Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141678 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

see it for yourselves, i know its different on tv but you still get the picture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6E1KjxxreY

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #541 on: June 04, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »

Dave Mustaine Pens Fresh Megadeth Track For 'Guitar Hero'Metal legend on "Sudden Death" and the Big Four's summer thrash tour

By  Chris Harris
Jun 04, 2010 1:00 PM EDT

Dave Mustaine has been hinting at big news for months on his website, slaving over a "top secret project" and now, the Megadeth leader has revealed the results exclusively to Rolling Stone: A blistering new track called "Sudden Death" that will serve as the finger-busting finale to the forthcoming Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock game. Mustaine says the track is brutal, and "I'm sure some fans will think it's the greatest thing we've ever done. But other people will say it sucks. That's just the way of the world."

Unlike previous Guitar Hero titles, the upcoming Warriors of Rock features a story-based adventure mode, voiced by Kiss' Gene Simmons. To advance through the game, players will have to tackle tricky tracks like Black Sabbath's "Children of the Grave," Muse's "Uprising," Slayer's "Chemical Warfare" and the Cure's "Fascination Street." But to beat the game's last stage boss, players will have to master Megadeth's "Sudden Death."

"I thought it was a great idea for us," says Mustaine. "We've had experience with games in the past, and our songs have been in sports games and Grand Theft Auto, but we never really got into the Guitar Hero thing. When they talked to us about doing this, I never imagined it would be something this honorable."

Activision, the publishers of Guitar Hero, commissioned the track from Mustaine and Megadeth, and were very hands-on in the song's development since "Sudden Death" has to pose the ultimate challenge to hardcore gamers.

"Only once in my career have I had this happen before," Mustaine says, referring to 1991's soundtrack for Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, when the band crafted "Go to Hell." "We had written something and Interscope told me to make the lyrics even darker. Activision heard the track, and said, 'We want more solos on it.' And I said, OK, I can do that.' "

"Sudden Death" turned into a scathing, speedy thrash tune that's sure to lead to some fingertip callusing. Mustaine claims the song has a "funky kind of polyrhythm to it" which will make it even more difficult for the Guitar Hero elite. "Just the sheer repetitiveness of it can blow people's minds," Mustaine explains. "And, my guitar style is way different than [other Megadeth guitarist] Chris Brodericks'. Chris plays with a lot of love and I play with a lot of hate. My guitar playing is explosions, and his is more like fireworks. When you are trying to emulate the two kind of guitar styles, it's tricky. I don't care what anyone says, you've gotta be good."

Due out this fall, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock isn't the only excitement on Mustaine's plate these days. With bassist Dave Ellefson back in the equation, there's pressure from fans for new music. Meanwhile, Megadeth will be heading overseas this summer to play with the rest of the "Big Four" of thrash (Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax) at festivals, marking the first time all four bands have shared the same stage. As Rolling Stone reported, one of the gigs will be broadcast live in movie theaters around the globe. Megadeth is also fresh from playing Rust in Peace on their last tour with Testament and Exodus, and will hit the road this summer with Slayer and Testament for the "American Carnage" trek.

Mustaine's not thrilled that the "Big Four" tour isn't a global undertaking, and thinks American fans "deserve it as much as anybody does." So, does he see it coming stateside? "Of course it could happen. I don't know that it will. I hope it does," he says. "If we could, I know we would. It's just a matter of the degree of touring availability for the other parties concerned. Let's be honest about all this: The cards lay in one camp's hands and the rest of us are just damn happy to be here."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[36885,166068]

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #542 on: June 05, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »

Dave Mustaine is interviewed by Antonio Freitas for SIC Radical at Rock In Rio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0BJxWCjzs

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #543 on: June 06, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

see it for yourselves, i know its different on tv but you still get the picture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6E1KjxxreY

thats pretty much how Megadeth has always been.  Dave is NOT a singer, he says this all the time, he is a guitar player.  I guess his vocals are a little worse at this show,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #544 on: June 12, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »

NMETV ? June 12, 2010 ? Dave Mustaine talks about playing at Download 2010 and recording a new track "Sudden Death" exclusively for the new Guitar Hero game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaOZ9qNnJgw

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #545 on: June 14, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »

Dave & David of MEGADETH sightseeing at the Blarney Castle Ireland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9b2Efr3kg

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »

MEGADETH's New Song 'Sudden Death': Hear It Here First - June 18, 2010

A new MEGADETH track called "Sudden Death", which will serve as the finger-busting finale to the forthcoming Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock game, can be heard in its entirety in IGN Entertainment's live demo of the game in the YouTube clip below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141790

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »

Here is a long interview David Ellefson did for FaceCulture.  In part 4 he talks a little about a new album in 2011 and says they have already started "little bits and pieces of it now" and "now we're really working toward writing some new stuff."

Here: http://www.faceculture.com/artist.php?id=896

Some on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLpPUaImLU4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »

MEGADETH Drummer: Last Night's 'Big Four' Jam Is 'Something That I Will Cherish Forever' - June 23, 2010

Members of SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX joined METALLICA on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 22) in Sofia, Bulgaria to perform the DIAMOND HEAD classic "Am I Evil?" METALLICA's James Hetfield, MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine and ANTHRAX's Joey Belladonna all took turns singing, with various other bandmembers playing guitar, bass and pounding on snare drums.

Commented MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover in an online posting: "What happened last night on that stage in Sofia, Bulgaria is something that I will cherish forever.

"I gotta tell ya, from where I was standing (between snare drum hits), I have never seen so many people on stage with a smile that big on all of our faces. Better yet for me was to have my kids go to the movie theater back home and watch it all a few hours later and tell me how much they loved it. That meant a lot to me.

"Damn, I would have liked to go watch this in a movie theater myself.

"Anyway, just checking in to let you know we are really having a great time out here. I hope all of you who saw the show live or in the movies did as well."

Video of the performance: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141990

Video "group hug": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5lniBMR3Bc

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #549 on: June 25, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »

THE BIG FOUR INTERVIEW: MEGADETH?S DAVID ELLEFSON

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How?s the relationship with Metallica now?

Very good. I?ve always got along well with them. I was never in Metallica so I like them. I think they?re great. I?ve always liked them as guys, I thought they were cool, their band rocks, their records are great. They?re just a ferocious live band.

As far as the obvious with our whole band and all the bands, honestly, it?s great. Metallica have risen to such huge success, it?s very cool of them that they would move themselves off of their perch of iconic celebrity to just come back down to this scene of metal, which we?ve all created together. Because they?ve been able to move far away from this scene many years ago through the records they made and the songs that they wrote, which I always admired because most bands can?t.

Megadeth was able to for a while. Slayer never did. Anthrax did some things that were creative and cool. Now all four of us have a very different sound even though we all came out of the same gene pool musically and to some degree we all kind of end up as a branch off the Metallica family tree. I mean Dave was in Metallica, I played with Dave, Kerry King played with Megadeth. We?re all part of the Metallica fist in some shape or form. It?s cool. It?s sort of like a family reunion, which is very healthy and a lot of fun.

Continue here: http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/2010/06/the-big-four-interview-megadeth%E2%80%99s-david-ellefson/4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2010, 01:30:23 PM »

Here's a new interview with Dave Mustaine where he talks about the big four hug onstage, that he's now texting Lars and the "healing" between the bands.

Dave Mustaine interview in Slovenia 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CumhzjvEl7Q

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #551 on: July 06, 2010, 11:21:44 PM »

MEGADETH Mainman Says ANTHRAX Will Be Joining 'American Carnage' Tour - July 6, 2010

During an interview MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine gave (see video below) to Bo?tjan Tu?ek of the 24ur.com web site prior to the band's June 29, 2010 performance in Ljubljana, Slovenia, the guitarist/vocalist revealed that ANTHRAX will be taking part in some of the upcoming "American Carnage" tour dates alongside MEGADETH and SLAYER.

The previously announced "American Carnage" tour ? featuring SLAYER, MEGADETH and TESTAMENT ? is scheduled to kick off on July 23 in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and conclude on September 4 in Portland, Oregon.

Although Mustaine did not divulge any further details about ANTHRAX's participation in the trek, it is believed that Scott Ian and Co. will take part in a yet-to-be-announced second leg of the tour, which is expected to kick off a short time after the first leg wraps. It should be noted, however, that this information **has not yet been corroborated by an official source** and should be treated as a rumor only.

Excerpts from Mustaine's interview with 24ur.com:

On how some people are happy that he isn't part of METALLICA anymore, because he has accomplished so much on his own and with MEGADETH:

Mustaine: "Yeah, I understand that. I didn't understand it at the time because all I could see is that this is a band I was in and they went on to bigger and better things, and I wasn't really looking at what I had and how great what I had was and the fact that I am the only guy in the world that can say he played in METALLICA and MEGADETH. And that's quite an honor. And to be able to go up on stage [at the 'Big Four' show in Sofia, Bulgaria] and have the whole world make comments about who I hugged that night ? because I hugged James [Hetfield, METALLICA frontman] and Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer]... It's really a really, really big deal. I kind of took for granted how important it was. I thought it was just important to me, but it really is important to a lot of other people ? the whole 'Big Four' and the healing that took place in Sofia. It was great. And I don't know that it's gonna continue on ? I hope it does. I hope that we get to play more 'Big Four' dates certainly here, but I'd like to do it in the States, too."

On whether his "feud" with METALLICA is now finally over:

Mustaine: "Lars, I had a glass of champagne with him at the dinner that we had at the beginning of the tour.

"We all [the members of METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX] met in a restaurant [on June 15 in Warsaw, Poland]. James had put it together.

"Of course, I think it's [the bad blood between him and METALLICA] behind us. You see us hugging on stage and playing music together. What more do you need? Me to kiss him?"

On how the whole Sonisphere / "Big Four" touring experience has been for him:

Mustaine: "It was great. I think it's one of the more productive and fun things that I've done in my career.

"Lars and I have been talking all day today ? we've been texting and e-mailing each other back and forth.

"I think it would have been cool if I would have gotten a chance to spend a little more time with Kirk [Hammett, METALLICA guitarist]. But we never really were close. I didn't really see him very much. But as far as everything else is concerned, it was great. We hang out with SLAYER all the time, and we're on tour with them in the States on 'American Carnage'. And ANTHRAX is gonna be joining us, so it's gonna kind of be like the 'Clash Of The Titans' thing we did back in the '90s, too."

On his religious beliefs:

Mustaine: "A lot of people said some really horrible things when I got saved. And I don't push it on anybody ? it's my own personal thing. I mean, if anybody needed to have their life changed, it was me, 'cause I was heading down a very, very bad road.

"I think it's kind of a bummer when you've got somebody that's a great musician, who can write great lyrics that chooses to write something that isn't gonna help him in the long run, you know what I mean?! The amount of people that are gonna be able to listen to your music if you write about stuff like that, it's small. As you choose other things to write about that more people experience, it will open up your marketplace. For example, Ronnie James Dio ? I loved Dio; I thought he was great. I think if his lyrics were a little different, he would have been even more popular. He had the voice to be as big as BON JOVI. Totally. He had the voice to be... as big as LED ZEPPELIN in whatever he did. He was the master.

"I think lyric choices, for a lot of people, limit where they go."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142636

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »

In his darkest hour: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine recounts his excesses in memoir

Monday, Aug. 2, 2010

There is, according to the lore of rock journalism, only one taboo for Megadeth front man Dave Mustaine.

Ask him about sex. Ask him about drugs. By all means, ask him about the time his five-year-old daughter told him to see a psychotherapist. But don?t, under any circumstance, ask him about Metallica.

The 48-year-old was cast out of the then-fledgling supergroup in the early 1980s, banished from heavy-metal paradise for rebelling against his bandmates. Penniless and humiliated, he vowed revenge.

?I wanted to find a group of musicians who were talented and ambitious. I was out for blood. I wanted to kick Metallica?s ass,? he says in his new book, Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir, out today. Out of this search for vengeance, Megadeth was born.

This story forms the mangled backbone of Mustaine?s autobiography -- indeed, his entire career -- and remains central to Megadeth?s identity, long after the band?s peak.

The Post caught up with Mustaine before a recent book signing in Toronto. Smelling strongly of cologne, the gregarious born-again Christian was happy to report from the front lines of a life thoroughly, exhaustively, comprehensively lived. His headbanger hair didn?t hang so much as writhe on either side of a creased face, while a sizable gut tested his be-skulled T-shirt -- a sign of good health for a man who, after 17 trips to rehab, finally kicked a snarling junk habit in the early 2000s.

?The order it comes in is the drugs first, then the rock ?n? roll, and then the sex,? Mustaine said, perusing the fiction section of a downtown Indigo. He has been asked to untangle the chicken-and-egg convolution of sex, drugs and rock ?n? roll that dominates most of the memoir (completed, it must be mentioned, with an empty-net assist from journalist and author Joe Layden).

?You usually get buzzed, then you go play, and then you see the girl. After you?ve taken your emotional victim hostage, then you go for more drugs. You have to get them high.?

And the cycle continues. For the better part of 300 pages.

Mustaine?s excess -- his googly eyed, Cookie Monster abandon -- is itself worth the telling for readers with a taste for the squalid and the absurd. But it is the story of his recovery that saves Mustaine from veering too far into the realm of rock ?n? roll clich?.

It was not a near-death experience that scared Mustaine straight (though he had one of those). Nor was it temporarily losing his wife and kids (though that happened, too). It was something doctors call a compressed radial nerve. And it struck under almost comically benign circumstances.

?I was in rehab and I decided to take a nap. I woke up -- my arm had been resting over the back of the chair -- and I couldn?t feel my hand,? Mustaine said. ?I went to see a doctor and he told me I?d suffered a freak accident, that I?d never be able to play guitar again.?

It took being cut off from music for Mustaine to finally hit bottom. That?s where he found God, and the strength to fight his demons.

Through intense physical therapy and despite the odds, he regained the use of his hand. He also regained his sobriety for the first meaningful stretch of time since childhood (and has remained more or less sober since).

As for his arch-nemesis Metallica?

?We had a disagreement,? Mustaine said, ?but the truth is that we really like each other and it was difficult to split up. If I wasn?t drinking too much I may well not have lost my job. But the best thing that comes out of this is there?s two great bands.?

? Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir by Dave Mustaine and Joe Layden (Harper Collins 346 pp.; $29.99) is in stores today.

http://www.nationalpost.com/darkest+hour+Megadeth+Dave+Mustaine+recounts+excesses+memoir/3351176/story.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #553 on: August 03, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »

DAVE MUSTAINE Discusses His Autobiography With Canada's EXPLOREMUSIC (Video) - Aug. 3, 2010

Alan Cross of ExploreMusic conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine last week when the band played the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You can now watch the chat in three parts below.

When asked if he quit METALLICA or if he was fired, Mustaine replied, "I was fired. 'Cause I punched him [METALLICA frontman James Hetfield]. But we just made up when we did the 'Big Four' [dates in Europe in June]."

He added, "There's no feud [between me and METALLICA]. Anybody that continues to perpetuate that stuff is just going for tabloid sensationalism.

"When I see that stuff in print, I feel sorry for the journalists who keep doing that beaten, tired, old story trying to sell press.

"There are so many great things that are happening with me, with my career, do you have to go back to that? 'Cause, I mean, there's nothing there.

"If someone can't tell now that there's no feud after we played on stage together... I mean, what do I need? A love child to prove it? It's [like], c'mon."

Dave Mustaine's long-awaited autobiography, "Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir" (formerly "Hello Me... Meet The Real Me"), was released in the U.S. today (Tuesday, August 3) via HarperCollins's It Books imprint (focusing on pop culture, sports, style and content derived from the Internet). The U.K. edition, "Mustaine: A Life In Metal", will hit bookstores in the U.K. on September 30.

Video here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143973

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #554 on: August 08, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »

hihi

What would the audiobook of DAVE MUSTAINE's new autobiography sound like?

If you missed this past week's edition of the Metal Injection Livecast, you missed quite-possibly, the funniest segment we ever had on the show. So funny, in fact, that we had to create it's own clip for it and share it with you junkies. You see, Dave Mustaine's autobiography came out this week and us being huge Mustaine fans (seriously!) we had to get it. We did a reading of an excerpt on the show, the part where Dave recalls James Hetfield kicking his dog.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/audiobook-dave-mustaines-autobiography-sound

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #555 on: August 23, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

Megadeth, 'Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due' (From 'Rust in Peace Live') -- Video Premiere

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/23/megadeth-holy-wars-the-punishment-due-rust-in-peace-live-video-premiere/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »

Dave Mustaine at Changing Hands

Aug. 23, 2010

Q: Why did you want to do this now?

A: I'm almost 50, and a couple of years from now, I'm not going to matter to young people and I want to make sure I can share all of these personal victories I've had with these kids before what I say or do doesn't matter anymore. Regardless if it's me or not, it's a human trial and it's personal victory and I love sharing that with people. I'm just like the next guy. I get happy, I get sad, I laugh, I cry, I get pissed. In my business, the problem was that because of all of the drug and alcohol use and mismanagement, you make a lot of bad decisions and bad decisions are followed by bad people, and you start to really plummet in your mind, and mood, and attitude.

Q: Were you hoping this would clear up some misconceptions about you?

A: The feuds. That was one thing that's been over for so long. We've been saying, "There is no feud," "There is no feud." And then someone would say something antagonistic or provocative in the press and would (bring) one of us into it, and it would bring it up again. It wasn't any of us because we all love each other. And it's a testimony that we've done these shows together and we're doing this fantastic live DVD and the fact that we got up onstage to jam together.

Q: How was that?

A: The amazing thing was when the song was over, I hugged (Metallica members) Kirk (Hammett) and Lars (Ulrich), and when I hugged (Metallica frontman) James (Hetfield), the crowd burst into approval and applause louder than when we played the song. They were waiting to see us have some kind of public display of reconciliation.

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/events/articles/2010/08/23/20100823dave-mustaine-book-signing-changing-hands-Tempe.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »

An interview with Dave Mustaine with Suicide Girls:

Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir

By Ryan Stewart Aug 23, 2010

http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Mustaine:+A+Heavy+Metal+Memoir/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #558 on: September 03, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »

From Dave Mustaine:

9/3/2010

"I don't know how much longer my career's gonna be," he reveals. "Is it gonna be one more record? Well at least one 'cause I owe that to Roadrunner. After that, I'm gonna be 50. Do I wanna keep doing this? I don't know. I've got some great opportunities with management and so on. I've always thought that if I'm not playing in a band, I'd like to stay in the music industry somehow. That's why I created Gigantour, which we'll do next year. Otherwise, though, would I be an attorney? Ah, I don't know... I'm not really good at being a liar. Being a manager? That seems like fun. Having a label? I talked to [Metallica's] Lars [Ulrich] about that when we were overseas and he said he hated it. I listened and thought there's some wisdom there so I scratched it off my bucket list.

http://exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=147&csid2=844&fid1=49165

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #559 on: September 29, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

Monster Riffs Week: Megadeth interview

Megadeth axeman Dave Mustaine walks Total Guitar through the fiery riff from 'Hangar 18'

Wed 29 Sep 2010

Riff masterpiece 'Hangar 18' is the standout track from Megadeth's classic 1990 album 'Rust In Peace'. Dave Mustaine gives us the lowdown on his blistering ode to UFOs and wee green men...

http://www.musicradar.com/totalguitar/monster-riffs-week-megadeth-interview-280473

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: