Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141581 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2005, 01:52:41 PM »

The other day I was watching a downloaded bootleg of a 1984 Megadeth gig, before they even released Killing Is My Business...

Kerry King was there on stand-in lead guitar duty, Gar on drums, Ellefson on bass and the Dave on his 10-string BC Rich.  Fucking metal up your ass!  Dave taps the intro to Last Rites/Loved To Death.  Plenty of Peace Sells material (though in its early stages) which surprised me.  The picture quality is, well, 1984!  But the sound stands the test of time well.  I think my mate downloaded it off some Torrent web-site.

And why not posting the link where we can download it?  Wink or perhaps make an upload in here
It's on my mate's pc, not mine.  I'd be happy to share.  Perhaps you could look for it yourself  Wink

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2005, 11:25:10 AM »

I believe you can find it on Dime.
Haven't got the latest greatest hits. If i'm not wrong it comes with a DVD with the last performance with Marty.
Anybody here owns the From The Vaults collection? That's worth watching stuff.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Megaguns
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2005, 07:33:53 PM »

I believe you can find it on Dime.
Haven't got the latest greatest hits. If i'm not wrong it comes with a DVD with the last performance with Marty.
Anybody here owns the From The Vaults collection? That's worth watching stuff.

Is that the rust in peace tour footage? with like 8 dvds or something? if so, i always see it on ebay and want to buy it but its always too expensive.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2005, 08:34:26 PM »

Is that the rust in peace tour footage? with like 8 dvds or something? if so, i always see it on ebay and want to buy it but its always too expensive.
Yeah it shows stuff from the RIP era, apparently some roadie recorded it.
Soon we''ll hear the current lineup in a new album. According to Dave, the Drovers have written killer stuff. Let's hope it will be included on the album.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Megaguns
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

Soon we''ll hear the current lineup in a new album. According to Dave, the Drovers have written killer stuff. Let's hope it will be included on the album.
I look forward to it, Lets see how long this line up lasts.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2005, 04:38:41 AM »

I look forward to it, Lets see how long this line up lasts.

Lol - speculating how long Megadeth line ups last is one of life's little pleasures. I'm gonna say one album tops - then Dave will fire them all hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2005, 07:04:41 AM »

I thought mustaine was calling it quits?

html sucks
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2005, 08:27:24 AM »

Lol - speculating how long Megadeth line ups last is one of life's little pleasures. I'm gonna say one album tops - then Dave will fire them all hihi
Grin Of course he can do that, he's the General.
I wouldn't be surprised by that and by the fact that someday the RIP lineup will come back even if this sounds impossible.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2005, 01:23:13 PM »

Grin Of course he can do that, he's the General.
I wouldn't be surprised by that and by the fact that someday the RIP lineup will come back even if this sounds impossible.

Not likely - they are all sueing each other, its quite ugly apparently

The RIP lineup probably had its time in the sun - they showed us what they could do, i want to hear what other musicians can do with Dave, the RIP lineup probably did one to many albums as it was

Quick! To the bandwagon!
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2005, 07:57:19 PM »

for a while i thought dave was an asshole for dissing metallica but now that i think about it dave is a pretty nice guy and was treated like shit by them. they kicked him out because of his drug and alcohol addictions which is irronic because james recently admitted his alcohol problems. they fired him when he was out of his town and told him to piss off. they used the riffs that he wrote without his permission and did a version of mechanix. i can understand why he would be pissed off. now metallica fans laugh at dave in public which would be humiliating. oh well metallica and megadeth are both awesome bands  peace
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2005, 10:04:59 AM »

^I think you just watched Some kind of monster I find stupid that Metallica people molest Dave saying METALLICA!! in his face, anyway I rather like Megadeth than Metallica any day  ok

No man can be my equal
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2005, 04:25:47 PM »

I can't wait for the new album - While TSHF was an alright record, I really felt like it was a "cleaning out the closet" kind of project, as it was made up of unused ideas that Dave had been kicking around for a while.

With that CD done and released, I'm looking forward to a totally new musical experience from the new Megadeth lineup - I hear that the new guys kick ass, so hopefully the new blood spurs the guys to greater heights with the new CD.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2005, 04:34:05 PM »

I can't wait for the new album - While TSHF was an alright record, I really felt like it was a "cleaning out the closet" kind of project, as it was made up of unused ideas that Dave had been kicking around for a while.
Yeah. Actually it was meant to be Mustaine's solo album since the beginning but the record company told him to put the band's name on the cover.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Megaguns
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:21 AM »

FUKIN MEGADETH ARE STILL THE GODS OF METAL!!!!! DAVE RULES!!!!!!! Most metal bands around now write music about satan and stuff  they think puts them in that market, Megadeth was never about satanic shit, just great riffs with lyrics that are written about actual stuff.... politics, drug abuse, friends, family,. megadeth are the true pioneers of metal, Just listen to Rust in peace, that IS the best that metal got to in the nineties. I have been into megadeth for a long longg time and i dont need to justify myself to anyone, but just listen to the music of those two bands that names start with an M and then tell me whos the best musician.
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2005, 10:00:04 AM »

megadeth are simply a fucking great band

only 2nd to guns n roses

songs like holy wars and wake up dead will NEVER be beaten

G'N'F'N'R's
Megaguns
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2005, 01:06:10 AM »

Anyone care to fill me in on which megadeth dvd bootlegs are worth having, Preferrably something pro shot but from around 1992 or so, I already have the hammersmith odeon dvd from 92 and the melbourne 2005 ones.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2005, 05:10:27 PM »

only 2nd to guns n roses

I saw Ric Flair beat Holy Wars and Wake Up Dead in a handicap cage match for the WCW Tag Titles, so I beg to differ.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2005, 05:27:28 PM »

only 2nd to guns n roses

I saw Ric Flair beat Holy Wars and Wake Up Dead in a handicap cage match for the WCW Tag Titles, so I beg to differ.

Huh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2005, 08:32:31 PM »

only 2nd to guns n roses

Huh
WCW thing  Wink

Bret Miller interviewing Marty Friedman

BM: How did your appearance on WCW Nitro come about? What is your connection?

MF: Goldberg is a big Megadeth fan. We're fans of his. The producer/director of Universal Soldier heard "Crush'em" and wanted it for his movie that had Goldberg in it. That's how the connection started and it turned into a really cool thing with Goldberg using Crush'em as his theme song and with us playing on Monday Nitro, it was real exciting for us to be in that wrestling atmosphere because it was just like the biggest, wildest rock concert that we've ever been to. It wasn't even a rock concert except for us playing. We hope to do more.

BM: I actually saw you on the show. I hear "...And now, Megadeth!" I was happy to see the performance.

MF: After the one song, we went off the air and played three more songs with the Nitro Girls dancing on stage with us. That was the highlight for us because instead of turning around and seeing the three sweaty dudes I'm used to seeing, I saw a bunch of sexy women shaking their asses.

BM: Sounds surreal.

MF: It was surreal in a good way.

BM: It looked like a Vegas show to me.

MF: That's wrestling, man.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2005, 01:49:27 PM »

I wonder what songs they played after they went off the air.  Megadeth should've became wrestlers like the Misfits did.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: