Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141627 times)
Megaguns
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2006, 03:12:45 AM »

anyone got the new dvd yet? arsenal? I bought mine off ebay and am waiting for it still.. Cry    is it good?
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2006, 04:46:20 AM »

Yeah i got it, it's average, nothing special and it's also too short..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:51:28 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Megaguns
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2006, 04:02:56 AM »

I got my copy of Arsenal Of Megadeth today, Im very dissapointed.... Not much new that i havent seen before, The hidden track of martys audition (press enter when the screen says 1990 on disc 1) is pretty cool. Other than that this dvd had so much potential but they blew it, Plus they built up the hype of all of this backstage footage and the episode of drew carey when most of it is just crap, I dont know how many live versions of Symphony Of Destruction i need? now i have a few more to add to the list i guess, And my Rusted pieces dvd is now pretty much useless, Why keep releasing the same videos over and over?...... 5/10
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »

Sounds dissappointing.  It's the same with GN'R, there must be tons of good shit just lying around at some record company office that needs to be released.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2006, 05:34:42 PM »

hey guys my friend gave me a burned copy of "Rust In Peace" and i'm pretty sure its the original recording. Should i get the remixed and remastered version? i could have sworn i read somwhere the new version isn't as good or something, i heard the vocals were redone too. what do u guys think about the new version? i mean im a new fan and im getting into them with "rust in peace" and i love this original version should i bother with the new one? I mean am i really missing out if i don't get this new version? thanx guys
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:39:30 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2006, 01:56:49 AM »

I've heard mixed things regarding the remasters.  I only got into Megadeth a couple years ago, and by then you really couldn;t find the original versions in stores anymore unless you find them used or on the internet.  I think the production on the remasters is amazing.  My remastered copy of Rust In Peace sounds flawless...some of the best production I've heard.  However, many of the people I know who got into Megadeth much earlier say they prefer the old versions of the albums.  Either way you go tough they're one helluva band.  Mustaine is a genius.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »

Remasters:  I only owned the original recording Rust In Peace originally, but still bought the remaster and didn't regret it (it's only a fiver in most places anyway).   I've since bought all the albums in remastered state and they rule!  Plus if you line them up you get a picture of Vic  ok

Arsenal of Megadeth:  Have now watched both discs and can't really fault it.  It's good but I don't think it really lives up to the hype the record company made for it.  The censoring of the word 'bitch' is confusing as they don't censor the word *cough* 'cunt' during Anarchy In The UK!!  Worth getting.

Megadeth also have a new bassist and will soon (maybe surrently?) be recording the new album.

Megaguns
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2006, 04:37:21 AM »

theyve signed to roadrunner, i dont know if thats good or bad.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2006, 09:46:23 AM »

wow....roadrunner is small....but it don't matter their fans will come as long as the music is good....it's a good signing for roadrunner ok

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2006, 03:10:54 PM »

Don't see how that can be bad news.  It doesn't really mean the album's gonna be hard to find!

I wonder if the sound is to become slightly less mainstream?  Maybe Dave's entering a death metal phase  rofl  Hopefully not though.  I wouldn't mind another album similar to The System Has Failed.

Megaguns
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2006, 05:48:44 AM »

Don't see how that can be bad news.? It doesn't really mean the album's gonna be hard to find!

I wonder if the sound is to become slightly less mainstream?? Maybe Dave's entering a death metal phase? rofl? Hopefully not though.? I wouldn't mind another album similar to The System Has Failed.

I thought TSHF was their best work sinse Countdown, I cant see the newy sounding too much like TSHF unless poland lays down some tracks again, Im really afraid that its gonna suck.... but i hope not...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2006, 06:01:11 AM »

let's face it the original albums were poorly produced - Rust in Peace has no bass....

Well ive listened to both versions and i preffer the bass sound in the original mix, i overall love the original mix the guitar sounds clearer, on the remaster things are TOO balanced and it covers up the bass alot more, plus the bass solo in take no prisoners sounds way better on the original too.

html sucks
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2006, 05:02:28 AM »

Don't see how that can be bad news.  It doesn't really mean the album's gonna be hard to find!

I wonder if the sound is to become slightly less mainstream?  Maybe Dave's entering a death metal phase  rofl  Hopefully not though.  I wouldn't mind another album similar to The System Has Failed.

I thought TSHF was their best work sinse Countdown, I cant see the newy sounding too much like TSHF unless poland lays down some tracks again, Im really afraid that its gonna suck.... but i hope not...

I don't know how much it's going to sound like TSHF, but I'm pretty sure it won't suck ... Dave learned his lesson after Risk and TWNAH (I hope).

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2006, 05:09:53 AM »

let's face it the original albums were poorly produced - Rust in Peace has no bass....

Well ive listened to both versions and i preffer the bass sound in the original mix, i overall love the original mix the guitar sounds clearer, on the remaster things are TOO balanced and it covers up the bass alot more, plus the bass solo in take no prisoners sounds way better on the original too.

I applaud your hearing because i cant here any bass at all

Metal needs the bass in their - thats what makes it sound heavy, thats what gives it its punch - its too quiet, at any volume

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2006, 07:23:26 AM »

Metal needs the bass in their - thats what makes it sound heavy, thats what gives it its punch - its too quiet, at any volume

Then applaud me because i have no problem hearing it. ok

html sucks
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »

RIP has bass, it's just lost in the original mix.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:03 AM »

RIP has bass, it's just lost in the original mix.

i really dont get everyone here, i can honestly pick out the bass pretty easily, ive got both versions and the difference is very noticable, i dunno maybe you people have even older versions that that of what i have i dunno but i have no problem hearing it, i even asked a friend of mine in london over msn if he has any trouble hearing the bass on the original version and he said he doesnt so i dunno.

html sucks
Megaguns
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2006, 09:41:27 AM »

yeah i noticed the bass on dawn patrol....  yes
EccoTides
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »

Bumpage for this thread - I just picked up Peace Sells...

And damn. I can't believe I waited this long! Absolutely loving it so far.  ok
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2006, 04:06:45 AM »

Bumpage for this thread - I just picked up Peace Sells...

And damn. I can't believe I waited this long! Absolutely loving it so far.  ok

Peace Sells is a great album. Megadeth is my 2nd fav band and they rule!

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: