Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141625 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #480 on: April 24, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »

just got back from Gigantour in NYC last night....great set by Megadeth...i highly recommend checking it out...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #481 on: April 26, 2008, 04:25:55 AM »

yep, my third time....
snap! i got tickets to four more venues now...making a bit of a holiday out of it! peace

I know i'm gonna get flamed  but cryptic writings is probably my fave album of theirs,i know it's not like their usual songs but i still think the album rocks.I still adore their heavy songs aswell though.

no way, cryptic writings is awesome!! some of my favourite tracks are off that album yes ok

Glad i'm not the only one who likes this album,there is some amazing songs on there.

yeah cryptic writings is good....my favorites are So Far and Countdown...but i really do like them all...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2008, 10:53:32 AM »

yep, my third time....
snap! i got tickets to four more venues now...making a bit of a holiday out of it! peace

I know i'm gonna get flamed  but cryptic writings is probably my fave album of theirs,i know it's not like their usual songs but i still think the album rocks.I still adore their heavy songs aswell though.

no way, cryptic writings is awesome!! some of my favourite tracks are off that album yes ok

Glad i'm not the only one who likes this album,there is some amazing songs on there.

yeah cryptic writings is good....my favorites are So Far and Countdown...but i really do like them all...

Oh man I love Cryptic Writings. I think it's some of Dave's best work ever. Especially considering the fact it's sandwhiched between what may be Dave's two worst albums: Youthanasia and Risk.I remember about a year after CW came out I read an interview with Dave where he said the next album would be a cross between CW and Peace Sells. I was pretty psyched but from what I've always heard Lars said some shit about Dave in an interview about how he should take more "Risks" musically. So, what coulda been a great album was apparently scrapped for the worst work of Dave's career.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2008, 06:12:27 AM »

yep, my third time....

Oh man I love Cryptic Writings. I think it's some of Dave's best work ever. Especially considering the fact it's sandwhiched between what may be Dave's two worst albums: Youthanasia and Risk.I remember about a year after CW came out I read an interview with Dave where he said the next album would be a cross between CW and Peace Sells. I was pretty psyched but from what I've always heard Lars said some shit about Dave in an interview about how he should take more "Risks" musically. So, what coulda been a great album was apparently scrapped for the worst work of Dave's career.

Youthanasia was one of Megadeths BEST albums in my opinon...right behind Countdown and So Far So Good...i think their worst record by far was The world needs a hero...that one sucked...Risk had a few good songs on it...The remastered version Dave did is way better than the one released in 1999...
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #484 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

yep, my third time....

Youthanasia was one of Megadeths BEST albums in my opinon...right behind Countdown and So Far So Good...i think their worst record by far was The world needs a hero...that one sucked...Risk had a few good songs on it...The remastered version Dave did is way better than the one released in 1999...

I agree with your comment about youthanasia but don't agree with what you said about The World Needs A Hero,i think it's a really catchy album yes
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #485 on: April 28, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »

yep, my third time....

I guess we gotta totally different taste cause I don't see how anyone could make a list of their favorite megadeth albums and mention those three ahead of Peace sells and Rust in peace which are far superior to me. Risk was the worst thing I ever heard until St anger came out. But again my opinion is just real different from yours I guess.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2008, 04:52:30 AM »

yep, my third time....

I guess we gotta totally different taste cause I don't see how anyone could make a list of their favorite megadeth albums and mention those three ahead of Peace sells and Rust in peace which are far superior to me. Risk was the worst thing I ever heard until St anger came out. But again my opinion is just real different from yours I guess.

I think Peace Sells is awesome..just not as good as countdown,youthanasia and so far so good...Rust in Peace gets alot of credit...but after Holy Wars and Hangar 18 I usually turn it off...I cant put Rust In Peace up with the other records if I shut the thing off after the first two tracks on the album.....I mean i am just nitpicking here...I love all of Megadeths albums...when I say The world needs a hero sucked I am saying it is my least favorite Megadeth album...its still better than anything Metallica has done in the past 15 years hihi
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

Peace sells....but who's buying coffee

http://store.legendscupcoffee.com/dave-mustaine39s-java-cr.html

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »

Megadeth are one of the most underrated metal bands ever

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »

Megadeth are one of the most underrated metal bands ever

I agree....obviously........

they are the second biggest of the big 4 of the 80's though...metallica, anthrax and slayer being the others...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »

The new album Endgame came out today.  Any thoughts on it?  I've given it a spin and I can't say it's a classic but it's better than United Abominations, which wasn't very good.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »

i love it, think it's the best theyve done for years, which considering how good UA was, is really damn impressive! drool

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »

huge fan of the new record...one of if not the best guitar album I have heard in a few years..You can really hear Chris Brodericks impact on songs like "44 minutes" and "The Hardest Part of Letting Go"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #493 on: September 20, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

SLASH Thinks New MEGADETH Album Is 'Killer'; MUSTAINE Is 'Honored' - Sep. 20, 2009

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash has posted a short message on Twitter regarding the new MEGADETH album, "Endgame", stating simply that it "sounds killer!"

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine was clearly flattered by Slash's remarks, writing in an online post, "Slash and I have been friends for a really long time. I have played in concert with his band, and jammed with him in a cover band once. We used to hang and party, true, but I dug Slash the most for his amazing talent on guitar. I am honored he said that he likes it."

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, "Endgame" is on track to sell between 40,000 and 45,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

MEGADETH's previous album, "United Abominations", opened with around 54,000 copies to land at position No. 8 on The Billboard 200 chart. This was more than the 46,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "The System Has Failed" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and was a bit less than the 61,000 opening number of 2001's "The World Needs A Hero" (No. 16).

"Endgame" was recorded at MEGADETH's brand new, self-built studio in San Marcos, California ? Vic's Garage ? which was named after the legendary and iconic Vic Rattlehead character. The CD was helmed by MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine and British producer Andy Sneap (EXODUS, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD).

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127293

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #494 on: September 21, 2009, 10:05:55 AM »

Is anyone here in the megaclub and could tell me the price of Meet and Greet Tickets in Australia?

I'm thinking of joining the club to access the meet+greet tickets, but I want to know what a meet ticket costs before I do that, and the info is apparently on the megadeth site but only in the members areas.

Any help would be amazing thanks!

Oh and back on topic, 44 Minutes, End Game, Bite the Hand and The Right to Go Inane are great tracks that i just keep replaying....loving the new record.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

Dave Mustaine is interviewed on "The Big Dumb Radio Show" in two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigdumbradio#play/uploads/0/gQK0fuCdDsc

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigdumbradio#play/uploads/1/uSehvVOmRzk

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2009, 05:16:43 PM »

The new album Endgame came out today.  Any thoughts on it?  I've given it a spin and I can't say it's a classic but it's better than United Abominations, which wasn't very good.

i'm going to pick it up after work today.. so I haven't heard it yet.   but i really like UA, one of my fav albums of that year.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #497 on: September 25, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »

i'm going to pick it up after work today.. so I haven't heard it yet.   but i really like UA, one of my fav albums of that year.
UA was pretty well received, which puzzles me to be honest.  I see it as a shadow of Megadeth's earlier albums.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »

From an interview with Dave Mustaine...

So here you are with album number 12 set to go and people chomping at the bit to hear it. How does the process of making a Megadeth album change after so many years?

Dave Mustaine: It was getting easier. Then it started to get really harder. Now it's on autopilot because now I'm doing what I want, not what I think the music industry wants. There was a period where we had to do what the music industry told us to do or we were not going to eat. It had to do with record sales going down and our popularity being affected because radio station after radio station was changing. At one point, Los Angeles had two hours of metal playing in the whole week. Two hours? Are you kidding?

People don't always see the publishing stuff that goes down.

That part sounds like a nightmare.

It destroys bands all the time. Here's an example: I was in Tokyo and Nick Menza was still in the band at the time. The four band guys go for a walk and Nick goes, "Man, I want a collaboration fee." I was like, "What is that?" "It's what Kenny G does. He pays them a collaboration fee 'cause they're all there when he writes his music and he couldn't do his music without them being there so he pays them a collaboration fee." I'm thinking, "Good for fuckin' Kenny G, ok? That ain't ok for me, 'cause if I'm writing music and you're in the same hotel room, you think I'm gonna give you some credit off that just 'cause you're sitting there?" That's not how it works.
That was the beginning of the end with Nick. Then there was the weird stuff like the pictures he was putting up and the bullshit about getting cancer. It just ended everything. I wish him well though. I don't think he's doing very well 'cause he fell into that whole crystal meth thing. When I went to go see him last time, he was really out of it. We tried getting him back. We had him in the band for a little while but he just couldn't do it. It's a bummer.

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub.aspx?csid1=137&csid2=946&fid1=41457

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #499 on: October 05, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »

Here is a video interview with Dave Mustaine from 3 News...

Full interview with Dave Mustaine - Video

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interview-with-Dave-Mustaine/tabid/312/articleID/124061/cat/55/Default.aspx

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: