Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38653 times)
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 01:58:26 AM »

NO WAY..just listened to Better IRS TWAT and CITR..LOL so no not quite yet.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 04:05:43 AM »

Yes, it has worn off........

I wait now for the real deal.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 04:27:15 AM »

After listening to these songs it seems pretty apparent that they were recorded at different times....with different directions. I would not be too suprised that they may sound quite even different again when the album comes out. Twat in particular seems to have a 'TSI' sound too it. The drum loop/sound effects seem new but the rest sounds very mid nineties too me. I wonder if this may have some of the old band playing on it. It is also the song with back up singing on it....we really don't know what has been previously recorded and who is playing when. Twat is the oldest demo available.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 04:30:38 AM »

I wake up every day to twat in my pc ( I use my computer as an alarm clock)  and I have all the songs on my ipod and listen to them regularly, they all rock  Grin

ps. this thread is for haters n naysayers

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EccoTides
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 04:51:42 AM »

Kinda sorta for most of the tunes - But CITR just keeps getting better with each listen for me. That song is sheer perfection, and quite possibly my favorite lyric job Axl's ever done.
Megaguns
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 04:52:44 AM »

No i still listen to b etter and CITR atleast 2 times a day
same here.... plus the novelty of AFD and UYI1 &2 still hasnt worn off for me.
shaun
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 05:04:41 AM »

I still play my home made CD in my car. The track 'Better' is still the best thing to have come out of the new GnR. 'There was a Time' is in 2nd place with the 'Blues' taking up 3rd position. IRS is 4th and Madagascar as become less interesting. 'Catcher in the Rye' i'm not liking this song much. The song  'Chinese Democracy' sounds terrible compared with all these other tracks, and maybe this is why CD was never released back in when ever  Wink
Origen
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 05:14:28 AM »

I haven't listen'd to them in weeks and didn't bother with them anymore, still listening to the good old classic stuff though  hihi
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 05:30:57 AM »

I still listen to Better on a daily basis. The chorus of TWAT still annoyes me, can't exactly describe why, the rest of the song is brilliant. (just an opinion). The vocals of IRS rock, listen to that one daily too. Catcher sometimes, good track, awesome breakdown with synths in it. Can't wait to hear Democracy in it's full glory, should be one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see them over in Holland too, look at my tix every day wondering if they'l show up.? Smiley

and before I forget, my mom likes Better too.  hihi

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:32:28 AM by Catcher In The Rye (Dont Try Me) » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 05:46:33 AM »

I listen to them everyday (except TWAT) and I like em.

The song thats grown on me most? CITR - a gem

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 05:57:56 AM »

the magic is still there!

especally concerning BETTER and CHATCHER;
i mean it's unbeleivable that after listening to 2 brilliant songs in poor file quality for weeks and weeks (al over again) you can still put them on and get goose pimples...

it?s the same with madagascar and the blues; but here its "years" instead of "weeks".
so, i'm still excited...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
makane
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 06:11:06 AM »

I still listen Chinese Democracy and Madagascar. the new demos, well, worn off...  Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 06:15:52 AM »

yeah, chines democracy is a pretty cool song (especally the aggro-refrain with that typicall old school axl); cd represents the punk vibe of gnr; almost same league as "it's so easy"; the studio version will be really ass kicking...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 06:50:25 AM »

Hmmm, seems to be most are still digging the new tunes.  Don't get me wrong, I still think they are AWESOME songs, but I just haven't found myself going directly to the songs on my Ipod, if they come up, awesome, but I don't voluntary play them the way I do some other tunes.  I think I'm just a little disenchanted.  Call me crazy, but I thought we were close to an album release or some kind of big news/press release.  And after all the excitement with the leaks and the Axl/Weiland fued, I was expecting more.  Why that effects my desire to hear the new songs I'm not sure.  Maybe its not even a factor.  I think its more that I have just been wanting to rock out/kick ass lately with my music and I just don't find that in the new tunes too much. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 06:52:17 AM »

I still love the songs.. Even more now than before. I will newer get tired of them and thats a fact  peace

-DEA-
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »

I still play Better and TWAT, the others two more rarely. I never really play Madagascar and the Blues anymore.

Edit: forgot to mention that I use Better as the ringtone on my cell Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:03:43 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 07:31:18 AM »

I rarely listen to the leaks anymore... The novelty is definetly over for me... Maybe because there was nothing ever mentioned about cd actually coming out....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »

They are all fairly poor - not gonna be first in line for an album of their 'quality'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 08:30:29 AM »

I for one myself listen eveyday, and like when AFD came out I was hooked.

THat  being said, I also know that thier is atour coming up, and what we got are unfinished , product. BUT to say that Im disenchanted by any means is bullshit, IM NOT, Im more pumped. My faith hasnt feigned at all.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 08:32:59 AM »

I love how people say they dont like the new songs yet they still come in on this board. ?Roll Eyes Seems to me you are wasting your own god damn time. What do you come here for. This place and others are for talking about and waiting for Guns N' Roses' new album and tours to come. I honestly dont get why you people are here. All I hear is how you dont like the new songs, you dont like how Axl treats his fans, this and that and all this other bullshit. No ones forcing you to be here, just fucking leave. There are many Velvet Revolver boards and and even sub-boards where you can go and talk about the old band all you want. Wake up, the old band is over and wont be back in a long time, if even at all. Just get over yourselves.? With that said, I love all the new stuff, cant stop listening to it. I'm more pumped than ever for this record. Its everything I have been waiting for. Its the best music I've heard since maybe the Illusions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:46:51 AM by ChineseIRS » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: