Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141715 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2005, 04:58:04 PM »

Been listening to Risk a lot lately

Okay its not stunning - but its not particularily bad. Not sure what all the fuss is about.....and all the hatred aimed at Crush 'em Huh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Crush em kicks ass! I love that song. Insomnia and Prince of Darkness are also really good.
Megaguns
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »

Crush em is cool,  But risk is still my least favorite MD album, Anyone heard any of the demos off the re-issues?, Some are pretty cool.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2005, 04:45:05 AM »

Crush em is cool,? But risk is still my least favorite MD album, Anyone heard any of the demos off the re-issues?, Some are pretty cool.

Indeed - i bought all the re-issues (which i think improve the albums dramatically - the orginal mixes of many of the albums are fairly awful)

Most of the outtake tracks are superb - New World Order is most likely my fav Megadeth track. And the Rust in Peace Demo's are fanatastic - its great to here Chris Poland's attempts at the songs

If only Metallica would let Dave Mustaine remix ''...and justice for all'', that album is one remix away from perfection

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2005, 09:16:11 AM »

Crush em is cool,  But risk is still my least favorite MD album, Anyone heard any of the demos off the re-issues?, Some are pretty cool.

Indeed - i bought all the re-issues (which i think improve the albums dramatically - the orginal mixes of many of the albums are fairly awful)

Most of the outtake tracks are superb - New World Order is most likely my fav Megadeth track. And the Rust in Peace Demo's are fanatastic - its great to here Chris Poland's attempts at the songs

If only Metallica would let Dave Mustaine remix ''...and justice for all'', that album is one remix away from perfection

I like the vocals on the Take No Prisoners demo. Dave's vocals on the original recording on the original RiP were like a cross between that and the vocals on the remaster.

I would love remasters of the first four Metallica albums, no need for the other Metallica albums to be remastered, though, in my opinion.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »

I would love remasters of the first four Metallica albums, no need for the other Metallica albums to be remastered, though, in my opinion.

Agreed, the first 4 need a bit of work, just to update their sound - after all they were recorded under stone age conditions. As Metallica love the money it would be a relatively straightwforward way to millk the discography....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2005, 04:05:16 PM »

Agreed, the first 4 need a bit of work, just to update their sound - after all they were recorded under stone age conditions. As Metallica love the money it would be a relatively straightwforward way to millk the discography....

Recently, I read Lars' testemonial on Napster and I agreed with pretty much everything he says about it, because it affects loads of people and their jobs and not just the bands profits. Metallica haven't released any greatest hits either. I don't think they're as greedy as some people say they are, just that their products sell massive amounts.

Anyway, does anyone know when the Arsenal of Megadeth DVD is being released?

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:01 PM »

Anyway, does anyone know when the Arsenal of Megadeth DVD is being released?
I guess next year, i'm not 100% sure. It won't contain all the videos, that blows.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Megaguns
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2005, 04:32:28 AM »

I heard it was going to contain all the videos that arent already officially released. I also read somewhere that the reason its being held up is David Ellefson is giving Mustaine grief over songs he co-wrote etc.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »

Been listening to Risk a lot lately

Okay its not stunning - but its not particularily bad. Not sure what all the fuss is about.....and all the hatred aimed at Crush 'em Huh
Anyone out there thinking of not getting Risk because of the 'bad rep' go out and buy it.  Especially as this is a GN'R board, GN'R you have to admit have slightly 'pop' tendencies.  Risk is Megadeth showing that they can write different styles of songs and it's fucking good.

I like the song Seven the best, it's got a couple of great riffs and it's a quality good-time rock tune.

Megadeth getting back on track is the best news I've heard for a long time.  When they come to the UK next I'll be crawling over broken glass to get a ticket.  drool

CRUSH EM!!!  ok

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2005, 02:50:18 PM »

Risk is not one of my fave Megadeth records but there are a few tracks you can like and thats Crush 'em, I think that song was made to sing along with the masses in every concert.
Also prince of darkness is ok. Is ecstasy on that record or am I in drugs?  nervous

No man can be my equal
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »

Yep it's on the record.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2005, 04:19:32 PM »

Izzy, I have a question for you? In your Honest opinion, how good is TSHF? I haven't followed Megadeth for quite sometime.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »

Izzy, I have a question for you? In your Honest opinion, how good is TSHF? I haven't followed Megadeth for quite sometime.

The System has failed is a fantastic album - for sheer consistency its their best since Rust in Peace. Track after track offers something up - maybe the final track is a bit weaker than the rest but there isn't any other song i skip past - even the ''prayer'' has a kick ass instrumental section

Its slower than their 80's stuff, but in the place of the incredibly fast riffs u have incredibly catchy ones - no other Megadeth album has so many riffs that work as ring tones!

The first few tracks especially are full of some damn fine solo's from Chris Poland - Megadeth's guitarist back in the 80's.

Ironically enough its more accesible than their ''pop'' albums....

Its closest to Countdown to Extinction in style - the System has failed is kinda like Countdown to Extinction with far more memorable riffs. I prefer TSHF to CTE, the songs are more memorable, and like i said its far more consistent

The lyrics are strong - plenty of tracks about how he hates Metallica too - 'Something that i'm not' and 'Mice and men'

Its well worth a listen, its not going to change ur life and their is no song on here as good as November Rain but it its a damn fine album, and i was delighted that Dave played 6 tracks from it live - how many other bands play 6 tracks from their latest album? Metallica played 2....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:37:41 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »

The System has failed is a fantastic album - for sheer consistency its their best since Rust in Peace. Track after track offers something up - maybe the final track is a bit weaker than the rest but there isn't any other song i skip past - even the ''prayer'' has a kick ass instrumental section

Its slower than their 80's stuff, but in the place of the incredibly fast riffs u have incredibly catchy ones - no other Megadeth album has so many riffs that work as ring tones!

The first few tracks especially are full of some damn fine solo's from Chris Poland - Megadeth's guitarist back in the 80's.

Ironically enough its more accesible than their ''pop'' albums....

Its closest to Countdown to Extinction in style - the System has failed is kinda like Countdown to Extinction with far more memorable riffs. I prefer TSHF to CTE, the songs are more memorable, and like i said its far more consistent

The lyrics are strong - plenty of tracks about how he hates Metallica too - 'Something that i'm not' and 'Mice and men'

Its well worth a listen, its not going to change ur life and their is no song on here as good as November Rain but it its a damn fine album, and i was delighted that Dave played 6 tracks from it live - how many other bands play 6 tracks from their latest album? Metallica played 2....
Well then, I guess I'll go pick up a copy. Here's hoping it can dethrone(my favorite)Youthanasia.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2005, 11:04:36 AM »

Well then, I guess I'll go pick up a copy. Here's hoping it can dethrone(my favorite)Youthanasia.

I don't think it's gonna dethrone it.
But wasn't TSHF the left over of the CTE, Youthanesia, RIP albums?  Huh

No man can be my equal
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »

Don't know about that Mr. Dick Purple, but it's pretty damn good!!! Chris Poland ios the other orig Megadeth guitarist. IMO there are flashes of the brilliance from Peace Sells. Unfortunately Chris only helped write songs, he didn't go out on the road with dave Sad

Regardless Dave mustaine is awesome live!!!

Personally I liked "The World Needs a Hero" better than TSHF but both are really good albums, Its awesome (and surprising) that Dave has managed to keep Megadeth playing the same type of kick-ass metal for twenty-some years.

Nesquick, why bother coming into the Megadeth thread if you don't like them??

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »

The other day I was watching a downloaded bootleg of a 1984 Megadeth gig, before they even released Killing Is My Business...

Kerry King was there on stand-in lead guitar duty, Gar on drums, Ellefson on bass and the Dave on his 10-string BC Rich.  Fucking metal up your ass!  Dave taps the intro to Last Rites/Loved To Death.  Plenty of Peace Sells material (though in its early stages) which surprised me.  The picture quality is, well, 1984!  But the sound stands the test of time well.  I think my mate downloaded it off some Torrent web-site.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2005, 12:17:56 PM »

The other day I was watching a downloaded bootleg of a 1984 Megadeth gig, before they even released Killing Is My Business...

Kerry King was there on stand-in lead guitar duty, Gar on drums, Ellefson on bass and the Dave on his 10-string BC Rich.  Fucking metal up your ass!  Dave taps the intro to Last Rites/Loved To Death.  Plenty of Peace Sells material (though in its early stages) which surprised me.  The picture quality is, well, 1984!  But the sound stands the test of time well.  I think my mate downloaded it off some Torrent web-site.

And why not posting the link where we can download it?  Wink or perhaps make an upload in here

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2005, 09:20:55 AM »

Finally!

I got the Duke Nukem theme by Megadeth.

Genius, pure genius. Why dont Megadeth do more songs like that? Its got a terrific groove and more songs in that style would be welcome - Megadeth often work better doing instrumentals.

Incidently - Dave's remix of New World Order on Youthanasia (remix) is infinetly better than the original - on the original there are some awful guitar fills, which Dave thankfully leaves out!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: