Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:02:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227822 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141614 times)
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2009, 10:28:54 AM »

Just got back from the Slayer/MegaDeth gig in Sydney. Amazing show. Awesome set list and the band were incredible. Sounded fantastic and put on a hell of a show. Best I've seen them yet.
If you get the chance to see them on this tour you should take it. Best MegaDeth line up in years.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #501 on: October 08, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »

awesome i'm going tonight!!!!!!! So pumped for it.

Did they play "Five Magics" like its been suggested they would. Was there much from endgame?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »

No, no Five Magics unfortunatly. There was a massive lack of Endgame songs. We only got Headcrusher. Apparently they've been sound checking with 1320 and 44 Mins, but maybe they're not ready yet or something... So in that regard it was a bit disapointing, but seriously, once they start you forget about it!
The set list if you want to know was:

Set The World Afire, Wake Up Dead, Hangar 18, Skin O' My Teeth, She-Wolf, In My Darkest Hour, Devil's Island, Tornado Of Souls, Head Crusher, Rattlehead, Symphony Of Destruction, Peace Sells, Holy Wars/Mechanix

Interesting that they only had one song from Endgame and none from Risk, World Needs a Hero, System Has Failed or United Abominations, so only one song from their last five albums.
I guess playing with Slayer they wanted a more old-school/thrash set.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »

I suppose that will catch up with you after a while... Undecided

Megadeth's 'Endgame' Fueled by Pain

For years, Mustaine has suffered from neck and back problems from decades of headbanging, but lately those injuries reached a new level of agony. X-rays revealed that the metal legend had not only damaged himself, he had actually disfigured and mutated his neck and back.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/10/16/megadeth-s-endgame-fueled-by-pain/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #504 on: November 11, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »

Darker and Angrier

By Dave Good | Published Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009

Dave Mustaine says, ?The NHRA [National Hot Rod Association] heard the song, and they loved it. They wanted to use it.?

Megadeth?s Endgame was released September 15 and features a song about drag racing. ?1,320? kicks off with what sounds like a Top Fuel dragster.

?No,? says Mustaine. ?That?s a nitro Funny Car. It?s one class up from Top Fuel.?

Born in La Mesa and on his own since the age of 15 (?my mom bailed on me?), Mustaine says he has been a diehard fan of the drags since he was a kid. ?ESPN heard the song, and they want to use it, too. They asked if we?d be willing to play at a race or be part of a celebrity race, and I?m, like, ?Yes!? ?

Dave Mustaine has a reputation as a bad boy of thrash metal, and his commentary has not been limited to his former bandmates in Metallica. He says that?s all in the past. The musician once called the Red Devil by his Japanese fans is now clean, sober, and born-again. Megadeth may be darker and angrier than ever on record, but Mustaine has written a book (scheduled for release next year) that reflects the new Dave.

?What got me off before ? being mean-spirited and stuff like that ? it doesn?t really make me feel good anymore. So I?m a little more conscientious about stuff that I say, if it?s gonna really do damage to somebody or if it?s gonna be?? He stops.

?Laughing with somebody is totally different than laughing at somebody, which is totally different from humiliating somebody. I can laugh at people, I can laugh with them, but I don?t like humiliating people anymore. It?s just not fun.?

After helping launch Metallica in 1981 with his oft-copied guitar style, Mustaine was asked to leave the band under less-than-amicable terms in 1983. Almost immediately after, he formed Megadeth. What followed was an impressive discography that included 1990?s Rust in Peace, considered by many to be one of the best metal albums of all time. Mustaine lives with his family in Fallbrook.

Tell us your guitar history.

?When I got my first guitar, I had jumped through somebody?s window and stolen a copy of a Les Paul. I lived in Dana Point. I was a teenager at the time. I went to a luthier, and I bought a Gibson sticker for five bucks. I stuck it on there, lacquered it on there, and buffed the hell out of it, and I played it for a long time. I ended up using it for a cocaine debt because I was being a crazy kid at the time.? He says he tried B.C. Rich and ESP and Jackson guitars before ending up at Dean, the company that manufactures his current VMNT signature model.

What are you listening to now?

?You?d be really surprised what I listen to. I listen to K-WAVE [Christian music and talk] in my car. I listen to 95.7, the country channel; I listen to the jazz station here. That?s basically what I listen to: jazz, the country channel, the faith channel. I like listening to NPR radio, too, because my life is based around the current events that are happening in our world. I?m a political singer ? probably considered an activist, which I don?t think I am ? and I don?t think I?m a political singer, but that?s what I?ve been called.?

Top three albums of all time?

?Led Zeppelin IV, the Beatles? White Album, and AC/DC?s Let There Be Rock. That was one of the pivotal records in my life.?

Favorite local hangout?

?I like the Hill Street Caf? [in Oceanside] for breakfast. That place has the best breakfasts in Southern California because it?s organic, the service is great, and you can get some of my coffee served to you there.? He chuckles. ?My wife has a coffee company, and she has a product line for a couple of different celebrities, and I?m one of them.?

Best concert?

?It was at the Led Zeppelin reunion at O2 [London, 2007]. I flew over, went and saw the concert, got food poisoning, and spent the entire night during the concert running up and down the steps. I was down?maybe 15 rows back from the stage so it was where all the friends and family were sitting. And I had to keep walking up and down the stairs and blehh! I got my Stairmaster workout in.?

Something about you that no one would ever guess?

?That I?m nice.?

As the number-one-rated guitarist in Joel McIver?s 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists, do you have any advice for beginners?

?Well, I?m number one for now, and although I?m honored, I gotta remember that gift came from God, and it?s not my doing. I thought it was my doing, and when I had that nerve damage happen to my arm [in 2002], I was dead in the water. Couldn?t play anymore. I didn?t realize how much I identified my life with the guitar.

?Now, because I?ve had a chance to put things in perspective, I feel that I?ve had a pretty good wrestling bout with humility, and that?s why, when it comes down to charts, I can honestly say ?for now.? There?s so many people out there that are better than me. My advice would be simple: get a Dean, buy the amps that I use, play the strings and the picks that I use. And if you want me to help you, we?re opening up an academy at my studio here for young kids, and we?re going to give an opportunity in every class for an underprivileged kid to come in here. All I wanna see when we give some of these gift tuitions through the academy here is some good grades. I just want to see some kids who are gonna make San Diego a better place to live.?

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2009/nov/11/of-note-darker-and-angrier/

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #505 on: November 29, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »

I've seen them twice and they've been incredible each time, but I'd only consider seeing them again if they would change their setlists up.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #506 on: December 09, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »

Here is an interview with Dave Mustaine:

Rock Icon Dave Mustaine Talks With Alex Jones About The New World Order Endgame

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

http://www.prisonplanet.com/rock-icon-dave-mustaine-talks-with-alex-jones-about-the-new-world-order-endgame.html

and on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb6L_AV8ivo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKqUr71yL8

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #507 on: December 09, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »

^^More on this interview:

DAVE MUSTAINE: 'I Am Part METALLICA' - Dec. 9, 2009

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine recently talked with PrisonPlanet.com's Alex Jones ? a syndicated radio personality and conspiracy theorist ? about his own personal awakening to the new world order, his recent conversion to Christianity after formerly dabbling with occultism, and how is he now using his music, namely MEGADETH's recent critically acclaimed album, "Endgame", to educate his fans and the general public about the conspiracy behind the march towards global government.

Mustaine explains how the artwork featured on the "Endgame" album symbolizes the enslaved masses being driven towards oblivion, and how America is disintegrating as a country, a fact which has forced Mustaine to prepare to move to Canada as a safer haven.

Mustaine and Jones cover a plethora of subjects in the interview, including the primary reasons behind the assassination of JFK, and the meaning of some of Mustaine's songs, including those influenced by his training as a stockbroker. Mustaine discusses how he has tailored his art towards what eminates from his conscience rather than what is demanded of him from record labels and huge corporations, a compromise that the vast majority of people in the music industry constantly make.

Mustaine tells Jones that the purpose of his music is about showing his fans how to become better people, by thinking more deeply about the world around them and what their own purpose in life really is.

On how MEGADETH's current "Endgame" tour with MACHINE HEAD, SUICIDE SILENCE and ARCANIUM is going:

Mustaine: "The tour's been going really great. MACHINE HEAD is a great band. Played them on my [radio] station [Megadeth Radio]. And SUICIDE SILENCE is a new band that a lot of people are finding a lot of interest in. And the guys in the opening band, ARCANIUM. Very interesting band, too. I like the frontman. He's very timid backstage. But when he gets out on stage, he really ? besides the fact that he looks like he weighs about 80 pounds ? he really has got a great persona, and I was surprised. So I think that band's gonna have some good things... if he eats a couple of cheeburgers. [chuckles]"

On how the "message" from MEGADETH's albums is getting out:

Mustaine: "I had a guy from the UN [United Nations] actually call me up... Well, not call me up, but he said something about [MEGADETH's 2007 album] 'United Abominations', and this shows you how pea-brained this guy was. At the very end, after he tried to discredit me, he says, 'Besides, I'm a METALLICA fan anyways.' And I thought, 'What a twat.' 'Cause, I mean, I am part METALLICA, so what are you saying?! That's like going up to somebody who is mulatto and saying they don't have white or black in them. I am part METALLICA. So for him to say that, it just shows you why most of the people up there don't know what they're doing, 'cause you have people that are representing stuff saying childish things like that. That's sandbox mentality. You know what I mean?!"

On what he believes the "endgame" is:

Mustaine: "Well, me as a Christian, I believe that it's a one-world government, one-world currency. It's part of... My belief ? and I said so in [MEGADETH's classic song] 'Holy Wars' ? is that it's part of the master plan. It's what I believe. I ascribed to that when I became a Christian. I know that there's gonna be a cataclysmic ramping up of all of these things we're seeing right now, and it gets worse and it gets worse and it gets worse. We're watching our country disintegrate right now, and it's scary. You know, when I start thinking that I'm gonna be moving with [MEGADETH's Canadian-born drummer] Shawn Drover back up to Canada, that's scary. And that's what 'Endgame' is all about ? it's about educating our fans and showing them a little bit about what's going within the previous administration and that things haven't changed at all; it's just more of people being run by the people who have the money."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131744

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #508 on: December 10, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »

He is part Metallica..his riffs are all over the first 3 Metallica records.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #509 on: December 10, 2009, 07:22:40 AM »

have listened a bit to endgame and it's pretty good, might check more records out later
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #510 on: January 01, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Codemns 'Nation of Nincompoops'

Posted on Jan 1st 2010

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/01/01/megadeth-dave-mustaine-nation-of-nincompoops/

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #511 on: January 09, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »

damn i thought i posted in here before

headbanger this album kicks ass, its been in my truck sterio 90% of the time since i've bought it.

i hope they bring the tour to more places in the states and do some more tunes off EndGame

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #512 on: January 17, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »

Megadeth Hints at Big Plans for Guitar Hero

Answering the fan mailbag on the band's official site, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine says he's had recent "high level meetings" with Activision and Neversoft to discuss an idea that is more attractive to the band than a dedicated box set.

Here's Mustaine's reply to a fan's query about a potential Guitar Hero: Megadeth, a very popular question on their site:

I have recently had two very important high-level meetings with the people from Activision and Neversoft, and we are talking about a lot of things, but a Guitar Hero box set is not as attractive to me and the people from Guitar Hero as the new idea that they offered me, as the creative stuff that we are talking about is over-the-moon! I just hope that someone doesn't stand in the way of this happening. I know that there are a lot of really damaging results from our mothership (Warner) having some legal disputes with YouTube and Guitar Hero to name just a few.
Of course, Megadeth's songs have appeared in Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II and Guitar Hero 5. And this clever fan-made video imagines a dedicated Megadeth game, although clearly that hasn't happened.

I've emailed Guitar Hero representatives to ask what's up, but it sounds like this is at such a proto-stage I'm not sure they'll have much comment.

http://kotaku.com/5449882/megadeth-hints-at-big-plans-for-guitar-hero

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »

Musician's Friend has posted a two part interview with Dave Mustaine.

In part one, Dave talks about his guitars, amps and his studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6hnCVXeaM

In part 2, Dave tells us how he and his band have used the internet for promotion and building a community with their fan-base. He also talks about how he would like to contribute to the future of the music industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUzmQnM6DGc

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »

MEGADETH WISH SLAYER'S ARAYA WELL, CARNAGE TOUR RESCHEDULE FOR THIS SUMMER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-Nrf4SiH0

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: February 08, 2010, 10:53:15 PM »

David Ellefson is back in Megadeth, James LoMenzo is out. Bit of a shock, never thought it would happen.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #516 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »

^^ I put this in the wrong thread...

MEGADETH Rejoined By Bassist DAVID ELLEFSON - Feb. 8, 2010

MEGADETH founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to MEGADETH's upcoming historic month-long "Rust In Peace" 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, MEGADETH will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album "Rust In Peace" in its entirety, in addition to other MEGADETH favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness," Mustaine says. "David Ellefson belongs in MEGADETH. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and MEGADETH band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group's current CD, "Endgame", which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band's career.

"We'd like to thank James Lomenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134737

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #517 on: February 09, 2010, 12:47:23 AM »

going to see Megadeth in april  smoking
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #518 on: February 09, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »

David Ellefson is back in Megadeth, James LoMenzo is out. Bit of a shock, never thought it would happen.

totally unexpected!!! thought they'd never play together again.....hey, there is hope  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »

Police Called To Megadeth Video Shoot

Dave Mustaine says police were called to the set of a video shoot because Megadeth were using a tank in their promo film.

Checking in via his Live Line service, where he leaves phone messages for fans who can listen in, he explains that officers arrived to investigate the situation as the band worked with the war machine.

Mustaine says: "We're on location making the video for Right to go Insane. We've got an M68a tank. The cops are here ? it can get pretty hairy with this video shoot.

"I don't know what's going to happen from this point, but we're excited. It's a great day to be alive. God bless!"

Megadeth are about to kick off a tour marking the 20th anniversary of landmark album Rust In Peace. Original bassist David Ellefson made a surprise return to the band in time to record a "secret project" which Mustaine says will "be in every metal fan's hands later in the the year."

The band will also hit a number of Sonisphere festival stages in Europe alongside the other members of the thrash Big Four: Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax.

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/cops-called-over-megadeth-tank/iufi4xpv/

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: