Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:10:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141637 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #560 on: November 02, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

Dave Mustaine and Kerry King are interviewed on "Deeper" with Nikki Sixx.

http://www.sixxsense.com/pages/mediavault/mediaplayer.html?uri=channels/386387/1063240

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #561 on: November 03, 2010, 07:29:10 AM »

So strange to hear them getting on with Nikki.

From what ive seen/read in the 80s they hated the Crue.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #562 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

yeah they do, GLAM stands for Gay L. A . Metal if you ask Dave Mustaine, but Im not sure if he really lumped Motley into that category, Megadeth has toured with Motley Crue.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #563 on: November 03, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »

People grow up and realize they're really not that special. Smiley

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2010, 11:58:51 PM »

yeah Dave Mustaine seems to have done a lot of growing up, I think he was more insulted by Motley Crue's musicianship than their Glam image...That band was in it for all the wrong reasons, tits and beer.  I like Motley Crue dont get me wrong, but after reading Vince's book I really learned about how little passion they have for music.  If you didnt get paid millions to do it they never would, whereas Dave and Kerry would probably do it for free.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #565 on: November 04, 2010, 02:06:14 AM »

yeah Dave Mustaine seems to have done a lot of growing up, I think he was more insulted by Motley Crue's musicianship than their Glam image...That band was in it for all the wrong reasons, tits and beer.  I like Motley Crue dont get me wrong, but after reading Vince's book I really learned about how little passion they have for music.  If you didnt get paid millions to do it they never would, whereas Dave and Kerry would probably do it for free.
Bullshit! if they didn't make a little scratch they wouldn't do it either. And Motley have a lot songs about things other than tits and beer. Listen to the album 1994 or Shout at the Devil fuck even Theatre has a lot of thought provoking shit on it.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #566 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »

Here's an interview with Dave Mustaine conducted by Metal Head Murphy.  He says the possibility of the Big Four touring the US hinges on the sale of the Big Four DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofPiluAILoc

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #567 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »

Bullshit! if they didn't make a little scratch they wouldn't do it either. And Motley have a lot songs about things other than tits and beer. Listen to the album 1994 or Shout at the Devil fuck even Theatre has a lot of thought provoking shit on it.

Dude, I like Motley Crue a lot, one of my Top 5 bands of all time, but read Vince Neils book and tell me if his heart is in the art of rock n roll or the business of tits and beer.  It is a no brainer.  The only ones with any type of true artistic integrity in that band are Sixx and Mars.

Vince really turned me off with his book, cause it really shows how this whole thing is just a business venture for him. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:18:42 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #568 on: November 06, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Dude, I like Motley Crue a lot, one of my Top 5 bands of all time, but read Vince Neils book and tell me if his heart is in the art of rock n roll or the business of tits and beer.  It is a no brainer.  The only ones with any type of true artistic integrity in that band are Sixx and Mars.

Vince really turned me off with his book, cause it really shows how this whole thing is just a business venture for him. 

I think Vince understands he's just a singer, so why not treat it like a business?  We know he's not a song writer or a instrumentalist.  I'm perfectly fine with him just delivering anything Nikki or Mick has to say, nothing more nothing less.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #569 on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:35 AM »

From Dave Mustaine to the NY Post:

November 10, 2010

?I don?t know if we ever get over it (substance abuse problems), for someone who has flirted with life and death and flirted with drug abuse and alcoholism, something gets broken and you never really recover from that. I was in Texas when I looked up and saw a cross and said to myself, ?What have I got to lose,? those six little words were magic and they changed me,? he said.

?We want to continue to put out quality stuff. Think of Megadeth as the Ferrari franchise, each year they put out the same car, but you never know what it?s going to look like and you?re just along for the ride,? Mustaine said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/dave_mustaine_warrior_of_rock_8DAcp98vUfX5as8nlmE5WL

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »

From Dave Mustaine to Faster Louder:

Dave Mustaine talks new album and
Metallica

26th November, 2010

The new Megadeth album, which is scheduled for release next year, revealing that it will continue the return to thrash the band started on their last album Endgame: ?Right now, we?re in the studio already preparing for the next record and I?ve been going over finals for the last week, just trying to get everything in the right places. I?m super super excited about getting ready to do this next record. It will be more like Endgame and maybe a little bit? maybe sticking in that vein and going a little forward toward what I like. I like playing the more aggressive stuff.?

On a more personal note, the notoriously inflammatory front man also opened up about how great it was to be playing with Metallica again on the ?Big Four Tour?: ?The truth of the matter is, I caused a lot of problems over my career, I made a lot of enemies, and right now I don?t really have any enemies any more, because I?ve spent the latter part of my career being much more grateful for what I have. I have friends again in this business ? I never was friendless, but the people that mattered, I didn?t have in my life any more. It?s great to be able to pick up my phone and see a text message from Kerry [King] and it?s great to be able to check my voice mail and have a voice mail from James [Hetfield] or Lars [Ulrich]. ?

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/26511/Dave-Mustaine-talks-new-album-and-Metallica

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #571 on: November 29, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »

^^ The full interview with Faster Louder with Dave Mustaine has been posted:

You?ve obviously been through the release process with albums many, many times ? where you release an album, you have certain hopes and expectations, you do the media cycle, then wait for the feedback, reviews, and of course the sales reports. Was it different with a book?

Wow, good question! Umm? not really, because when the book came out, the only thing that we were really able to gauge the success on was whether or not it was going to be on the charts, and so if it was successful on the charts we knew we were going to have a winner on our hands. I was just excited because I wanted to be able to share with the fans a little bit more about myself, and what it was like growing up.

The truth of the matter is, I caused a lot of problems over my career, I made a lot of enemies, and right now I don?t really have any enemies any more, because I?ve spent the latter part of my career being much more grateful for what I have. I have friends again in this business ? I never was friendless, but the people that mattered, I didn?t have in my life any more. It?s great to be able to pick up my phone and see a text message from Kerry [King] and it?s great to be able to check my voice mail and have a voice mail from James [Hetfield] or Lars [Ulrich]. [At the beginning of the tour] I went up and told the guys I didn?t want to try and fix our relationship, I really wanted to have a new one. And that seemed to be agreeable to everyone, and it started off a really great new relationship with everyone.

In the past, you?ve said that you found a lot of motivation to succeed in your rivalries with other bands. Are you finding you have to find inspiration in other ways now that those rivalries are over?

Oh no. No. I think it?s going to be quite easy for me to be able to find inspiration. I have a very inspired life and there are a lot of fun things that go on in my day, in my routine, there are a lot of fun people that I know. Right now, we?re in the studio already preparing for the next record and I?ve been going over finals for the last week, just trying to get everything in the right places. I?m super super excited about getting ready to do this next record.

Can you tell us about the direction that the new songs are going in? Will it be continuing the ?return of the thrash? of Endgame?

It will be more like Endgame and maybe a little bit? maybe sticking in that vein and going a little forward toward what I like. I like playing the more aggressive stuff. We were forced in a way to have to do certain things and it?s really easy for me to blame somebody, but at the end of the day it was my fault, I could have said no, but I didn?t. I was nervous that we were going to end up getting kicked off the label. I figured I would rather go underground and play what I like, and not sell as many records, but still be able to look myself in the face in the morning.

With David Ellefson back in the band, has he had much input into the writing?

Well, the writing process right now, we?re inviting all four members to get involved, and Andy Sneap, who was a great producer on the last record too. I?m not ruling anything out, if it?s going to be me writing, if it?s going to be them writing, but I talked a while ago to some people that I really respected about the potential of writing some stuff with me, so there may even be a collaboration with another song writer. We?ve done stuff like that in the past.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/26532/Megadeth

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #572 on: November 29, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »

a really great band
my top 5 albums
1 risk (unremastered)
2 the world needs a hero
3 so far so good so what
4 united abominations
5 cryptic writings or countdown (cant deside!) (both unremastered)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #573 on: November 29, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »

a really great band
my top 5 albums
1 risk (unremastered)
2 the world needs a hero
3 so far so good so what
4 united abominations
5 cryptic writings or countdown (cant deside!) (both unremastered)

You know you just picked their 5 least popular albums?  Most Megadeth fans will not even admit that Risk exists. hihi  Thats cool though, I actually like the 5 records you listed, they dont usually get enough credit. Rust in Peace is known as the bands masterpiece My favorites are...

1. Countdown To Extinction
2.Youthanasia
3.Rust In Peace
4.So Far so Good So What
5. Peace Sells.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »

An interview with Dave Mustaine with News2.co.nz where he talks about the big four tour and his possible retirement.

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine - Full Interview - Video

http://www.3news.co.nz/Megadeaths-Dave-Mustaine---full-interview-/tabid/368/articleID/190363/Default.aspx

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #575 on: December 13, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »

^^Some of what Dave Mustaine says in this interview...

MEGADETH's MUSTAINE Says He Would Rather Retire Than Extend Deal With ROADRUNNER - Dec. 13, 2010

David Farrier of New Zealand's 3 News conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine prior to the band's December 10, 2010 performance in Auckland. Dave talks about the beauty of New Zealand, how much has happened with MEGADETH and himself in this past year, he hints at possible upcoming "Big Four" shows, a new MEGADETH album on the horizon, and much more. You can now watch the 23-minute chat at this location.

On the alleged feud between him and his former bandmates in METALLICA:

Mustaine: "We've been friends for a long time. It's just that, unfortunately, some of your brethren in the press, they've kept this [feud idea going]. It's just so gay that they keep doing this. It's like, we don't have this problem. There's kind of like the two things ? there's the relationship you guys think we have and there's the relationship that we have. When we played in San Francisco recently, Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer] and his wife joined my wife and I for dinner after our concert. It's like, 'OK, you can keep believing that we don't like each other, or you can believe the truth.' I mean, you can go on to the bitter end and there'll be some dumb shit that thinks that [he knows] better and that there's a problem. Or you can wake up and smell the coffee and know that we talk together all the time. Funny thing, I was telling someone the other day, I got this message from James [Hetfield, METALLICA frontman], he had changed his cell phone number and he sent me a message saying 'I changed my number.' Before he used to change it because of me. [Laughs]"

On his collaboration with former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz:

Mustaine: "Right now, actually, believe it or not, I am in the studio with an old blast from the past. Remember Dan Spitz from ANTHRAX? He was working on a little side project, and I'd heard it a while ago and it kind of went by in passing 'cause he was just starting it. And I heard it about three weeks ago; he was almost done. And I said, 'Man, I love this record.' I said, 'And do you think it's done?' And he goes, 'Yeah.' And he goes, 'Why? What do you think?' And I said, 'Well, I would kind of do this and that.' And he goes, 'Really? Go ahead.' And I went, 'Really?' So I rolled up my sleeves and I completely dedicated myself to Danny's record for the last three weeks, working tirelessly in my studio on this record with him. And it's that good. I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing. Little bit of some smatterings of ANTHRAX because of the speed stuff, but it's much more modern and much more heavy sounding. It's just great, 'cause he's had such a bad run with his heart problems and his twin boys have autism severely. So we're just working together as friends. And he's helped me a lot with my life, too, my spiritual walk, because, as everybody knows, I became a Christian."

On MEGADETH's current record-company situation:

Mustaine: "We're getting ready to start the next MEGADETH record in January and the funny thing is my manager is telling me now how Roadrunner [which released 2007's 'United Abominations' and 2009's 'Endgame'] is going out of their way now to try and give me this new huge deal, and I just don't want it. I don't want it. The treatment's been terrible over the years, and I just don't want it. I would rather retire than continue to play like that. Either we're gonna release [future recordings] digitally [on our own] or [see] what happens next. We've got this last record [that we owe to] Roadrunner [as part of our current contract]; it's gonna be a great record 'cause the songs are really, really good. 'Cause I don't want my side of the bargain to be tainted ? I wanna be a gentleman and be respectful and deliver my side of the deal, whether or not the other party has or not."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150794

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »

Talking To The Shred Devil: An Interview With Dave Mustaine

December 13th, 2010

Most rock musicians on Wikipedia get a separate page for their discographies. Mustaine is no exception. His 12 studio and five live albums as Megadeth's mainstay have sold 25 million copies alone. But he has another separate page: 'Dave Mustaine's Feuds And Rivalries'. The most notable thing about this curious resource is not that it exists, but how woefully inadequate it is at detailing Mustaine's venomous and bountiful anger at other musicians. It covers his numerous, decade-straddling fights with various members of Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and, of course, Rotting Christ, but trails off pusillanimously after barely scratching the surface of his ire. Nowhere does it mention, for example, Jon N?dtveidt, from Dissection. Back in the day, you see, Dave was an avenging ginger angel of metal retribution, literally traversing the globe, ready to kick the ass of any chump fool enough to cross him.

"I went all the way to France to fight him, but he didn't show up." When pressed, he says: "I'm a Christian and a headliner who has been playing for 30 years. That gives me the right to pick who I want to play with. So if it's my concert and there's someone on the bill who I don't want to play with, then I should be able to say, 'I don't want 'em on there.' If it's a festival, well, that's kind of different. But I told my agent, 'Don't book me with any satanic bands.'"

The reason Dave didn't want to appear on the same bill as Dissection was his religious conversion in 2003, something that helped him finally kick his crippling habits. Just a few months later his agent, who either didn't receive or didn't understand the memo, booked him on the same festival bill as the notorious Swedish satanic thrash band. N?dtveidt, the frontman of the group, was a member of the Misanthropic Luciferian Order who believed in extreme militant nihilism. In 2003, they had just come out of a six-year hiatus while N?dtveidt served a prison sentence for helping murder a gay man.

Dave continues the story with a Christian joke: "There's darkness in all of us, dude. I'm a sinner and for me to think that I'm not going to play with any sinners, then I might as well quit right now because I play with three of them beside myself."

He claims that his manager got Dissection kicked off the bill, but he wanted them back: "I told him, 'It's hard enough getting gigs as it is now [because of his conversion to Christianity], I'll step down.'"

By this point, however, the damage was done and the customary war of words erupted in the pages of the metal press, with the heavily tattooed devil worshipper bad mouthing the newly saved God botherer. So they took the only course of action that seemed reasonable and organised a fight... in France. Dave, with the righteous might of the Lord on his side, made the journey: "Rumour had it that he'd murdered two people. But, you know, if I'm supposed to die because some guy who is in a satanic band doesn't like me, then I guess I'm supposed to die."

http://thequietus.com/articles/05440-dave-mustaine-interview-megadeth

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #577 on: December 17, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »

Ellefson: 'I Don't Think Megadeth Fans Will Be Disappointed' With Next CD

12/17/2010

Ellefson returned to Megadeth's fold in February 2010 following an eight-year hiatus, reuniting two of the group's original members. Will that add a different flavour to proceedings? "I think so" muses Ellefson. "I think what's nice to a large degree is that Dave was really the primary writer if not the only writer of the past few Megadeth records, and I think when a band works together as a unit regardless of who writes it, there tends to be a different flavour and a different style.

How the next Megadeth album will compare to "Endgame", Ellefson isn't sure, but the fans need not worry as the man himself reasons why. "This much I do know. I'm sure that after playing the 'Rust In Peace' album for the last year, that that will definitely have an influence on the sound of Megadeth moving forward."

The seeds of the ideas I think are great, and I think they're really heavy and they're powerful. I don't think Megadeth fans will be disappointed at all. If the final outcome of what I'm hearing at this point with these seeds of ideas, if these come to fruition like they should, I think we're gonna have ourselves a smoking record."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/ellefson_i_dont_think_megadeth_fans_will_be_disappointed_with_next_cd.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2011, 11:21:06 PM »

Megadeth performing at NAMM this weekend:

"Hanger 18"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_nj9pg4Ksc

"Peace Sells"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyoUVA-mxk

"Holy Wars... (reprise)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9uD8Xr6NWI

"Wake Up Dead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP6NeEBrzk

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

'Big 4' metal bands Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax to perform April 23 in Indio
Empire Polo Club will be only U.S. stop for groups, Goldenvoice promoter says

Four of the world?s top heavy metal bands are tentatively scheduled to perform April 23 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio ? during the one dark Saturday between the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals, it was announced today.

The Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice company told The Desert Sun in an exclusive interview it won a bid last weekend to present the only United States concert by the lineup of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.

The concert promoters are scheduled to present a proposal to the Indio City Council at 5 p.m today for permission to stage the concert from around 4 to 11 p.m. Indio Mayor Lupe Ramos Watson said Monday she plans to attend the show if the council approves a permit.

?I grew up in the time of Metallica,? she said. ?It?s an enjoyable experience.?

The tickets would be $99 plus fees and go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday through Ticketmaster outlets.

Digitaldreamdoor.com ranks Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax as the four best thrash or speed metal bands, as distinguished from the broader genre of heavy metal bands such as Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. The foursome have been touring Europe as The Big 4 and were widely expected to perform a tour of the United States.

But Goldenvoice promoter Paul Tollett said this will be their only U.S. concert. He categorized winning the bid over other concert promoters as ?winning the lottery.?

Tollett was forced to move Stagecoach: California?s Country Music Festival back to April 30-May 1 because it would have ended on Easter Sunday if it had maintained its tradition of following the April 15-17 Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the polo field. It might have cost Goldenvoice millions of dollars to keep equipment rentals and security on the Empire Polo Club for three weeks, but now there will only have to be minor adjustments to sandwich a third major concert between the two festivals.

There won?t be camping and there probably will be fewer concertgoers for The Big 4.

Tollett refused to speculate how many people the metal bands might attract, but Metallica drew 50,000 people for its 2003 concert at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Goldenvoice plans to run a shuttle service from four or five locations around Southern California to the polo club. It also will run shuttles to and from major hotels in the east valley.

Last year?s Coachella festival drew 225,000 people over three days, and Stagecoach attracted more than 100,000 over two days.

The festival will give Coachella Valley hotels major tourism events for five consecutive weeks with the Dinah Shore Weekend starting the celebrations March 30-April 3. The White Party in Palm Springs is scheduled the next weekend.

Watson said she won?t know how neighbors of the Empire Polo Club will feel about three major concerts on three consecutive weekends until they?ve had a chance to be heard at today?s City Council meeting, but she said past festivals have created ?a very positive experience for everyone who lives in the area.?

?My personal feelings are that the events held at the polo fields are a big boost to the economy for the Coachella Valley as a whole, not just the city of Indio,? she said. ?If you collectively count all the festivals that are held at the polo grounds, we have over a million visitors to our Coachella Valley annually and that brings with it disposable cash that gets spent in our community (and) creates job opportunities for our residents in the Coachella Valley. So I see it as a very important part of this CV?s economy.?

LINK: http://www.mydesert.com/article/20110125/LIFESTYLES0101/110125003/Metallica-Megadeth-Slayer-Anthrax-perform-Indio?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: