Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 08:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gunsnroses.com is up and running...sort of.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: gunsnroses.com is up and running...sort of.  (Read 35279 times)
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 01:30:55 AM »

I think its wierd they have the old G'n'R picture up and all. But I can see why. Who is in the new Guns n Roses ? I know Rose is pretty much but who else is there currently ?

Plus sadly I doubt Steven Adler is gonna stage a return as a drummer. Poor guy looked bad on that VH1 special on G'n'R. 
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 01:38:39 AM »

Was GNR already on Artist Direct already?

It could be that the use of the domain is new, but GNR were already listed on there.

hmmmmI think its cuz the address www.gunsnroses.com actually links to it now where that address was dead before.

Nobobdy answered this before so i'll ask it again.....how do we know its owned by Axl?

Go here http://www.whois.net/ - and u can see who any domain is registerd to. This one is Axl Smiley
CockSmear4000
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 02:09:45 AM »

This is a big deal, actually.  (Well, if I believe what i've been told in the past, anyway) - I was told that gunsnroses.com would more than likely be the official site where all the 'good stuff' happens.  I don't know if that's still the plan - but if so, definitely a good sign.  Also, that site has been dormant for a LONG time - so the fact that they've even activated its IPs is intriguing, in and of itself.

-darknemus

who would have ever thought that gunsnroses.com would be the official site
godiva
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 02:22:11 AM »

I think it's strange that they put up all those old pictures. I would love to see some rehearsal pictures of Robin, Richard, Brain etc (and maybe the new guitar player, if there even is one). I guess we'll just have to wait for the tour to kick off, so new live pictures can be added. All of this does make me excited about the ball starting rolling and stuff. Hope to see CD very very (dare I say the word?  hihi) soon.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 02:25:56 AM »

Looking at the info attached to this one, this is probably the site that was leased to ArtistDirect way back when that company started out. ?It was mega-agent Marc Geiger's (and Rick Rubin) baby and was going to be this huge company handling everybody's net stuff with major merchanding, etc. ? They had made 10-year deals with a bunch of acts right out of the box late in '96, GN'R was logically one of them. ? (At one point they had a record label, touted as a really big deal. ?I stopped following it after it took a big dive in the dot.com bust). ?

Of course since that point the band hasn't had information or merchandise (to speak of).  AD is probably desperately hoping to recoup before their deal runs out in November.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 02:28:12 AM by snooze72 » Logged
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 02:33:14 AM »

Then who is gnronline.com registered to?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
TheRealThing
Opening Act

Round Two!!

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 02:51:35 AM »

Then who is gnronline.com registered to?

Interscope Geffen A&M Records
New Media Department
2220 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
US
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 03:18:40 AM »

Has anyone read the biography there ? It sure as hell doesn't say official site...

For exampla :

Nirvana's Nevermind hit number one in early 1992, suddenly making Guns N' Roses -- with all of their pretensions, impressionistic videos, models, and rock star excesses -- seem very uncool. Rose handled the change by becoming a dictator, or at least a petty tyrant; his in-concert temper tantrums became legendary, even going so far as to incite a riot in Montreal.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 03:41:39 AM »

Has anyone read the biography there ? It sure as hell doesn't say official site...

For exampla :

Nirvana's Nevermind hit number one in early 1992, suddenly making Guns N' Roses -- with all of their pretensions, impressionistic videos, models, and rock star excesses -- seem very uncool. Rose handled the change by becoming a dictator, or at least a petty tyrant; his in-concert temper tantrums became legendary, even going so far as to incite a riot in Montreal.

Heh!!? Yup, Axl's definitely not paying attention.? Wink? ?This the the AllMusicGuide bio, it's circulated all over the place.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 06:16:17 AM »

definitely interesting....  i wouldn`t be surprised if the actual site goes online on 12th of may...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 06:42:02 AM »

The reason there are pictures of the old band and a biography which isn't very positive towards Axl, is because the website just links straight to the artistdirect.com page which was already in existence. Almost everything they sell is related to oldGnR and besides there are no pictures of the new band so it makes sense for them to put that picture up. It seems like a lot of the detail could have come from numerous other websites which sell GnR mp3s or something, just directly copied.

Also, on that whois thing, it says the technical content is ArtistDirect, which I assume means they run the website, and can probably change it independant of Axl, although he could overrule if he heard about it. So maybe, with all the sudden interest in GnR, particulary the New York gigs, maybe ArtistDirect simply decided to link a website which they run to their own one. Of course it's also possible they simply wanted to make the site active again, in anticapation of an official website, but I doubt it, they more likely would have put up tour dates or something.

It's interesting though. gunsnrosesonline.com suddenly becomes active and puts up tour dates. Didn't someone say the logo changed slightly on gnronline.com? And now gunsnroses.com becomes active again. Maybe Axl's giving us the runaround and keeping us guessing on what the official website will be, probably just for a joke to annoy us, and see us, once again, make a big deal out of nothing.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 06:53:39 AM »

The reason there are pictures of the old band and a biography which isn't very positive towards Axl, is because the website just links straight to the artistdirect.com page which was already in existence. Almost everything they sell is related to oldGnR and besides there are no pictures of the new band so it makes sense for them to put that picture up. It seems like a lot of the detail could have come from numerous other websites which sell GnR mp3s or something, just directly copied.

Also, on that whois thing, it says the technical content is ArtistDirect, which I assume means they run the website, and can probably change it independant of Axl, although he could overrule if he heard about it. So maybe, with all the sudden interest in GnR, particulary the New York gigs, maybe ArtistDirect simply decided to link a website which they run to their own one. Of course it's also possible they simply wanted to make the site active again, in anticapation of an official website, but I doubt it, they more likely would have put up tour dates or something.

It's interesting though. gunsnrosesonline.com suddenly becomes active and puts up tour dates. Didn't someone say the logo changed slightly on gnronline.com? And now gunsnroses.com becomes active again. Maybe Axl's giving us the runaround and keeping us guessing on what the official website will be, probably just for a joke to annoy us, and see us, once again, make a big deal out of nothing.

gunsnrosesonline.com is a FAN made site from Belgium. The logo from www.gnronline.com IS NOT changed. There is NO connection between the last two.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 07:06:53 AM »

ill check it out now? peace

WARose
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 07:12:29 AM »

could you please remove that pic there??

i don?t want this board to become the next mygnr, because topics aren`t readable anymore...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 07:21:42 AM »

just noticed no one has a sig !?  will remove now!!

WARose
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2006, 07:23:41 AM »

thx ok

judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 07:27:25 AM »

No Prob, I like it ! Please just dont mention mygnr again !!!!! crying

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2006, 07:43:09 AM »

Go here http://www.whois.net/ - and u can see who any domain is registerd to. This one is Axl Smiley

Thanks man!!!!  you rock

Did anyone notice that, Doug Goldstien is still the administrative contact.....shouldn't that be merck?

shaun
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:11 AM »

Why am i suddenly looking forward to Monday?

Jonx

er, because it is a bank holiday and you don't have to goto work?  hihi
Olorin
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »

I have been checking this site occasionly for a few years now. My Guns N Roses poster on my wall is from the scrapped 2001 european tour - it has GunsNRoses.com on the poster.

Anyway - this site has not existed at all over the last 5 years, typing in the URL took you nowhere.

This is a pretty big development.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: