Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:48:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141676 times)
gun
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

Rust in Peace is not commercial in the least and it is Megadeth's best accomplishment.? I'm not saying that the earlier albums were commercial I'm saying that Rust In Peace certainly WAS NOT.? In fact there isn't a song on the album that could be labeled commercial.? The next album is when they started going to a more "radio friendly" sound and that is the Countdown to Extinction album.? Still yet it was a great album.? The next album (Youthanasia) was a masterpiece as well.? The only failure was Risk, Cryptic Writings was borderline but songs like A Secret Place and Use the Man helped save it to an "ok" album rather than disaster.? The last two albums have been very solid.? Many people give The System Has Failed the nod over The World Needs a Hero but I disagree.? The song WHEN from Hero is one of the best songs Megadeth has ever did in their entire career.? Return to Hangar, Recipe For Hate...Warhorse, and Disconnect were excellent as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 09:21:23 AM by Captain James T. Kirk » Logged
Hysteron
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »

Rust in Peace is not commercial

If you buy a rock collection CD, you're more likely to find Holy Wars than anything else. Where I am the most played Megadeth song on radio, or TV is Hanger 14.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2006, 09:23:05 AM »

If you buy a rock collection CD, you're more likely to find Holy Wars than anything else. Where I am the most played Megadeth song on radio, or TV is Hanger 14.

doesnt mean its not good. i find it one of the best thrash/progressive metal albums that isnt from the 80s.

html sucks
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2006, 09:23:24 AM »

Ok, you're definitely wrong about the Metallica album. Most hardcore Metallica fans pretend the band broke up in 1990. Wink
I'd agree with that. ?I don't think anything post-black is gonna make kids want to pick up a guitar.

"holy sh1t, I can pley invizible kid omg!"

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hysteron
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »

doesnt mean its not good. i find it one of the best thrash/progressive metal albums that isnt from the 80s.

I never said RIP isn't a great album.
gun
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2006, 09:26:30 AM »

I respectfully disagree to the max on this statement. ?You are FAR more likely to hear Peace Sells or Symphony of Destruction before you would ever hear Holy Wars. ?
Hysteron
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2006, 09:29:58 AM »

I respectfully disagree to the max on this statement. ?You are FAR more likely to hear Peace Sells or Symphony of Destruction before you would ever hear Holy Wars. ?

Symphony would be close, but I've never heard Peace Sells on the radio or TV, but maybe thats just where I am.
gun
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »

Symphony would be close, but I've never heard Peace Sells on the radio or TV, but maybe thats just where I am.
Could be...if you are hearing Holy Wars on the radio I envy you!   
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #368 on: November 25, 2006, 07:56:13 PM »

Ok, you're definitely wrong about the Metallica album. Most hardcore Metallica fans pretend the band broke up in 1990. Wink
I'd agree with that.  I don't think anything post-black is gonna make kids want to pick up a guitar.

"holy sh1t, I can pley invizible kid omg!"

LOL, too true - I spit out my soda reading that.   hihi

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
Megaguns
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2006, 03:53:22 AM »

the new song is available on the website. the one i thought sucked.
And you would be correct, Fuck man, i hope this isnt a sign of things to come....
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2006, 04:46:20 AM »

And you would be correct, Fuck man, i hope this isnt a sign of things to come....

If its a filler on the album.. like.. one of the "average" tracks I'll be happy.

Anyways... I want to hear the rest soon!

gnrevolution.com
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #371 on: January 19, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »

Well, today Dave officially revealed his new guitar endorsement at NAMM:

*drumroll*

Dean Guitars it is ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Risico
Rocker

« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:29 AM »

Agreed - I'm not impressed at all. Luckily Washington's Next was a rad song (live) but this... ugh. I know Megadeth can be spotty, but this song feels especially weak.

Megaguns
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2007, 04:28:48 AM »

Anyone hear their new song "Sleepwalker"? Its pretty fucking cool, Im not going to post the link here because its supposed to be available only to the fan club members, But a simple google search will find you the link   Wink
GeraldFord
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2007, 04:36:02 AM »

I like Megadeth and all, but Dave Mustaine has got to be one of the biggest idiots, like ever. Whenever he opens his mouth it's just embarrassing.
Megaguns
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »

I like Megadeth and all, but Dave Mustaine has got to be one of the biggest idiots, like ever. Whenever he opens his mouth it's just embarrassing.
Thats true,......... Ill just sit here and continue to watch your avatar.... over and over.....   hihi
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #376 on: February 26, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »

Anyone hear their new song "Sleepwalker"? Its pretty fucking cool, Im not going to post the link here because its supposed to be available only to the fan club members, But a simple google search will find you the link   Wink

You know.. I couldn't find that link.. maybe.. if.. someone.. sent it to me..  Grin

gnrevolution.com
Risico
Rocker

« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »

I'm actually pretty disappointed in Sleepwalker - Dave might be officially out of ideas, because this sounds like about 5 Megadeth songs slapped together with modern production.

I mean, it's not a bad song - Just sounds like Dave's treading water.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2007, 02:30:03 AM »

actually Dave Mustaine is probably the most intelligent guy in hard rock and metal....he knows alot about politics, music and life in general....he is actually informed on current events and how our system works...unlike most metal guys who throw up the horns and bang their heads.....listen to his lyrics....
Megaguns
« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2007, 09:32:10 PM »

ummmmmm...... I........ ummmmm very dissapointed...  no

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=106622

A tout le crap

this is a link to the page where the ACTUAL link is, just so i dont get in the shit.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: