Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N`Roses to play Rock In Rio (Lisbon)! (The Darkness added to the bill)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N`Roses to play Rock In Rio (Lisbon)! (The Darkness added to the bill)  (Read 29386 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »

i would say A7X would be perfect dont u sound the similarities between the vocals of A7X and GNR

no, not at all really.  AX7 sounds more like sevendust (vocally that is).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »

well was that before or after the lead was vocally damaged im talking about after ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Cool!!! The Darkness kick some serious ass!!!

May 27th looks like a really great day! The Darkness, Pitty(brazilian band, really good!!!) and GUNS N' ROSES!!!

It's a shame that it's not gonna be broadcast to brazil? Cry

PW, remember, Pitty is the name of an artist that has a band but it's not the name of the band itself. Anyway, Pitty and her band are pretty good and will kick ass!!!

Yeah, I know that Pitty is her name, but if you buy the cd it won't be labeled as "Pitty and Band", is Just like Sebastian Bach, the band only has his name because people knows his name! Is the same with Pitty...

PW, your arguments justify what I'm saying: the same thing happens to Rita Lee, Morrissey ?and even Lionel Richie ( rofl rofl rofl). Legaly and comercialy, they are the artists, it's their names, and they have a band to do live shows and studio recordings with them.
If Pitty fires the band, her next album will still be a "Pitty" album... in this case, legally and comercialy doesn't matter who the band members are.
BTW, we are totally off topic, if you want to debate more things about it let's do it via PM, ok!?
Abra??o!!

--------------------

"Pitty" pode at? ser o que ela e os outros integrantes consideram uma banda, mas para a gravadora, para o mundo jur?dico e pro p?blico em geral Pitty ? ela e s?.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »

May 27th looks like a really great day! The Darkness, Pitty(brazilian band, really good!!!) and GUNS N' ROSES!!!

It's a shame that it's not gonna be broadcast to brazil  Cry

PW, remember, Pitty is the name of an artist that has a band but it's not the name of the band itself. Anyway, Pitty and her band are pretty good and will kick ass!!!

Yeah, I know that Pitty is her name, but if you buy the cd it won't be labeled as "Pitty and Band", is Just like Sebastian Bach, the band only has his name because people knows his name! Is the same with Pitty...

PW, your arguments justify what I'm saying: the same thing happens to Rita Lee, Morrissey  and even Lionel Richie ( rofl rofl rofl). Legaly and comercialy, they are the artists, it's their names, and they have a band to do live shows and studio recordings with them.
If Pitty fires the band, her next album will still be a "Pitty" album... in this case, legally and comercialy doesn't matter who the band members are.
BTW, we are totally off topic, if you want to debate more things about it let's do it via PM, ok!?
Abra??o!!

--------------------

"Pitty" pode at? ser o que ela e os outros integrantes consideram uma banda, mas para a gravadora, para o mundo jur?dico e pro p?blico em geral Pitty ? ela e s?.

Yes, I'm not denying that the band is Pitty plus a bunch of hired musicians, it is, just like Guns N' Roses!!!

But the thing is: even though the band is based in one person, all the things regarding the band itself(like writings) are done based on the band's opinion, not just in one person's opinion!

Yes, Pitty owns the band and she can do whatever she wants to do, but if the whole band has their opinion taken seriously and, most important, if those opinion's are actually used on their records, shows or whatever, it's not just about one person anymore, it's a BAND! But a band with the name of the owner, that's all!

It's not like Roberto Carlos or Britney Spears, who has their bands but they are, in fact, hired musicians with no opinion in the music making!

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »

It's a shame that it's not gonna be broadcast to brazil? Cry

PW, your arguments justify what I'm saying: the same thing happens to Rita Lee, Morrissey? and even Lionel Richie ( rofl rofl rofl). Legaly and comercialy, they are the artists, it's their names, and they have a band to do live shows and studio recordings with them.
Abra??o!!

--------------------

Yes, I'm not denying that the band is Pitty plus a bunch of hired musicians, it is, just like Guns N' Roses!!!

But the thing is: even though the band is based in one person, all the things regarding the band itself(like writings) are done based on the band's opinion, not just in one person's opinion!

Yes, Pitty owns the band and she can do whatever she wants to do, but if the whole band has their opinion taken seriously and, most important, if those opinion's are actually used on their records, shows or whatever, it's not just about one person anymore, it's a BAND! But a band with the name of the owner, that's all!

It's not like Roberto Carlos or Britney Spears, who has their bands but they are, in fact, hired musicians with no opinion in the music making!

Agree, in fact it's a band, legally and comercially speaking it's not.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2006, 07:10:41 PM »

It's a shame that it's not gonna be broadcast to brazil  Cry

PW, your arguments justify what I'm saying: the same thing happens to Rita Lee, Morrissey  and even Lionel Richie ( rofl rofl rofl). Legaly and comercialy, they are the artists, it's their names, and they have a band to do live shows and studio recordings with them.
Abra??o!!

--------------------

Agree, in fact it's a band, legally and comercially speaking it's not.

Yes, legally and comercially it isn't, but musically it is!

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:30 PM »

Man, yet another reason why I shouldn't live in Australia!! Though I am seeing the Darkness in April, but it would be way cooler to see them and Guns N Roses straight after.....Goddamn.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

Man, yet another reason why I shouldn't live in Australia!! Though I am seeing the Darkness in April, but it would be way cooler to see them and Guns N Roses straight after.....Goddamn.

And what about me? I live in Rio de Janeiro!!! This stupid festival should be HERE for god's sake!!!  Cry

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2006, 07:44:34 PM »

The Darkness AND Guns N' Roses in one night?

Damn, that will be a night to remember...  beer

I've seen the Darkness in NYC, got their first album signed by all 4 of them. Amazing band.

alexh0618
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2006, 09:53:34 PM »

The Darkness and GnR, THATS DUCKIN TITTIES!!

I hope they tour together in North America. I'd much rather have that then AX7 or NIN.
Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2006, 06:37:15 AM »

for those will go to the show, enjoy Pitty.

it's a good rock brazilian singer...

peace

are you ready?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2006, 07:32:21 AM »

I guess November Rain will take a whole new meaning now...

"So never mind THE DARKNESS... because we still can find the way"

hihi

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:30 AM »

Unfortunately, The Darkness second album didn't reach the expectations. I don't mean sales-wise, it's not as good.

I saw them live in Dec. '04. Not bad, there are ok. It was a fun show. I remember reading a thread here a year and a half ago about the similarities between GNR and The Darkness (and the possibility of a join tour). Funny how some things do come true.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2006, 08:20:56 AM »

Unfortunately, The Darkness second album didn't reach the expectations. I don't mean sales-wise, it's not as good.

I saw them live in Dec. '04. Not bad, there are ok. It was a fun show. I remember reading a thread here a year and a half ago about the similarities between GNR and The Darkness (and the possibility of a join tour). Funny how some things do come true.

I think that their albums grow on you.

And you have to listen to their music really loud cause it's basically music for partying....

Anyway, I saw Guns in 2002, Darkness in 2004 and I'll see Guns and Darkness in 2006.

What's next?

Guns (re-united), Darkness and Led Zeppelin (re-united with Bonham's son) in 2008?  Grin

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2006, 08:23:17 AM »

Christos, you are a lucky guy, enjoy the gigs and don't forget the reviews  peace
You'll have a great summer  Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2006, 08:28:56 AM »

And what about me? I live in Rio de Janeiro!!! This stupid festival should be HERE for god's sake!!!  Cry

That's the same has saying that Kentucky Fried Chicken should exist only in Kentucky...

Rock In Rio is a trademark like Coca Cola. Medina said that bringing foreign bands to Brazil is much more expensive than bringing them to Europe.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2006, 08:29:31 AM »

Christos, you are a lucky guy, enjoy the gigs and don't forget the reviews  peace
You'll have a great summer  Cool

Well, you'll get at least 2 reviews from me. Lisbon and Madrid.

I got a ticket for Paris and if all goes well, a third review will be posted...  ok

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2006, 08:34:37 AM »

I guess November Rain will take a whole new meaning now...

"So never mind THE DARKNESS... because we still can find the way"

hihi

Haha, loves it I do!  rofl

I like The Darkness.  I'm glad they're hitting Lisbon, that's going to be an awesome show, anyway.  Especially that GNR will be there.  I hope it's televised in Canada!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2006, 09:12:17 AM »

And what about me? I live in Rio de Janeiro!!! This stupid festival should be HERE for god's sake!!!? Cry

PW, rumor has it that next year will be our time (RIR will be back here - hopefully with GNR).

raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »

Gun N`Roses RIR broadcast for Brasil, M?xico e Argentina
TNT Chanel
Check iT
http://tntla.turner.com/br/general/index.jsp

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print