Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?  (Read 25918 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2006, 11:33:24 AM »

If it's a comeback tour he better be smart enough to have a album out.  If he doesn't have CD out it will kill the band. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »

how come no one is curious as to why there are all these tour dates and we haven't even seen a offical lineup yet or  a band poster to hang for publicity....  Is the management and axl going to promote this this only on reputation of gnr from the past?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »

how come no one is curious as to why there are all these tour dates and we haven't even seen a offical lineup yet or? a band poster to hang for publicity....? Is the management and axl going to promote this this only on reputation of gnr from the past?

Because we're used to this stuff. And who knows, maybe there are going to be some surprises as to who will be playing for them.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:52 PM »

how come no one is curious as to why there are all these tour dates and we haven't even seen a offical lineup yet or? a band poster to hang for publicity....? Is the management and axl going to promote this this only on reputation of gnr from the past?

Because we're used to this stuff. And who knows, maybe there are going to be some surprises as to who will be playing for them.

how can you be use to it, how many last time comebacks does axl rose make with a new band without any albums with tour dates?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »

It happened before (2000, 2001, 2002),. And how do you know it's the last time comeback?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2006, 06:06:05 PM »

We're still a few months out, but I agree, the lack of promo shots/posters etc. sort of implies that Axl's resting on his laurels, which the die-hards know he isn't.  But Joe Public?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »

It happened before (2000, 2001, 2002),. And how do you know it's the last time comeback?

do you really think after this long lay off axl is going to just play a few shows then disappear.? I mean if he doesn't do something this time around with CD he is bound to just loose some band members.. In 01-02 it was different, that was the fuck up, this time CD has to come out
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08:35 PM »

Yeah but he didn't do any shows in 2000.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:55 PM »

I just figured they would all be dying to play and be out and about talking singles or the album.. I keep forgetting axl owns the gnr name and has the luxery to be lazy about promoting being the name will do all the work.. Maybe it's just different over seas..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »

how come no one is curious as to why there are all these tour dates and we haven't even seen a offical lineup yet or  a band poster to hang for publicity....  Is the management and axl going to promote this this only on reputation of gnr from the past?

Because...GNR doesn't play by the rules or does things in the way that traditionaly bands go about promoting, album releasing and so forth.   It's hard to answer questions like these.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

Because...GNR doesn't play by the rules or does things in the way that traditionaly bands go about promoting, album releasing and so forth.? ?It's hard to answer questions like these.

gnr hihi you mean axl..? It's supposed to be a new band making it on their new songs and shit, not just saying gnr will be somewhere and letting the name do all the work.. Not everyone heard leaks or knows the lineup.. I just think it's being started off poorly
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2006, 06:23:39 PM »

Because...GNR doesn't play by the rules or does things in the way that traditionaly bands go about promoting, album releasing and so forth.   It's hard to answer questions like these.

gnr hihi you mean axl..? It's supposed to be a new band making it on their new songs and shit, not just saying gnr will be somewhere and letting the name do all the work.. Not everyone heard leaks or knows the lineup.. I just think it's being started off poorly

I mean Axl..but with him comes along the GNR band.   That's exactly what it seems...he is letting the name do the talking.  These are festivals so he is prolly banking on the fact it will be packed anyway.   I bet he starts promoting when he goes out to headline.

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2006, 06:26:52 PM »

Because...GNR doesn't play by the rules or does things in the way that traditionaly bands go about promoting, album releasing and so forth.? ?It's hard to answer questions like these.

I mean Axl..but with him comes along the GNR band.? ?That's exactly what it seems...he is letting the name do the talking.? These are festivals so he is prolly banking on the fact it will be packed anyway.? ?I bet he starts promoting when he goes out to headline.

I agree with everything you are saying, one would just think something about cd or the new lineup would be going on... I know the shows will do great and axl will get butts in the seats just because gnr is listed on the bill.. Maybe I just don't feel the excitment.. When people are ready to tour after huge delays and no albums they are usually pumped and interviews are flying around.. This is so blah.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2006, 06:30:49 PM »

I mean Axl..but with him comes along the GNR band.   That's exactly what it seems...he is letting the name do the talking.  These are festivals so he is prolly banking on the fact it will be packed anyway.   I bet he starts promoting when he goes out to headline.

I agree with everything you are saying, one would just think something about cd or the new lineup would be going on... I know the shows will do great and axl will get butts in the seats just because gnr is listed on the bill.. Maybe I just don't feel the excitment.. When people are ready to tour after huge delays and no albums they are usually pumped and interviews are flying around.. This is so blah.

Agreed!!!  It's kind of sad to think how damn excited we all got at 2 second clip of Axl at the Soprano premiere.    Damn we are soooooooo starved hihi

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2006, 06:34:03 PM »

I mean Axl..but with him comes along the GNR band.? ?That's exactly what it seems...he is letting the name do the talking.? These are festivals so he is prolly banking on the fact it will be packed anyway.? ?I bet he starts promoting when he goes out to headline.

Agreed!!!? It's kind of sad to think how damn excited we all got at 2 second clip of Axl at the Soprano premiere.? ? Damn we are soooooooo starved hihi

2 seconds, I've seen still pics that were longer rofl  being we live in teh usa maybe the approach we are use to is just not the same .. just so much is riding on CD for axl personally.. I mean at this point who cares if slash was over your house, give a damn interview about music and tour plans.. I mean if I didn't belong to this forum I wouldn't know anything about what was going on, especially all these tour dates popping up around the globe
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2006, 06:44:47 PM »

Its very simple...they are not done booking/confirming some other tour dates. When that is completed Im positive we will get a press release regaring the tour and the state of GNR....

who cares about a band poster? All that stuff will happen when they do promos for the album. DO you think a pic of this band will sell concert tix? And from what Im seeing most of the shws are selling quick. SO who cares? The europeans know the state of GNR, and they are ready to support the new band...

I will worry about Axl and GNR when they hit the states. If they do another singleless/albumless tour again, then that sthe most idiotic thing they can do. SO I doubt theyll do that.

The press release will take care of all of your "concerns"

I just figured they would all be dying to play and be out and about talking singles or the album.. I keep forgetting axl owns the gnr name and has the luxery to be lazy about promoting being the name will do all the work.. Maybe it's just different over seas..

No1 is saying anything because there i snothing to say about albums and singles at this time. Its very simple logic.
If the GNR name is such a big help, or all the help this band needs how come it dodnt help during the 2002 tour? Cant have your cake and eat it too...

WHEN ITS TIME TO PROMOTE CHINESE DEMOCRACY THEY WILL PROMOTE CHINESE DEMOCRACY....that includes, interviews,pictures,press releases, tour schedule, single,albums,video.....its a very simple thing.....down the stretch we come
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 06:48:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »

I don't think he's resting on his laurels in response to the lack of interviews, band photos, etc.  Management knows that the "aura" and "mystery" around Axl Rose and this new incarnation of GNR is at an all-time high.  I believe Management intends on milking this mystery around GNR for all it's worth.  But all of this mystery won't mean a damn thing if there is no album and Axl doesn't show up or shows up late.  There's too much music by great bands out now and nobody is gonna put up with it.  Look at 02 for examples.  As much of a fan as I am, I'm not going to a show if he pulls the same crap he did in 02.

Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2006, 06:59:06 PM »

Part of the excitement of GN'R live is the anticipation is knowing the risk you took in buying a ticket.
You could have an Axl meltdown, walk off, or a no show, riot, get yelled at, ect.

I just hope if he does cancel anything, there is at least a few days notice.

well, i hope he no-shows at the show you have tickets for so? you can get a 1st hand feel for the excitement ok

I had my share in Philly

Guess what? You already got your wish, it happened to me in '93.

Oh, and sicne you're being mean about it;
 You were in Philly '02? Ahahahahah.
Just kidding.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »

unless someone gets ill and the tour has to be cancelled i don't think axls going to want to blow this chance, hes going to know this one has to be the big one and if nothing comes out of it he might lose his last chance to dominate the world of music again as people will just lose interest in him, hes got all the hype up about him now and all of a suddon they are touring again, hes not going to waste this oportunity they might release another greatest hits first but im sure this tour will be a great success and end with cd on its way Smiley maybe even before the tour ends

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:36 PM »

I think Axl will play most of the shows ? and he will cancel some. I think he will play the first half of the shows ?and ditch the second half . If Axl releases the album during the tour and the album is great and has positive feedback ? then he might complete the tour. ?It all depends if Axl is in a good mood. Remember all it takes is for something to upset Axl on May 26 (one day before the first show) ?and this whole tour is over. ? Hopefully the album released date is announced within that time and the single is well received, because if none of this happens ?this tour will not last more than 5 shows ? ?mark my words. ? ? Touring is kryptonite ?to Axl . ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: