Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Gilby in Switzerland report
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby in Switzerland report  (Read 2817 times)
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« on: April 24, 2006, 03:18:47 AM »

Went to Gilby's show yesterday - short version: AWESOME   Shocked  beer (and  drool, too...)

Club's called Rock City and has a capacity of ~ 150 people. It's sort of away from everything & it was a sunday night, so I'd say there were about 50 to 60 people. There were two openers, a dude called Doug Doppler (who knows how to play the guitar pretty well), and a band called Silver Dirt who were ok.

Gilby took the stage with "Wasn't Yesterday Great". He looked awesome (as if he'd just stepped down from a poster from '92 drool - geez I wish I had hair like that... anyway, shirt and tight pants as always). He played a lot from the Pawn Shop Guitars album (I remember "Black", "Cure Me Or Kill Me" was killer, "Tijuana Jail", and some more which I forgot). Gn'R songs were KOHD (in that good old Gn'R version *sniff-the-good-old-times*), and SCOM (his drummer sang, Gilby: "I can't sing this song, it's too high. This is a very high, high, high song..."). His band is awesome - a drummer and a bassman who not only play their instrument very well, they also sing fuckin great! All seemed to have great fun playing - hit every note, Rock as it should always be  ok ok ok .
They also played "Monkey Chow" by Snakepit, and "With A Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles.

I had to leave early (sunday means no late trains  Cry ), and heard "Dead Flowers" being the encore from outside. They gave autographs after the show (but as I said - had to leave). Got myself a Shirt, and took some pics (only crappy cams were allowed, so you'll have to wait for them to be developped. I'll post 'em here).

All in all: If you have a chance to catch the dude on his European tour, go there. It's worth twice the money.

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:38:31 AM »

Hey, I was there too!!

I took lots of pictures : http://www.ovnifrance.com/gilby they let me in with my camera... didn't even ask! I was just in front of Gilby taking pictures and recording some movies (not very good quality) and it was alright!

I took a pic of the selist (upside down).

Maybe you saw me there! Take a look at the pics where I'm with Gilby Cool

And I guess there was less than 150 persons there!! It was great!! Got back home at 3.30am and woke up at 6.30 lol... Cheesy

Dead Flowers was GREAT!!!! They played a part of Used To Love Her in Dead Flowers, it was really great!!!

tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:32:08 AM »

LOL yeah I remember you guys. I'm the chick with the really long hair and the fucked up knee, you probably saw me when I first arrived, I sat right next to you guys. I stood in front to the right during the Gilby show.

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:49:30 PM »

Yeah, I saw you Cool You had an Axl Rose T-Shirt when you arrived!

Cool, I'm not the only swiss GN'R fan on the web anymore Grin lol!!

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:19:34 AM »

watch out....her most evilness "tonya_ytzerman" is always around? Grin

Re-Union time, baby!!
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 03:18:45 PM »

My pics are now on http://bkatrin.fotki.com/2006/gilby_clarke__rock_city/ . Have fun  beer !

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »

Cool!! We can see the hair of my wife on some of your pix!! lol Cheesy Nice pix Cool

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 04:16:36 PM »

I took lots of pictures : http://www.ovnifrance.com/gilby ...

Awesome, thanks for posting  Smiley

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: