Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 140606 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2004, 06:41:24 AM »

I'd jump at the chance to see Megadeth, they're a great band.  The System has Failed isn't their best album, but it's pretty decent.  If they play old and new songs though, the classic ones will be worth the ticket price.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2004, 06:07:40 AM »

Got back a couple hours ago, and it was a great show.? They played a pretty nice mix of classic songs, and the audience was rockin' out.? I'm glad I went, now if I could just get that damn ringing in my left ear to stop ...

EDIT:  I've been reading Megadeth's forums for a couple weeks now, and it's really amazing how much communication there is between the band and their fans.  Too bad other bands aren't as fan friendly, it really makes you as a fan feel closer to the band when each band member, including Dave, averages a post or two weekly on their message boards.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 06:30:10 AM by echrisl » Logged

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

so true...That's been going on regardless of who happens to be in the band at a given time...The members, including Mustaine, have posted on a regular basis for years, even prior to the trend that's en vogue nowadays of in studio reports, video updates, etc...Megadeth were one of the first to really utilize those channels of insight into "the process" and communication. 
     I've heard the live shows have been awesome...Just wish things could have worked out for Menza to stick the tour out....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2005, 06:29:23 AM »

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3460
Dave Mustaine, via his official website Megadeth.com, has posted a New Year?s greeting with the forthcoming plans for Megadeth. He and his band plan to tour Europe, possibly Japan and Australia, with a ?victory lap? around the US. He?s is calling 2005, Megadeth?s 20th anniversary, the last year for the band?

Here?s the posting straight from Mr. Mustaine:

?Droogies!

?While 2005 brought much suffering and sadness to many people at its end, I hope for most of us here that were separated from such tragedy, that you had a terrific 2004.

?My heart still goes out to the Abbott family, the families who have lost loved ones in the ongoing war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and also the many millions of people around the world that had their family or a friend touched or worse by the Tsunami.

?Trivial as it may seem after saying that, I look forward to great 2005 with you all, near and far. As this final Megadeth record and tour run its course, I have met or "re-met" many of you Droogs out there; some new, some old, some crusty.

?Megadeth plans on doing the Euro/UK tour as you know, then tentatively to Japan and Oz, and hopefully South America, to be finished with one last victory lap of the States this summer.

?Since this is the final year of Megadeth, it is also fitting to remind you that it has been twenty of the best years (and hardest) of my life. Yes, KIMB came out just a wee bit less than 20 years ago and by this May, it will have been our 20th anniversary. It is also fitting that a complete lyric book come out of all my songs, which will be out in the late spring/early summer.

?On a good note, I got to wish David Ellefson Happy New Years last night (I called him). Nothing more to report there.

?This month we, Glen, Shawn, Jimmy, and myself will play a 30th anniversary party for ESP, as well as us all roaming around Winter NAMM. I know I will at least see El Duce there! Also, there will be a new video shot for ?Of Mice And Men? since it is going to be the next single.

?Then it is off to Ireland, and I cannot wait to do this last tour of Euro/UK, especially with Diamond Head. We are still trying to add 8 more shows to the end so that it is a round number of 30 shows over there and will keep you posted.

?My move is almost over and shortly after that, I imagine the creative juices will start flowing for what GOD holds in store for me next with my career.

?It is with great emotion that I write this post. I feel I can never tell you what you all have meant to me over the last twenty years. Especially people like Dave McRobb, all my beloved SLs, Heather for her columns, Doug Brooks and George Broadfoot from years before, Brian Kruger, Mike Graben and all of the old web crew, and each and every one of you Droogs new and old.

?Please make sure to say hello if you see me out on the ?Killing Road? as I would like to thank you personally for your support over my career.

?Love and Bruises,?

Mustaine sez Happy New Year!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2005, 01:03:26 PM »

Despite not actualy likeing what i've heard of the band i'm determind to change that...somehow and for some reason

My tickets to see them in Brum arrived the other day and my copy of The System has failed arrived this morning peace

ed. it's a pretty good album - again if only Mustaine would stick to guitar and leave vocals and lyrics to someone else........
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 07:41:07 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2005, 01:39:46 PM »

Izzy don't spect too much of the album I was Glad when I listened that megadeth was realising the album, but it didn't fullfil my expectations, who is the bass player?

No man can be my equal
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »

I saw them in November, and I was really glad they did.  I was never a huge fan before I saw them, but I had their Greatest Hits, and I bought The System has Failed before I saw them too.  It's not a perfect album, but it definitely has some songs I like.  Now I've started listening to Megadeth on a daily basis, hanging out at their message boards, and buying their albums one by one.  Great metal band, Dave fuckin' rocks, hope you enjoy the show. 

If you want to check out their message boards, they're at : http://forums.megadeth.com/index.php

They've got some great ideas, like all members of the band post in their own sections on the forum.

Oh, and the bassist is James MacDonough, formerly of Iced Earth

Edit:  MacDonough is the bassist who is touring with the band, the bass tracks on the album were recorded by Jimmy Sloas
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 01:50:37 PM by echrisl » Logged

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2005, 07:50:08 AM »

I saw them in November, and I was really glad they did.? I was never a huge fan before I saw them, but I had their Greatest Hits, and I bought The System has Failed before I saw them too.? It's not a perfect album, but it definitely has some songs I like.? Now I've started listening to Megadeth on a daily basis, hanging out at their message boards, and buying their albums one by one.? Great metal band, Dave fuckin' rocks, hope you enjoy the show.?

Thanks, i've also got the 'best of' on the way - as i attempt to revise in preparation, i've always assumed Megadeth are a band that work better live. I like the System has failed - okay i could have done without the psalm and the voice overs about the president dying Tongue but the music is solid and the guitar work is good 'Something that i'm not' was the song i was most impressed with after listen no. 1.

I've been to the official message board on many occaisions - that place has so many members, there was thousands online at any one time - and Dave actual writes on it, he might be some crazed religious dude but atleast he repsects his fans enough to talk to them, you hear that Axl?Huh?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2005, 06:18:42 PM »

Okay whats everyone's fav Megadeth album - i need to get some more so am looking for ideas ok

My favorites and Youthanasia and The System Has Failed.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »

Izzy, I'm glad you're starting to see sense and rate Megadeth!

I was hooked after the first listen to Rust in Peace.  I think that's the best album, although I've yet to listen to Killing Is My Business..., Youthanasia and Risk.

Megadeth are one of the best metal bands of all time, it's a shame they're leaving us later this year.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

I like the System has failed - okay i could have done without the psalm and the voice overs about the president dying Tongue but the music is solid and the guitar work is good 'Something that i'm not' was the song i was most impressed with after listen no. 1.

Yeah, that pslam was a bit odd, but I did like the way he says, "thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me"

My favorites from The System Has Failed (in no particular order) were Die Dead Enough , Truth Be Told, Of Mice and Men, and Back in the Day.

I ordered Killing is My Business the other day, and I'm really looking forward to getting it, I think it should be a great album from what I've heard about it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:12:26 PM by echrisl » Logged

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2005, 05:47:59 PM »

Favorite Megadeth Albums: Rust In Peace & Countdown to Extinction.

Favorite songs off those albums: Hangar 18 & Sweating Bullets.

Haven't really heard System, but I'm going to see them live in London in Feb and I can't wait!

Here today...ready to rock
JJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2005, 10:47:02 AM »

yesterday i went to the megadeth show in antwerp. it was awesome! they played about two hours. it was the first time i saw mustaine & co. the first band was diamond head and they sucked  hihi

mustaine is an awesome guitar player!  Shocked

my favourite album: so far, so good... so what?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2005, 12:25:22 PM »

i luv megadeth. i saw last friday in one of my local city venues (Birmingham Carling Academy, UK) and they rocked. i do admit, their songs are varied but at least they survuved. peace sells is a gr8 song and album

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2005, 03:17:44 PM »

i luv megadeth. i saw last friday in one of my local city venues (Birmingham Carling Academy, UK) and they rocked. i do admit, their songs are varied but at least they survuved. peace sells is a gr8 song and album

I was at the same show

I am so into Megadeth now, it just clicked one day, they are now easily one of my favourite bands now, superb! Just think 1 month ago just didn't like them at all....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2005, 05:01:40 PM »

fave albums for me: countdown to extintion and youthanasia
fave songs: swetting bullets, hangar 18, a tout le monde
I hope they can come to Ecuador Dream on, dream on dream on ...

No man can be my equal
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2005, 04:19:53 PM »

I was at the same show

I am so into Megadeth now, it just clicked one day, they are now easily one of my favourite bands now, superb! Just think 1 month ago just didn't like them at all....

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2005, 04:20:31 PM »

I was at the same show

Wow where u in the crowd

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2005, 04:31:45 PM »

I was at the same show

Wow where u in the crowd

I was on the balcony to Mustaine's right, safer that way Wink
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 07:40:15 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2005, 05:30:05 PM »

I was at the same show

Wow where u in the crowd
I was on the balcony to Mustaine's right, safer that way Wink
Pussy  Tongue, for a show like that you should be done in the thick of it, i'd go nuts stuck up on the balcony, i hope you were there because you could not get tickets down below....and not because you're a pussy Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: