Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:05:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  robin finck's playing and creative qualities
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: robin finck's playing and creative qualities  (Read 21261 times)
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »

^^^^And thats a big problem. A LOT of people think he sucks. You dont hear this type of complaining about Fortus very often or any other member. With so many complaints, you cant help but notice that he was a horrible Slash replacement.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 05:44:57 PM »

ficnk rules!

and just to remind that slash could fuck up even more than Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5gCfVsMN0&search=november%20rain

listen to the secund solo there!!!!! jesus! he couldnt be at his full 5 there...
That second solo was mostly improving so thats not fair. Fink fucks up everything.

so what? its still a whole wrong solo.... why improvise a perfectly good solo? what if finck improvise? i think slash fucked up there, the last portion of the first solo is fucked too...

slash aint perfect Wink

also, eitherway slash played wrong, the right way is how it is on the album, right? not some sucky improv.

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »

^^^I agree with you but at least Slash is capable of actually playing that solo properly. Unlike Fink.
Origen
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »

Slash was wasted, what's Fincks excuse.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 06:19:32 PM »

Ill judge Finck based on his contributions to the album. I love his playing on all the songs so far. So so far so good for me atleast. Is he Slash? Nope. Not many are.

Finck or any other bandmember doesnt have to be like or greater than Slash for this to work. CD and this band can still live up to expectations without having Slash. Bucket was the only guy who nulled that argument. But with these guys as long as it works for how they play then they can make something magical. And with the proper final production the mission will be accomplished.

Fincks? style and playing works well with this new band. And thats all that counts. He kicks ass on the new leaks as well as the other material. Plus he seems like a loyal bandmember. Throw in his stage presence and hes an excellent lead player for this band.....11 more days
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 06:23:46 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

Yeah, that robin f In ?CK, he's like Van Halen & Page rolled into one. hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_i081KM1Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8twEcwsBzk

Seriously, WTF was going on with this guy playing this shit? What a turd.

I'll bump these back up. This is Finck's time to shine. A spotlight solo as lead guitarist for fakegnr & this is what he comes up with. On the second one, you can actually hear people laughing at him. This clown has no business being in a guitar-driven band like GNR & it just proves how looney botaxl has become by having finck around. What could the crew/axl/buckethead of been thinking while finck was going out night after night & embarrassing the band like this? Would people really be like telling him how awesome his solo was last night & to keep it up cause he's knocking'm dead, even though the crowd is relatively silent afterwards? Besides whaxl becoming a botoxed out wigger, finck's inclusion in this group of hired hands is definitely my biggest disappointment.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »

Yeah, that robin f In  CK, he's like Van Halen & Page rolled into one. hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_i081KM1Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8twEcwsBzk

Seriously, WTF was going on with this guy playing this shit? What a turd.

I'll bump these back up. This is Finck's time to shine. A spotlight solo as lead guitarist for fakegnr & this is what he comes up with. On the second one, you can actually hear people laughing at him. This clown has no business being in a guitar-driven band like GNR & it just proves how looney botaxl has become by having finck around. What could the crew/axl/buckethead of been thinking while finck was going out night after night & embarrassing the band like this? Would people really be like telling him how awesome his solo was last night & to keep it up cause he's knocking'm dead, even though the crowd is relatively silent afterwards? Besides whaxl becoming a botoxed out wigger, finck's inclusion in this group of hired hands is definitely my biggest disappointment.

I don't understand why people dislike him so much. Just because he doesn't play an average run of the mill guitar solo doesn't make it "not art". Not everyone has to express themselves in the same way. Everything would be beyond boring if thats how it worked. People like Robin and Axl working together are what makes art interesting in my opinion.

If guys like Robin weren't around bands like Creed and Nickelback would be all we have.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »

Tell ya what, Allow me to play a few of the NR solos and then you can laugh at me and think twice about pickin' on Robin.  Grin
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2006, 07:30:42 PM »

Im doubting whether we should even label Robin Fink as a guitarist. Having the ability to hold a guitar and then pluck some out of key notes isnt enough for me.

ur an idiot, i dont want to start an arguement but c'mon. SLash is Slash, and its also harder to play material that u didnt create yourself. SLash made those solos and riffs, and played the fuck out of them on Tour. so robin comes in and has some problems, big shit?? everyone makes mistakes, even slash. I think robin does a mostly good, and sometimes pretty good job on playing the old material.

and c'mon THE BLUES guys!! THE BLUES!!! his work in the blues is out of this world., i cant wait to see what else hes contributed on the record.

and to not even call him a guatarist!! WTF?? what a baseless and horrbile diss. I am a huge NIN fan and he fucking kicked ass live. the playing and the stage presence was fantastic. cant wait to see him on stage on the 17th.

and also, its hard to fill slash's shoes, i mean, HES SLASH!! any of his replacements are gonna take some shit for not being slash.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:38:47 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Jonathan
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »

Buckethead had none of those three elements- it's true

Maybe you're the one who should stop complaining, you should take your own words as advice instead.

So, come on now, go pick up the guitar and play in front of 20,000 people and we'll see who will have the last laugh.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:02:42 PM by I have a good title » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2006, 08:46:08 PM »

robin kicks ass

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »

Im doubting whether we should even label Robin Fink as a guitarist. Having the ability to hold a guitar and then pluck some out of key notes isnt enough for me.

ur an idiot, i dont want to start an arguement but c'mon. SLash is Slash, and its also harder to play material that u didnt create yourself. SLash made those solos and riffs, and played the fuck out of them on Tour. so robin comes in and has some problems, big shit?? everyone makes mistakes, even slash. I think robin does a mostly good, and sometimes pretty good job on playing the old material.

and c'mon THE BLUES guys!! THE BLUES!!! his work in the blues is out of this world., i cant wait to see what else hes contributed on the record.

and to not even call him a guatarist!! WTF?? what a baseless and horrbile diss. I am a huge NIN fan and he fucking kicked ass live. the playing and the stage presence was fantastic. cant wait to see him on stage on the 17th.

and also, its hard to fill slash's shoes, i mean, HES SLASH!! any of his replacements are gonna take some shit for not being slash.

Im an idiot because Fink cant play? Go fuck yourself.
There are plenty of people out there who can actually play Slash's material but Robin Fink is a lazy man who hasnt bothered to practice enough. This guy is getting payed good money to be in GNR but he is too lazy to get his technical ability up to scratch. He is a joke and an embarrasment. There are far more deserving and accomplished players out there.

I hope he has been practising his ass off these past four years. I bet he's been too lazy though. Hopefully he proves me wrong on the 12th.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 09:17:45 PM »

I've always liked Robins playing. I think he is a good replacement for slash. he contributions on the new material are amazing, and I like the way he plays the old solo's. he adds enough of the original with a touch of his own and he sounds great!

NOt crazy about the goth bald mullet look though.

But i'm sure he's a terrible guitar player he's only played in two of the worlds biggest bands. Trent and axl are clearly idiots that don't know what they are doing. Roll Eyes

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »

Not personal, because I am sure Robin is a nice guy, but...

his guitar playing is boring, his tone is awful, and he looks like a fucking moran. He plays like shit on the old material.

Now, it's Axl's fault because he is the man in charge and he hired him. I will gladly change my mind if he has written some amazing music on the "new" album, but frankly, I hope there is much better songs coming that the mediocre tracks we have heard so far.

the only great guitar playing I heard on those schizophrenic demos was from Buckethead, and we all know at this point he is gone.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2006, 09:56:01 PM »

I've always liked Robins playing. I think he is a good replacement for slash. he contributions on the new material are amazing, and I like the way he plays the old solo's. he adds enough of the original with a touch of his own and he sounds great!

NOt crazy about the goth bald mullet look though.

But i'm sure he's a terrible guitar player he's only played in two of the worlds biggest bands. Trent and axl are clearly idiots that don't know what they are doing. Roll Eyes

Agreed, especially in regards to the "goth bald mullet."? It's just plain laughable, and already seems so very outdated.? In my opinion, regardless of how gloriously he might or might not butcher the old material, it's the new songs that I will judge his contributions by...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:23:23 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »

Do any of you so-called guitar experts realize that he is playing Slash's solos different on purpose? ?It would be rather boring to replicate note for note someone else's writing. ?Moreover, I think Robin respects Slash, and would rather try a different interpretation of his work, in his own artistic way, as opposed to exactly the same as Slash. ?I like the grungy, interpretations on many of the songs. ?It's kind of a punk/Sonic Youth type of style, which I like, and takes much mojo to play in front of all these GNR neophytes.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

Do any of you so-called guitar experts realize that he is playing Slash's solos different on purpose?  It would be rather boring to replicate note for note someone else's writing.  Moreover, I think Robin respects Slash, and would rather try a different interpretation of his work, in his own artistic way, as opposed to exactly the same as Slash.  I like the grungy, interpretations on many of the songs.  It's kind of a punk/Sonic Youth type of style, which I like, and takes much mojo to play in front of all these GNR neophytes.

A-the the fuckin-men. I don't claim to be any sort of guitar expert but I've seen people do FAR worse with interuptations of others work then Robin and Slash. I totally agree that Robin (and the rest of the new band) have respect for Slash and the originals. I think they're just trying to put their own stamp on the songs.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2006, 10:25:58 PM »

Do any of you so-called guitar experts realize that he is playing Slash's solos different on purpose?? It would be rather boring to replicate note for note someone else's writing.? Moreover, I think Robin respects Slash, and would rather try a different interpretation of his work, in his own artistic way, as opposed to exactly the same as Slash.? I like the grungy, interpretations on many of the songs.? It's kind of a punk/Sonic Youth type of style, which I like, and takes much mojo to play in front of all these GNR neophytes.

A-the the fuckin-men. I don't claim to be any sort of guitar expert but I've seen people do FAR worse with interuptations of others work then Robin and Slash. I totally agree that Robin (and the rest of the new band) have respect for Slash and the originals. I think they're just trying to put their own stamp on the songs.

Agreed.  I doubt very much that any of the new guns signed on to be in a cover band.  Changing things up a bit while remaining respectful of the musicans involved with the original versions of the songs themselves is more than understandable...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »

I agree that I wasn't to impressed with Robin's playing on the 02' tour but I will not judge him til CD comes out.  I do like that he is in the band and eventually, if he plays well on CD, I think people will come around.  So, I would say wait to judge and if Robin is listening come out of your shell and and talk about GN'R.  I think people will get into you more if you act like you are apart of the band. 
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 01:04:42 AM »

Im an idiot because Fink cant play? Go fuck yourself.

Amen brother! If people don't like someone in the band, do they have to leave this board? Or does it mean that they are idiots 'cause they don't like Finck's sound? No.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: