Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141594 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »

I've heard gears of war and is ok, nothing woooa about it, something that we all have heard before so I guess I'm with all the people that doesn't think is a 10/10 song

No man can be my equal
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #381 on: March 20, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »

These new songs are boring as hell... still can't wait to hear the whole album...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #382 on: March 21, 2007, 01:02:27 PM »

What does everyone think of the new A Toute Le Monde?  I think it's ok but don't agree with putting it on the LP.  Maybe a b-side?

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #383 on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »

where u getting these d/l's from?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #384 on: March 21, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »

What does everyone think of the new A Toute Le Monde?? I think it's ok but don't agree with putting it on the LP.? Maybe a b-side?

Haven't heard the new version, but I thought the original was great as it was.
Why was it re-recorded for this album?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2007, 06:58:30 AM »

Their set last night in Toronto was fucking slamming. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »

What does everyone think of the new A Toute Le Monde?  I think it's ok but don't agree with putting it on the LP.  Maybe a b-side?

Haven't heard the new version, but I thought the original was great as it was.
Why was it re-recorded for this album?

"A Tout Le Monde", which originally appeared on the 1994 CD "Youthanasia", has created controversy because the song was cited in an online post by Dawson College killer Kimveer Gill as one of his favorites before his Montreal shooting spree last September. MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine contends that he wanted to give the song a second shot at success...

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69170

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2007, 12:16:20 AM »

Their set last night in Toronto was fucking slamming. smoking

What was on the set? I'm seeing them on the 28th in LA....

gnrevolution.com
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »

Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi95GrZSOrg&mode=related&search=

Maybe some day Slash and AXL will have a coversation like that ?!
Who knows..thats life.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #389 on: March 27, 2007, 08:36:19 AM »

MEGADETH: Full-Length Version Of 'A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)' Available For Streaming

MEGADETH's new version of the song "A Tout Le Monde", now retitled "A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)", is available for streaming in its entirety at this location:

http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/Megadeth/Megadeth-AToutLeMonde.wma

"A Tout Le Monde", which originally appeared on the 1994 CD "Youthanasia", has created controversy because the song was cited in an online post by Dawson College killer Kimveer Gill as one of his favorites before his Montreal shooting spree last September. MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine contends that he wanted to give the song a second shot at success, as the original video for it had been banned by MTV, and most radio stations followed suit. The track ended up featuring Cristina Scabbia from Italian alt-metal act LACUNA COIL. "The first singer didn't work out," Mustaine told Straight.com, "the second one didn't work, and the third one was Lisa Marie Presley. She was on the way to the airport, and we had to call and say, 'Sorry, we changed our minds.' I would have loved to have heard what Lisa Marie Presley would have done, but because of the demographics of the LACUNA COIL fan base, and Cristina's reign in the heavy-metal business, it was the right thing to do."

Read more here.....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69403
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #390 on: March 27, 2007, 12:22:50 PM »

MEGADETH: Full-Length Version Of 'A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)' Available For Streaming

MEGADETH's new version of the song "A Tout Le Monde", now retitled "A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)", is available for streaming in its entirety at this location:

http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/Megadeth/Megadeth-AToutLeMonde.wma

"A Tout Le Monde", which originally appeared on the 1994 CD "Youthanasia", has created controversy because the song was cited in an online post by Dawson College killer Kimveer Gill as one of his favorites before his Montreal shooting spree last September. MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine contends that he wanted to give the song a second shot at success, as the original video for it had been banned by MTV, and most radio stations followed suit. The track ended up featuring Cristina Scabbia from Italian alt-metal act LACUNA COIL. "The first singer didn't work out," Mustaine told Straight.com, "the second one didn't work, and the third one was Lisa Marie Presley. She was on the way to the airport, and we had to call and say, 'Sorry, we changed our minds.' I would have loved to have heard what Lisa Marie Presley would have done, but because of the demographics of the LACUNA COIL fan base, and Cristina's reign in the heavy-metal business, it was the right thing to do."

Read more here.....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=69403

WOW very well mixed,i love it !!!!

Set me free peace

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #391 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »

It does sound very cool  ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 27, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »

that sounded great....its hard not to mess up a great song....good job on Daves part...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #393 on: March 27, 2007, 05:13:09 PM »

I like it very much!

I listened to it...then realised I had definitely heard it before...(I'm not a hardcore Megadeth fan)

Very good song I think, and very well re-made.
Megaguns
« Reply #394 on: March 28, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

ok, so now we can listen to "never walk allone" and "play for blood" These songs kick ass.

Here is the link http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/mod_windows/fullmetal.asx

the songs can be heard at 1hr 9mins and 2hr 56mins.

ROCK THE FUCK ON!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:29:55 PM by DISCOSTU » Logged
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #395 on: March 30, 2007, 03:13:51 AM »

so is megadeth  death metal?

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #396 on: March 30, 2007, 03:39:19 AM »

so is megadeth  death metal?

Nope. Some of their albums are thrashy... KIMB and some of PSBWB... maybe some of TSHF is thrashy

Some are tech thrash... well..one is... Rust In Peace (their best album really)

Countdown To Extinction is like.. mainstream metal stuff.

The other albums are alternative? I haven't listened really...

gnrevolution.com
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »

so is megadeth? death metal?
Affermative.

Early-on their stuff was speed metal, although there were plenty of good slowed down songs too.  "Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good" was a short first record, with some good spots.  Second album "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" was the first really good record and started to get the band major attention.  Then came "So Far, So Good... So What?" which was possibly less good than the previous album but still great by thrah standards.  Fourth album "Rust In Peace" was the pinnacle of that genre imo, absolutely stunning music let alone metal.  "Countdown To Extinction" made them big and this is where they slowed down, "Youthanasia" was similar.  "Criptic Writings" brought in some pop fundamentals but still a quality metal record.  "Risk" was more poppy and not well received (although I like it), hence the name!  "The World Needs A Hero" was a return to metal but ultimately not very good.  The System Has Failed was a return to form and is a seriously good thrash album.

Not to mention the visits to rehab and line-up changes in between!  There, my own little Megadeth in a nutshell review  ok

Megaguns
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »

Affermative.

Early-on their stuff was speed metal, although there were plenty of good slowed down songs too.? "Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good" was a short first record, with some good spots.? Second album "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" was the first really good record and started to get the band major attention.? Then came "So Far, So Good... So What?" which was possibly less good than the previous album but still great by thrah standards.? Fourth album "Rust In Peace" was the pinnacle of that genre imo, absolutely stunning music let alone metal.? "Countdown To Extinction" made them big and this is where they slowed down, "Youthanasia" was similar.? "Criptic Writings" brought in some pop fundamentals but still a quality metal record.? "Risk" was more poppy and not well received (although I like it), hence the name!? "The World Needs A Hero" was a return to metal but ultimately not very good.? The System Has Failed was a return to form and is a seriously good thrash album.

Not to mention the visits to rehab and line-up changes in between!? There, my own little Megadeth in a nutshell review? ok

United abominations is shaping up to be even better than TSHF, From what ive heard so far the songs that are not supposed to be available to the public are the big guns.Play for blood and never walk alone remind me very much of the pre 1994 megadeth!!   ok
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2007, 07:43:12 AM »

Affermative.

Early-on their stuff was speed metal, although there were plenty of good slowed down songs too.? "Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good" was a short first record, with some good spots.? Second album "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" was the first really good record and started to get the band major attention.? Then came "So Far, So Good... So What?" which was possibly less good than the previous album but still great by thrah standards.? Fourth album "Rust In Peace" was the pinnacle of that genre imo, absolutely stunning music let alone metal.? "Countdown To Extinction" made them big and this is where they slowed down, "Youthanasia" was similar.? "Criptic Writings" brought in some pop fundamentals but still a quality metal record.? "Risk" was more poppy and not well received (although I like it), hence the name!? "The World Needs A Hero" was a return to metal but ultimately not very good.? The System Has Failed was a return to form and is a seriously good thrash album.

Not to mention the visits to rehab and line-up changes in between!? There, my own little Megadeth in a nutshell review? ok

United abominations is shaping up to be even better than TSHF, From what ive heard so far the songs that are not supposed to be available to the public are the big guns.Play for blood and never walk alone remind me very much of the pre 1994 megadeth!!? ?ok
Where have I heard that before?!  Cheesy

I hope Dave can deliver.  It's strange to think this album nearly wasn't going to happen, Dave almost disbanded Megadeth (again).

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: