Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 140609 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2005, 03:47:26 AM »

album: Youthanasia. all the songs are really strong and diverse. The System Has Failed would be a close second.

song: it depends on my mood but right now I'd go with Angry Again because it just kicks ass. It's really hard to pick just one though. The Symphony of Destruction is probably the quintessential Megadeth song. A Tout Le Monde is really beautiful. I really like the lyrics to I Thought I Knew It All. A lot of people were turned off by Crush 'Em, but I think it really rocks, it's also up there with my favorites. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot 99 Ways To Die, which was the first Megadeth song I ever heard and I've been hooked ever since.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:59:02 AM by POPmetal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

Why does Dave feel so bad about Metallica? to me Megadeth are right up there with Metallica in most ways and they definitely rock harder.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2005, 10:42:50 AM »

Wow!  That's a tough question dude Grin

Where to start. Uh... My favorite tune from each album?

I started looking at all my megadeth albums and I really couldn't pick just one.

killing is my buisiness....   - #8 - Mechanix
peace sells....                   - #3 - Peace sells
so far so good so what    - #6 - In my Darkest Hour (Fucking wicked tune!!! awesome tribute to Burton)
rust in peace                    - #2 - Hangar 18
countdown                       - #4 - Foreclosure of a Dream
youthanasia                     - really tough but I'll go with #2 - Train of consequences
hidden treasures             - #5 - 99 ways to die
cryptic writings                 - #3 - Use the man
risk                                   - #1 - Insom-nee-om-nee-om-nia  Grin
capitol punishemnt           - #1 - Kill the king - cool track on a greatest hits
the world needs a hero    - #1 - Disconnect
the system has failed       - #4 - the Scorpion

Actually after all that I'll pick "In My Darkest Hour" as my favorite tune

My favorite album? hmm.... Without picking the live album or the greatest hits I'll say "Youthanasia" I guess, "the World needs a hero" is pretty awesome too though.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2005, 01:43:23 PM »

Rust In Peace - Best Album

In My Darkest Hour - Best Song

I'm seeing them in August at the Hard Rock in Orlando ok My first Megadeth show and its in a nice little comfy venue beer

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2005, 02:01:54 PM »

Peace sells-album and song

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »

Why does Dave feel so bad about Metallica? to me Megadeth are right up there with Metallica in most ways and they definitely rock harder.

I think he is more pissed at the fact Metallica has made more money .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2005, 04:30:07 PM »

I think he is more pissed at the fact Metallica has made more money .

He was in the band (metallica I mean) and he co-wrote the majority of the songs and helped name the band. then they went on a tour to NY (they were from LA? is that correct?) and once they got to NY and they fired him (Kirk Hammett was in NY waiting for them) and left him to find his own way home and they were all broke so basically he was all alone in NY with no money and No way home. then when they released thier 1st album most of the songs he wrote were still on the album (but recorded by hammett) and he received no recognition for it (I think) until later. I believe the orginal credits didn't show mustaine as a writer for the songs. But, I could be wrong. (also when metallica's second album came out they still used some of mustaine's songs.) So basically he made megadeth, originally, to show the world he was better than metallica. now metallica has like 8 original studio albums and Megadeth has 10 albums and a b-sides album.

Personally I think Megadeth has only gotten better over the years while I believe Metallica has dwindled to a shell of it's former greatness.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2005, 05:36:18 PM »

Yeah, as of right now Dave is on top.  His last album was great while Metallica's last album was terrible.  Also at this point Dave is much more respected by people.  Metallica has become somewhat of a joke after the movie, the shitty album, and the whole Napster thing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
POPmetal
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2005, 06:17:02 PM »

(they were from LA? is that correct?)
I think Metallica was from the San Francisco bay area.

Personally I think Megadeth has only gotten better over the years while I believe Metallica has dwindled to a shell of it's former greatness.
That's sooo true? beer
dustNroses
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »

(they were from LA? is that correct?)
I think Metallica was from the San Francisco bay area.

I think their manager relocated them to san fran from LA. I could be wrong but i remember something about that on the VH1 Megadeth thing. And your right . St Anger was a piss poor effort for a band that have alot of potential.  Megadeth are on top and will remain there, I just hope TSHF isnt their last offering, Despite what Dave himself says. beer
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2005, 08:11:18 PM »

Rust in Piece was their peak, and Youthanasia is the last one worth getting. Tornado of Souls is my favorite song, but they have so many great ones, it's impossible to pick a "best".

Countdown to Extinction was really a sellout album for Megadeth. The songs got slower and simpler. Every album after it was worse than the previous. Unlike Metallica's crash with their self-titled album, Megadeth has just slowly decayed. In a way, it's much more depressing to watch.  no
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2005, 10:08:26 PM »

Rust in Piece was their peak, and Youthanasia is the last one worth getting. Tornado of Souls is my favorite song, but they have so many great ones, it's impossible to pick a "best".

Countdown to Extinction was really a sellout album for Megadeth. The songs got slower and simpler. Every album after it was worse than the previous. Unlike Metallica's crash with their self-titled album, Megadeth has just slowly decayed. In a way, it's much more depressing to watch. no
Any time a band reaches its creative zenith fans like you SHOUT SELLOUT!!!  The truth of the matter is, CTE has the best lyrical content and musical arrangements of any Megadeth album released.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
psycotron
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2005, 10:42:13 PM »

album-rust in peace
song- 5 magics or tornado of souls. i really like the intro in 5 magics
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2005, 12:52:03 AM »

Not that I think CTE or Youtahasia were bad, but The System Has Failed was a step in the other direction for Dave.  The songs once again got faster and heavier.  Also I disagree that Youth is the last one worth getting.  Cryptic Writings is a good album.  In fact I think its actually heavier and faster than Youth.  And I know the reason why.  Look at the song writing credits for the songs on Youth, most of the songs are written by the whole band collectively, but on CW Mustaine gets sole credit for most songs like on the older albums.  Megadeth is at their best when the rest of the guys step back and let Dave do the writing...that's why the newest album was so good.  Marty Friedman is one of the best guitarists there ever was, but his songwriting and musical taste may be somewhat questionable.  That's why he's in Japan making pop music instead of being in Megadeth making playing metal like he should be.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2005, 05:03:43 AM »

Tornado of Souls is my favorite song,

Mine too - and yet it doesn't make the best of...again! Thankfully they play it live

Countdown to Extinction was really a sellout album for Megadeth.

Who cares? If its good music, then who really cares?
Every album after it was worse than the previous.

Bah - i think Cryptic Writings and The System has failed are joint second best (after RIP) - i see Megadeth getting much much better

Unlike Metallica's crash with their self-titled album, Megadeth has just slowly decayed. In a way, it's much more depressing to watch.  no

Bah!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2005, 11:03:12 AM »

Anyone heard Mustaine's MD 45 album?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2005, 11:09:53 AM »

yes ,that a fucking good album.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2005, 12:04:07 PM »

What is it all about? does he just play guitar or does he sing too?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2005, 12:35:21 PM »

What is it all about? does he just play guitar or does he sing too?

on the older version he just played guitar ,but on the remastered version he went back did the singing s him self .

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2005, 02:42:27 PM »

Let's just clear one thing up - Megadeth's out and out metal is better than Metallica  peace
And Dave is a millions times better than Kirk Hammett  peace

Album - Rust in Peace
Song - Holy Wars

Sooo hard to choose the above though.  I own albums Peace Sells through to The System... except MD45 and The World Needs a Hero.  Youthanasia is my least favourite, I even like Risk more.

Rust in Peace is just such an unbelievable album.  It picks you up at the start of Holy Wars and doesn't stop your adrenaline rushing until the last note on Polaris.  Even on Dawn Patrol where it slows down, that bass riff is incredibly affecting.  High spots are the intro on Hangar 18 (genious), the intro and outro on Five Magics (that outro is  Shocked), Tornado of souls' solo ( Shocked).  It's usually available for about ?5 on Amazon.  It could be the best ?5 ever spent!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: