Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?  (Read 25885 times)
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:31 AM »

Am I worried? Hell yes...

I wouldn't spend a thin dime to travel overseas no. Axl has a TERRIBLE track record, and zero respect for his fans. This is the same turd that failed to leave in time for the Montreal show, and after that...fail to show in Philadelphia. Huh 2 ARENAS "FULL" OF FANS...COME ON. He has not been very reliable, and nothing seems to point toward a more respectful person at 44. Although, I will be the first in line to buy CD if it hits shelves, and I will go see Guns in Cali, I will not however buy a ticket before the day of the show...will get 1 in the lot.

Going to see some old lady in the desert is not going to fix what ails Axl. He is a childish, self absorbed, disrespectful adult who has "yes" men all around him. He pays to make sure of that...these are not opinions, these are facts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:43:24 AM by asstvp1009 » Logged
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2006, 02:21:26 AM »

my question is..how many of this shows are gonna be broadcasted pro-shot on T.V..? How many pro-bootlegs will we have after this tour?  beer

Live N' Let Die
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2006, 02:30:43 AM »

my question is..how many of this shows are gonna be broadcasted pro-shot on T.V..? How many pro-bootlegs will we have after this tour?? beer

well, and my question is how many of this show will really happen. I smell problems Tongue

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2006, 05:19:06 AM »

how come no one is curious as to why there are all these tour dates and we haven't even seen a offical lineup yet or? a band poster to hang for publicity....? Is the management and axl going to promote this this only on reputation of gnr from the past?
Its very simple...they are not done booking/confirming some other tour dates. When that is completed Im positive we will get a press release regaring the tour and the state of GNR....

who cares about a band poster? All that stuff will happen when they do promos for the album. DO you think a pic of this band will sell concert tix? And from what Im seeing most of the shws are selling quick. SO who cares? The europeans know the state of GNR, and they are ready to support the new band...

I will worry about Axl and GNR when they hit the states. If they do another singleless/albumless tour again, then that sthe most idiotic thing they can do. SO I doubt theyll do that.

The press release will take care of all of your "concerns"

I just figured they would all be dying to play and be out and about talking singles or the album.. I keep forgetting axl owns the gnr name and has the luxery to be lazy about promoting being the name will do all the work.. Maybe it's just different over seas..

No1 is saying anything because there i snothing to say about albums and singles at this time. Its very simple logic.
If the GNR name is such a big help, or all the help this band needs how come it dodnt help during the 2002 tour? Cant have your cake and eat it too...

WHEN ITS TIME TO PROMOTE CHINESE DEMOCRACY THEY WILL PROMOTE CHINESE DEMOCRACY....that includes, interviews,pictures,press releases, tour schedule, single,albums,video.....its a very simple thing.....down the stretch we come

I didn't mean like a poster you hung in your room, just something official that lets someone know who;'s in the band, let them know what gnr is going to be there..  The name thing you said about 02 just isn't the same in the states..  It carried shows in nyc. Even if something with zero publicity put 10k worth of people in the seats with zero actitivty in ages that is something else.

You could be right about they already know in europe abou tthe band situation, it's quite possible.. The people there follow gnr much closer??  Just not here thought.. Amazing how ine band can be huge or remain huge in one section of the world while another knows nothing about it..  I always hear about robbie williams even though I don't know who he is, yet I hear he is huge overseas, or Oasis is a huge rock band in the UK (well that's what I read) a band that had  afew hits in the usa. but no one knows anything about what they are doing now.. Fucking weird how certain bands are followed so tightly in different parts of the world..

I just rather axl chat about these things then to hear about what slash is doing..   I think it would hav ebeen cool to give somewhat of  arelease time for cd overseas to know you are seeing a band that is definetly going to release material, plus it's a new band at least a single or video would be proper before they take the stage from rio on..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »

Well, if Axl keeps refusing to take this band seriously and not taking any band pics for the public to identify with them, then thousands of people will be yelling for Slash, Duff,etc.  He is promoting this tour using pics of GNR from the 80's/early 90's, and its not going to help things at all. He will probably get so pissed at the slash chants, he'll just walk away from the whole tour. He's done it before, and can do it again.

Something similar might have been said in this thread. I havent looked through this whole thread. I figured it would just turn into a Guiliana Lofton bash, so I hadnt bothered posting.

I decided to go ahead and add another dose of reality to the discussion. hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2006, 06:21:16 AM »

I still don't get why no one is promoting the tour dates?? I mean who the fuck announces all those dates then doesn't even speak of anything? Not axl not the band not management.. Guess everyone is worried about slash coming by axl's house hihi
Good point. They book a big Euro tour, and the only places talking about the tour is HTGTH, Sp1at, and a few other forums.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »

I'm not worried at all. I went to London and Leeds in 2002. No worries at all.

I'm going to Lisbon and Madrid in 2006. No worries at all.

If shit happens, well shit happens, I'll see Portugal and Spain, 2 very beautiful countries. Not to mention Rome on the way back...

But I'm pretty sure that this time, people will get to see GN'R, and most of all listen to new music.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »

I didn't mean like a poster you hung in your room, just something official that lets someone know who;'s in the band, let them know what gnr is going to be there..?
would be nice/cool but its not affecting ticket sales in Europe. They are selling fine.

Amazing how ine band can be huge or remain huge in one section of the world while another knows nothing about it..
Its not so much that Europe knows the GNR sitation better than people in the US. I think the GNR situation is well known by the average rodk fan worldwide right now....its more of the European fan being more supportive of Axl and this new band. The European sows will sell out and be no problem.

I just rather axl chat about these things then to hear about what slash is doing
I agree. We all want a press release regarding the single,album,tour,band etc....theres no doubt we will get that soon.....but at the same time, if Axl has something to add to the old gnr situation then I would like to hear it....but ultimately I want him to be focused on this new band and album

I think it would hav ebeen cool to give somewhat of? arelease time for cd overseas to know you are seeing a band that is definetly going to release material, plus it's a new band at least a single or video would be proper before they take the stage from rio on..
Your acting like its over and the shows are next week. We will get a press release dont worry. Let eveyrhting work itself out first. The people are gonna go whether there is a press release or not so its not a big deal.

Although, I dont think it makes sense, the band can get away with not having a single/album out for the upcoming Euro tour. But if they try that when they hit the states I think it will be the most idiotic thing they can do...and I doubt theyll do it...CD is right around the corner....

Well, if Axl keeps refusing to take this band seriously and not taking any band pics for the public to identify with them, then thousands of people will be yelling for Slash, Duff,etc.? He is promoting this tour using pics of GNR from the 80's/early 90's, and its not going to help things at all.
Who are you to say Axl isnt taking this band seriously? If he wasnt taking this band seriously then we would have had 4 new gnr albums right now. He would be releasing album after album just to use the gnr name without dedicating his focus n the music. Thats not taking the gnr name seriosuly
 What are your credentials? Besides being MR reality...You guys are acting like little girls with this band pic stuff. Of course it would be cool to see some pics. But we are not gonna get anyphotos until the promos of CD come. Its not that hard.

People are well aware of the band situation. People know, especially now, that the band they are gonna see is minus Slash and company. If Axl was so worried about the Slash chants then he would address the situation or issue a band pic. Its not a big deal. People are gonan stir things up at a concert whether theres a pic or a tv show about new gnr it doesnt matter....

I decided to go ahead and add another dose of reality to the discussion
I think you just need a messageboard reality check

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:57:11 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2006, 11:18:21 AM »

I decided to go ahead and add another dose of reality to the discussion
I think you just need a messageboard reality check
Since all you seem to be able to do is be a fucking smart ass whenever you say something to me, I'm not even responding to your posts anymore.

Dont even waste your time replying to this.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »

Dont even waste your time replying to this
ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »

Part of the excitement of GN'R live is the anticipation is knowing the risk you took in buying a ticket.
You could have an Axl meltdown, walk off, or a no show, riot, get yelled at, ect.

I just hope if he does cancel anything, there is at least a few days notice.

well, i hope he no-shows at the show you have tickets for so? you can get a 1st hand feel for the excitement ok

I had my share in Philly

Guess what? You already got your wish, it happened to me in '93.

Oh, and sicne you're being mean about it;
 You were in Philly '02? Ahahahahah.
Just kidding.

It wasn't being mean, it was being sarcastic Grin

there's a difference hihi

I also don't find Axl's unpredictability exciting Shocked

if/when I pay $100+ for a concert ticket; the least the band can do is show up for the show

Otherwise, I'd rather spend my money and time elsewhere

Axl's not the only one that likes strip clubs rofl
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2006, 06:38:05 PM »

I know someone made this thread, cant find it.

who here, HONESTLY, is not worried about Axl making all of these shows? the back-to-back nights are scary, i really hope this all goes well, but whats different this time around compared to 2002 and 91-93?

I think its a bad move by management.  There's NO REASON to play back-to-back nights. This band is HUGE enough in name, it doesn't need to "tour like crazy" to build its name.

of course, i hope this kicks ass. im just worried.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »

who here, HONESTLY, is not worried about Axl making all of these shows? the back-to-back nights are scary, i really hope this all goes well, but whats different this time around compared to 2002 and 91-93?

I think its a bad move by management.? There's NO REASON to play back-to-back nights. This band is HUGE enough in name, it doesn't need to "tour like crazy" to build its name.

Even The Stones do back to back shows as well as U2.  Back on the last European tour GNR did back to back shows.  I'm sure Axl can handle it.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »

I think its a bad move by management.? There's NO REASON to play back-to-back nights. This band is HUGE enough in name, it doesn't need to "tour like crazy" to build its name.

The perils of rock n' roll decadence.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »

It is a little nerve racking... that being said... they haven't exactly been the most active band the last few years... and having shows one right after the other does give the band the chance to bounce back from a bad night (and the resulting shitty reviews) with a kick ass performance the following night... if they can keep the schedule... they should be a pretty well oiled live machine by the end of this summer...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2006, 07:08:19 PM »

i feel you bro, i am worried about Axl touring so hard as well, i'll never bee sure to see them before i actually do see them, you know what i mean..

btw how exiting is that huh, it's actually brilliant! You get like two in one, first a fucking thriller drama, is Axl gonnu show??? Then a beautifull show, probobly the best one you've ever been to?? or if none of those, a classic gn'r riot!!

That said, i honestly think they are touring so hard for a good reason!!! Hopefully CD will be out sometime while they're out there and then they(gn'r) are going to need all the publicity they can get, which they'll get...

I mean, i think the hype is huge now, but is it going to be a fuckin' storm when the album drops, you bet.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »

im not anti-axl...i love the new music...what was played live..and the demos...
but i have my thought about axl finishing this tour at his 40's

well you can say rolling stones can do that at their 60's..but in the case of axl is different
you know that when he is unconfortable he can cancel a show...

i don t know guys..what do you think ?

but after the failed tour in 2002..i have my doubts.....  confused
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2006, 07:26:10 PM »

I have all the confidence in the world during the european dates, but I have all the worries in the world when it comes to the states... I also believe something that could be byond his control can cause a premature pull of a show or the entire tour,... If axl is still the same it will be difficult for him to get through this tour unscaved
SlashDelonge
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:32 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuh?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

Axl didn't have much problem with the 2002 dates in Europe and Asia.  But as soon as the band came to the US, the American media began taking their swipes at him; soon enough,  delays, cancellations and tantrums sprung up.  Axl seemed to lose focus at times, walking off in Detroit, turning up consistantly late for shows, then forcing a fateful confrontation with Clear Channel after MSG.

The band needs to keep their eyes on the prize, finishing the tour and releasing this album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: