to leave that ugly-ass bumblebee guitar at home.

bumblefoot tours europe this summer but he has conflicts with GnR dates Undecided

25 MAY Moscow, Russia  Apelsinclub  All ages show...
26-28 MAY Moscow, Russia  Druzhba sports hall "MusicFest" Festival
30 MAY (to be announced...)     
31 MAY Brussels, Belgium Le Botanique (Witloof Bar) w/Youri De Groote
01 JUNE Paris, France La Sc?ne Bastille w/Metal Kartoon
02 JUNE Nantes, France Le Floride   
03 JUNE Brest, France MJC/MPT Harteloire   
21-24 JUNE Raleigh, NC Raleigh Music Academy Guitar Workshop, w/Greg Howe
CLICK FOR INFO / POSTER
4-9 AUG G?teborg, Sweden Freak Guitar Camp Guitar Workshop, w/Mattias Eklundh
17-18 AUG Mexico City, Mexico World Trade Center "Expo Rock" Festival 

SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:10 AM »

who is bumblefoot? Sounds like he should be playing at kids parties, not with guns n roses

Ron Thal. This was a serious rumor last year. He disclosed that he was in talks with GNR.
speed_stone
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2006, 10:26:17 AM »

yeah...I mean imagine the thing: "Ladies and Gentlemen, he is the surprise!"....and then you see John 5 walking onstage...2 claps in the public...people looking at each other..."john who?"...and then....silence...riot. hihi
nah, I don't believe it. I think it will be someone famous ok

stop biting my jokes and close this topic unless it has any truth to it, thank you.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »

Ron Thal. This was a serious rumor last year. He disclosed that he was in talks with GNR.
Foolishly, as it turned out, because Axl doesn't like people actually keeping their fans informed. For daring to, y'know, try and quash rumours that he'd actually joined GN'R and clarifying the situation, he was summarily dropped by GN'R. More evidence, if it were needed, that Axl can be a right twat at times...  Roll Eyes

http://www.myspace.com/bumblefoot <- there's a video on there. He's quite Buckethead-esque.

SG
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: