Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141573 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

Well TWNAH tour was supposed to be the last after Dave got hurt, then Gigantour was supposed to be the last, now it looks like he plans to do at least another Gigantour so we might get as many Megadeth farewell tours as Kiss gave us hihi
Well I can live with that? hihi
Also who's playing the bass now?? Huh

ummmm, hold on............... (Have to get my copy of TSHF out hihi )

A chap named Jamie Lee Sloas plays bass on the album, dunno if he is the live musician as well.

Dave Ellefson is actually suing Dave Mustaine for royalies of the megadeth back catalogue. Do you beleive that shit?!!! rant If anyone got a free ride for 100 years it's him.

I think the song "Something that I'm not" is about Dave Ellefson, it's not a fact, just what i believe peace

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2006, 03:42:35 AM »

Well I can live with that? hihi
Also who's playing the bass now?? Huh

The current bassist of Megadeth is James McDonough.  He used to play in the band Iced Earth.  He didn't play on TSHF, but he played on the entire tour that came after it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

Well TWNAH tour was supposed to be the last after Dave got hurt, then Gigantour was supposed to be the last, now it looks like he plans to do at least another Gigantour so we might get as many Megadeth farewell tours as Kiss gave us hihi
Well I can live with that  hihi
Also who's playing the bass now?  Huh

ummmm, hold on............... (Have to get my copy of TSHF out hihi )

A chap named Jamie Lee Sloas plays bass on the album, dunno if he is the live musician as well.

Dave Ellefson is actually suing Dave Mustaine for royalies of the megadeth back catalogue. Do you beleive that shit?!!! rant If anyone got a free ride for 100 years it's him.

I think the song "Something that I'm not" is about Dave Ellefson, it's not a fact, just what i believe peace

Thast plain stupid!! i hate when things like this happens!! 2 friends got apart and now looking to make extra money  rant

Thanks Rob for tha name  ok

No man can be my equal
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »

what happened between Mustaine and Ellefson anyways?
I think Ellefson is a great bassist.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »

Not sure, I think that when Mustaine got hurt and disbanded Megadeth that that was it and Mustaine figured that he was Megadeth and had the right to all royalties and Ellefson was just a hired musician. I guess Ellefson thought otherwise. and after Mustaine decided to start Megadeth up again Ellefson said that he didn't want to be in Megadeth anymore. Somewhere during that time Ellefson sued Mustaine for royalties.

I'm sure some of that has been distorted in my brain, I just kinda peiced the info together from what I've read on the net and seen on TV over the past few years. (I didn't really get into Megadeth that much until '99/'00, I mean i liked RIP and CDTE but got away from them after that then I picked up youthanasia in '99 or so, since then I've gotten all the albums and have bought the last 2 albums within a couple weeks of their respective releases and had the privilage of seeing Gigantour in the summer)

I would be interested to hear some facts of the history of Megadeth. If anyone want's to post some ok

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2006, 05:42:45 AM »

As far as a farewell tour (or several  Wink ), Dave actually decided to keep going under the Megadeth name, and the band from the last tour is supposedly working on a new album, so it looks like Megadeth will be around for the foreseeable future.

There's a fairly comprehensive Megadeth history on Wikipedia, much better than a brief post I could make:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadeth

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Megaguns
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2006, 02:16:18 AM »

Holy shit!!! while all of this new gunners songs stuff was going on; megadeth lost james..... he quit or something, maybe ellefson will come back? i read dave and dave had dinner togethor recently.
jeez, this guy goes through more musicians than axl.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2006, 09:33:38 AM »

Its about Metallica, and Lars Ulrich in particular

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »

Its about Metallica, and Lars Ulrich in particular

Really? the whole SKOM deal then?

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »

Last night I listened to Youthanasia for the first time in about six years, and I must say, I can believe what an absolutely Fucking AMAZING album it is! Every song on this album is an A+
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:54:48 AM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2006, 05:36:20 PM »

Last night I listened to Youththanasia for the first time in about six years, and I must say, I can believe what an absolutely Fucking AMAZING album it is! Every song on this album is an A+

Indeed, really quite special - and the remixed version has 'new world order' on it - the original is good, but the remix is just wonderous.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2006, 12:13:24 AM »

Last night I listened to Youththanasia for the first time in about six years, and I must say, I can believe what an absolutely Fucking AMAZING album it is! Every song on this album is an A+

Indeed, really quite special - and the remixed version has 'new world order' on it - the original is good, but the remix is just wonderous.
Remixed or Remastered? If Remastered I'll pick it up right know.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2006, 06:55:57 AM »

Apparently Megadeth's new bassist is James LoMenza.  I've heard a lot of good things about him (although I'm not too familiar with him, personally) ... apparently he played with Black Label Society for a while.

Of all the people nicknamed JLo who could have joined Megadeth, he's tops on my list.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »

So McDonough is out yet? Too bad, his live input did good to the band.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #254 on: February 21, 2006, 07:00:57 AM »

Yeah, I liked his live energy, and couldn't fault his playing, either.

Neither he or Dave has said too much about his reasons for leaving, other than to both say they hope to remain on good terms. 

This is totally me speculating, but I wonder if the source of conflict wasn't that McDonough wanted to drop the pick for the next album, since that's how he played before he was in Megadeth (from what I heard, Dave wanted him to pick because that's how Jr. played).

Should also be interesting to see how LoMenza plays with 'deth, because I believe he has been primarily a finger picker up to this point (or at least that's what I've been told).

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »

Remixed or Remastered? If Remastered I'll pick it up right know.

Both - remixed and remastered, new parts added, old parts removed, and everything sounds superb

Let's face it the original albums were poorly produced - Rust in Peace has no bass....

New World Order on Younthanasia (remix) is also a remix, and sounds much better than the original New World Order

.....i'm sure thats more confusing that it should be

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2006, 03:34:12 PM »

Neither he or Dave has said too much about his reasons for leaving, other than to both say they hope to remain on good terms.?

This is totally me speculating, but I wonder if the source of conflict wasn't that McDonough wanted to drop the pick for the next album, since that's how he played before he was in Megadeth (from what I heard, Dave wanted him to pick because that's how Jr. played).

Should also be interesting to see how LoMenza plays with 'deth, because I believe he has been primarily a finger picker up to this point (or at least that's what I've been told).
That wouldn't surprise at all if that's the reason behind his departure.  Anyways i'm looking forward for the Arsenal and the Live in Argentina DVD.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2006, 10:53:42 PM »

According to several recent interviews I've read, it sounds like LoMenza is going to use a pick for all the previous material, and see what direction Dave wants to take things in regard to the new record ... I bet I know exactly which direction he'll want to take things ... Dave has never struck me as a huge fan finger picking.   Wink

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2006, 11:42:29 AM »

Neither he or Dave has said too much about his reasons for leaving, other than to both say they hope to remain on good terms. 

That wouldn't surprise at all if that's the reason behind his departure.  Anyways i'm looking forward for the Arsenal and the Live in Argentina DVD.

I saw a live in argentina Clip a while ago and it was absolutly superb, but on this DVD what Megadeth visit is?

No man can be my equal
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2006, 01:46:01 PM »

The last one they did in october '05. They also filmed a little unplugged session in a park with all the local fans which i hope will be included in the DVD.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: