Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Heard on Sirius "Left of Center" today at about 1PM EST (CD ancmt rumor)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Heard on Sirius "Left of Center" today at about 1PM EST (CD ancmt rumor)  (Read 17746 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 04:55:50 AM »

I think it's BS
Size of the audiance is too small for the biggest rock news in the history.
Minimum MTV and CNN.
Of course those gigs will have some journalists there to make a review. They will mention it and it would spread like wildfire.

Also, if he indeed give us the good news, he'll sure make an official statement the day after, confirming everything. The thing is: Axl would like to give the die-hard fans the big news first.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 07:06:33 AM »

I'd be a great way to announce it I reckon

It would draw alot of attention and would be picked up by media almost instantly

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »

My intial theory (which honestly, had no real merit - it was pure speculation on my part) was that they'd release a single on May 16th.. (Between the two shows).  Of course that kind of got blown to hell when the shows on the 12th / 14th were announced.  I do like that more and more independent sources are indicating a release is iminent.  (RIR, Sirius, various others)  That can only be construed as positive, in my opinion.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 07:55:41 AM »

OK, to those questioning that he'd release the news to the relatively small group at the Hammerstein shows:

I've still YET to see any Mezz1 tickets, amongst the board members, for the show on the 15th.  Anyone else?  I've seen exactly ONE ticket on stub hub...at 3 times the price of other tickets.

Now, it could be a VIP section, or for a video shoot, or for a number of other things.

But the other day, when discussing this thread, another idea occurred to me.  Purely speculation, of course.

What if it's for a "radio simulcast" of the show?  Maybe on Sirius?  And maybe part of that simulcast would be Axl announcing the release date?

It'd get the story out to a wider audience, get talked about in the media, and would be great publicity for Sirius.

Again, all just complete speculation with absolutely no foundation.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 08:47:51 AM »

Pilferk's right - I haven't seen really any Mezz1 tix for the 15th, either.  It does at least help to add to the speculative fires, if nothing else.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2006, 08:50:22 AM »

Pilferk's right - I haven't seen really any Mezz1 tix for the 15th, either.? It does at least help to add to the speculative fires, if nothing else.

-darknemus

mikegiuliana just said over in the tour thread he thinks he has Mezz1 tickets for the 15th.

He's not 100% sure, and doesn't have the tix in his hands, so he's going to check and get back.

So that may blow the theory to hell.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »

There do seem to be some mezz1 tickets floating around, but not anywhere close to mezz2 and floor. They may have sold some for mezz1, but the middle section may not be open to the general public, and you'll have to sit on the side or something.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2006, 11:10:56 PM »

I am so loving reading all the conspiracy theories - not sure if I can wait 2 more weeks to see what happens!  This is better than Christmas morning...   hihi  The most interesting rumor I have seen so far was that they would be performing on SNL on 5/13.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2006, 11:19:17 PM »

The most interesting rumor I have seen so far was that they would be performing on SNL on 5/13.

That would be amazing................
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2006, 11:25:05 PM »

They could also be holding them  back until the day  before the show to release so fuck over scalpers

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2006, 07:15:16 AM »

The most interesting rumor I have seen so far was that they would be performing on SNL on 5/13.

I was wondering about that too. That'd be really cool. It would also be a way to make up for the 2002 VMA appearance.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »

? The most interesting rumor I have seen so far was that they would be performing on SNL on 5/13.

I was wondering about that too. That'd be really cool. It would also be a way to make up for the 2002 VMA appearance.

Good point...it'd be an excellent way for Axl to show the public who don't keep up with the new GNR that the 2002 VMA performance wasn't a true representation of what the band has to offer......and he should do it by performing "Better"  ok

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »

? The most interesting rumor I have seen so far was that they would be performing on SNL on 5/13.

Good point...it'd be an excellent way for Axl to show the public who don't keep up with the new GNR that the 2002 VMA performance wasn't a true representation of what the band has to offer......and he should do it by performing "Better"? ok

You aint' kidding! I have AT LEAST one conversation a day where someone tells me that "Axl sounded like shit on that one show when he tried to make a comeback". I'd love to shut those people the fuck up! yes

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »

Just got out of my car.  Was listening to my Sirius radio.  On the radio, there is a little display that shows the artist and name of the song.  I was listening to channel 19 (Sirius Buzzsaw) when SCOM came on.  Here was what was on the display as the song played:

019/BUZZSAW/GUNS 'N' ROSES/On Tour This Summer!/SWEET CHILD O' MINE

Pretty cool.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »

As far as SNL goes, When does their season end? I know the chill peppers are soon. I though I heard Paul Simon was the season ending act. I think the RHCP are next week. So if there is an unannounced act in between, maybe it's a possibility. Does anyone know any of those details?Huh

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2006, 04:23:41 PM »

Just got out of my car.  Was listening to my Sirius radio.  On the radio, there is a little display that shows the artist and name of the song.  I was listening to channel 19 (Sirius Buzzsaw) when SCOM came on.  Here was what was on the display as the song played:

019/BUZZSAW/GUNS 'N' ROSES/On Tour This Summer!/SWEET CHILD O' MINE

Pretty cool.

God I hope they do some sort of live broadcast. That'd be badass!

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »

I would be one happy monkey if they did a live broadcast.  And too all you cheapies who don't have Sirius, I WILL have it recorded.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2006, 04:28:39 PM »

As far as SNL goes, When does their season end? I know the chill peppers are soon. I though I heard Paul Simon was the season ending act. I think the RHCP are next week. So if there is an unannounced act in between, maybe it's a possibility. Does anyone know any of those details?Huh

Not sure when the season ends, but Chili Peppers are on 5/6 - the SNL official website doesn't show 5/13 yet.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »

I would be one happy monkey if they did a live broadcast.  And too all you cheapies who don't have Sirius, I WILL have it recorded.

Oh yeah, I'm sure recordings will spread like WILDFIRE of these shows whether it's broadcast or not. I gotta assume all of the hardcore fans with good recording equipment will be there in full force!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: